Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Possibility

Started by lynbug, February 11, 2017, 01:23:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Don't smite me but......does anyone think Lionel Hollins (former Grizzlies and Knicks coach) might be a good option.  I live in NE Arkansas and  have followed the Grizzlies for years and I thought he was great.  The players loved him.  He still lives in Memphis and still loyal to his Grizzly players he developed.  He might be holding out for another pro job but...who knows.  Any opinions on this

HawgAdvocate

He's 63 years old. Remember, this job entails being a 24/7 Razorback brand ambassador as much as it is being an actual coach. Hollins would have to efficiently appeal to and inspire teenagers instead of just managing professionals, for years to come. Is he hungry? Is he motivated enough to create a winner and delve into NCAA recruiting, day after day after day? I don't think so.

If he wanted to be coaching for a college program, he'd be doing it now.

IMO.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

GuvHog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 11, 2017, 02:22:38 pm
He's 63 years old. Remember, this job entails being a 24/7 Razorback brand ambassador as much as it is being an actual coach. Hollins would have to efficiently appeal to and inspire teenagers instead of just managing professionals, for years to come. Is he hungry? Is he motivated enough to create a winner and delve into NCAA recruiting, day after day after day? I don't think so.

IMO.

Agreed. At the age of 63 he's probably thinking more about retirement.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lynbug

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 11, 2017, 02:22:38 pm

IMO.
Thank you for responding and I should have done my homework....I didn't realize that he was that old.   Also, hadn't thought a lot about the difference in coaching dynamics in college and pro.