Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe Bert needs to show the movie "Greater" before LSU game

Started by dpetty121263, November 08, 2017, 07:44:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dpetty121263

Well thinking outside the box here but maybe Bert could have a team night and screen the movie "Greater" in the hope to inspire this team into doing something for the upcoming LSU game.

cjack

Greater might not fit in with the new Razorback branding. Throwing the A and Woo Pig instead of tradition is where it's at.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

The NewEra

If this team can't get inspired by the 1977-1978 team being recognized during a home game or speeches from Kenny Hamlin and three other all time greats then I think even the movie Greater will fail to inspire them.

Thunderhog Jr

I've been a Razorback fan for over 50 years and have never said Woo Pig, it was always           
Go Hogs................
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

cjack

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on November 08, 2017, 07:51:48 am
I've been a Razorback fan for over 50 years and have never said Woo Pig, it was always           
Go Hogs................

I agree. Me too. I was referring to the branding our coach brought with him.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

The Boar War

Interesting plan.  Do you think anyone remembers where the film room is located?

jkstock04

Go Hogs................
I've wondered the same...where he came up with that? Only time i say 'woo pig' is when I'm doing the Hog call.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Razorfox

I would be disappointed to find out that not every current and former Razorback player hadn't already seen this movie. 

Cotton

They usually reserve movies like this for activities during Thanksgiving week when all the students are gone and there's no classes.  Bored football players are known to get in to trouble if you don't keep them occupied.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jgphillips3

Deliverance would better prepare them for the experience they are about to have.

Michael D Huff AIA

Motivation is a funny thing.

I've always thought that it's a temporary condition.  If I have to 'get' motivated, that means that at some point in time I wasn't, or didn't have motivation to do a certain thing.

Motivation should be inherent, especially when you're talking about football players that represent the flagship program in the state.

If that isn't enough to have 'motivation' 100% of the time, you're asking the wrong people to do the job.

They say that a team will take on the personality of the person leading it.  I think that's the biggest problem we have here.

Cotton

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 08, 2017, 08:31:02 am
Motivation is a funny thing.

I've always thought that it's a temporary condition.  If I have to 'get' motivated, that means that at some point in time I wasn't, or didn't have motivation to do a certain thing.

Motivation should be inherent, especially when you're talking about football players that represent the flagship program in the state.

If that isn't enough to have 'motivation' 100% of the time, you're asking the wrong people to do the job.

They say that a team will take on the personality of the person leading it.  I think that's the biggest problem we have here.
The biggest motivation in College Football is your teammates. The fans, the school, the state, the program etc is all secondary. 

The second factor is coaching. Once a coach has lost a team, players aren't going to play hard for him. They're defeated before they even get to the stadium even though sometimes they stumble upon a win.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hogusta National

Go Hogs................

Are you people kidding me.  Look I want the guy out of here too, but the arguments some of you people come up with are pretty much idiotic.  Nothing wrong with 'Woo Pig' but if you would rather say 'Go Hogs' go for it.  But goodness - idiocy at its best right now.  It just continues to boggle my mind.

The reason he needs to go is the product he puts on the field each week is a hot mess to put it mildly.  But now since he started 'throwing the A' it is now false to do so.  Do you people not have anything else to do at night.  Geez - do you beat your dog at night too?!?!?!?!

26.2Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 08, 2017, 08:20:53 am
Deliverance would better prepare them for the experience they are about to have.

That made me spew coffee out my nose.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ever notice on SEC Nation when going in and out of segments or commercials they show snippets of different coaches halftime speeches.  I've never seen one of BB.  Now you don't want a coach that coaches on pure emotion because that can't be sustained but you do need someone that can fire up the players so they are ready to give max effort and focus or rally them during halftime.  I dont' see BB at that guy and it seems to be reflected in games where we have just been flat, TCU, SC this year.  Wasn't it Baz that spoke to the team before they got that first big win against LSU in 2014?

So instead of suggesting that BB show Greater to the team, I suggest he watch watch it himself, maybe the Al Pacino speech from Any Given Sunday as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Cotton

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 07:59:01 am
I've wondered the same...where he came up with that? Only time i say 'woo pig' is when I'm doing the Hog call.
I've had several people yell Pig Sooie or Woo Pig at me in airports across the country FWIW

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: Hogusta National on November 08, 2017, 08:44:26 am
Are you people kidding me.  Look I want the guy out of here too, but the arguments some of you people come up with are pretty much idiotic.  Nothing wrong with 'Woo Pig' but if you would rather say 'Go Hogs' go for it.  But goodness - idiocy at its best right now.  It just continues to boggle my mind.

The reason he needs to go is the product he puts on the field each week is a hot mess to put it mildly.  But now since he started 'throwing the A' it is now false to do so.  Do you people not have anything else to do at night.  Geez - do you beat your dog at night too?!?!?!?!

No, I do not beat my dog at night and I was only stating that over the years the phrase has been Go Hogs, but if you want to get your panties all in a wad go ahead, it won't change anything.  A little thin skinned and touchy are we?
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

EastexHawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 08, 2017, 08:20:53 am

I feel guilty for laughing at that.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on November 08, 2017, 09:11:10 am
No, I do not beat my dog at night and I was only stating that over the years the phrase has been Go Hogs, but if you want to get your panties all in a wad go ahead, it won't change anything.  A little thin skinned and touchy are we?

Can we at least give him credit for uniting the state by having everyone throw the "A".
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The NewEra

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 08, 2017, 09:35:21 am
Can we at least give him credit for uniting the state by having everyone throw the "A".

I can count everyone I've seen throw the "A" on two fingers.  No one in my family or extended family has ever done it.  I certainly didn't see any of it Saturday while watching the game either.  That's another of BB's failed attempts to embrace the program, while changing it at the same time, and never really appreciating the long standing traditions of the program.  It goes to what I think has been one of BB's biggest problems and that's the need to constantly tinker around with what's working.  He can't help but to try and put his marketing touch on everything. 

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 08, 2017, 09:35:21 am

Sure why not, He threw the W at Wisky too.......