Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just watched CBS selection preview special

Started by bigpigpimpin, February 11, 2017, 12:02:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Gotta love seeing ASU projected to be in but no hogs. Goodness.  :puke:

HogBreath

Just wait till next year, or the following year for sure!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

lynbug

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 11, 2017, 12:02:35 pm
Yeah, I was watching that, too.  ASU's current bracket status is based on the fact they are in a 3 way tie for first in the SunBelt.  However, unfortunately for ASU, they'll only hear their name on Selection Sunday IF they win their tournament--the only automatic bid.  But, could this year possibly be a repeat of 1987 when U of A hosted ASU in the NIT.  That just might be the straw that breaks the PTB's back. 

Sivad

That would truly be the bottom of the barrel.

lynbug

Quote from: Sivad on February 11, 2017, 01:27:30 pm
Would you consider ASU to be a mid-major or a lower mid-major?  Regardless, you know that the 15-16 seeds are full of those tourney winners every year.  Could happen.

realistichog

I hope ASU gets in the ncaat. I don't want the hogs to face them in NIT, because I don't think we can beat them. However, the way things are going we may not make the nit.

rickfahr

Quote from: realistichog on February 11, 2017, 01:58:43 pm
I hope ASU gets in the ncaat. I don't want the hogs to face them in NIT, because I don't think we can beat them. However, the way things are going we may not make the nit.

kinda/sorta related; long story short, used to hear the local newspaper sports guys in jonesboro talk about uca and other schools in the state the way hogs fans talk about asu; asu would kill 'em, they always said; they played football earlier this year, and uca beat asu, which later went to a bowl game;

so, on any given night, who knows what can happen

MountieDawg

Quote from: lynbug on February 11, 2017, 01:18:46 pm
Yeah, I was watching that, too.  ASU's current bracket status is based on the fact they are in a 3 way tie for first in the SunBelt.  However, unfortunately for ASU, they'll only hear their name on Selection Sunday IF they win their tournament--the only automatic bid.  But, could this year possibly be a repeat of 1987 when U of A hosted ASU in the NIT.  That just might be the straw that breaks the PTB's back.

At this point both teams have the win their conference tourney toget in.
SEC!

Hogs958

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Sivad on February 11, 2017, 01:27:30 pm

But haven't we sat at home--while UALR makes the tournament?? Seems this happened more than once.

Dropkick

All 3 Sunbelt leaders lost on the road today. ASU played UTA tough tho.

PORKULATOR

We gotta win out, and I don't think we got the stuff.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jry04

They were projected in because they play in a weak conference and are currently first place. They just lost to that same UTA team that we beat. They have to win their conference tournament to make it. You won't have to worry about them for too much longer. They are 9-3 in the Sun Belt and the only top 4 team they have played in the conference was UTA who beat them.