This is the coach folks!

Started by BassinHawg, February 09, 2017, 02:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinHawg

SMDH, is he serious?

Delete if already posted.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

bkjbearcat

Maybe MA see's the writing on the wall. He's either going out fighting, in a blaze of glory or he's in I don't give a____ mode.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Atlhogfan1

Need some context.  Was this in response to a stupid question? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Biggus Piggus

Somebody asked whether the team had gotten too comfortable about coming from behind, as they did in numerous SEC road games.
[CENSORED]!

daprospecta

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 09, 2017, 02:49:54 pm
Maybe MA see's the writing on the wall. He's either going out fighting, in a blaze of glory or he's in I don't give a____ mode.
This. I want to see how we finish the season. I'd say this is the first time in his tenure that he is somewhat on the hot seat.  Tension brings the best out of some.

sickboy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 09, 2017, 03:00:44 pm

Seriously. Context is everything with a sound bite like that.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 03:04:21 pm
Somebody asked whether the team had gotten too comfortable about coming from behind, as they did in numerous SEC road games.

Well then that was a poor answer.  Kinda smartass.

Sounds like the question was about focus, effort and motivation.  Anderson took it to they aren't doing it on purpose.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Biggus Piggus

I still don't know whether Anderson realizes that the reason why his team is falling behind over and over = because opponents scout the Hogs and prepare a game plan + he goes in clueless without a specific plan for each opponent + relies solely on adjusting after he sees what they are doing.

This isn't entirely accurate. He went into the Kentucky game with specific scouting and plans. Just like Nolan - he will shoot for specific games. Didn't match Cal's halftime adjustments though.
[CENSORED]!

daprospecta

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 03:12:07 pm
I still don't know whether Anderson realizes that the reason why his team is falling behind over and over = because opponents scout the Hogs and prepare a game plan + he goes in clueless without a specific plan for each opponent + relies solely on adjusting after he sees what they are doing.

This isn't entirely accurate. He went into the Kentucky game with specific scouting and plans. Just like Nolan - he will shoot for specific games. Didn't match Cal's halftime adjustments though.
He's fighting for his job so I'd imagine he is going to approach every game like Kentucky.

lynbug

I think MA must realize the fan feelings and basketball atmosphere in Razorback land right now.  And if he does we SHOULD see him pull out all stops from here on out.  And if results aren't a total turnaround, then reality should be much more visible by everyone.  It should make decision making easier. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: daprospecta on February 09, 2017, 03:19:46 pm
He's fighting for his job so I'd imagine he is going to approach every game like Kentucky.

Like last game? Is this even in his control anymore?
[CENSORED]!

WilsonHog

I hope so.

lynbug

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 03:39:58 pm
Like last game? Is this even in his control anymore?
Good point.  On second thought, the cows may already be out of the barn.

SPAL

It's a win win for us....Either he gets fired or he runs the table through the SECT and gets us to the dance. Either way, I'll take either outcome.

Pork Twain

You would think so but the results have not reflected that
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jst01

I don't think it will matter how he "approach's" any game at this point, 20+ games into the season. For something to change he would need to go back in time to June 2016 and build a long-term plan that is tailored to this teams strengths. It's been said a thousand times but I don't believe that the teams talent has been utilized in the best way that it could be and you cant just hit a button and start down a new path this far into it.

Sivad

hog.goblin

Quote from: daprospecta on February 09, 2017, 03:05:25 pm
This. I want to see how we finish the season. I'd say this is the first time in his tenure that he is somewhat on the hot seat.  Tension brings the best out of some.

First time in his career, not just tenure

HogBreath

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 09, 2017, 03:43:45 pm
It's a win win for us....Either he gets fired or he runs the table through the SECT and gets us to the dance. Either way, I'll take either outcome.
Anything that keeps Mike as the coach is not a win for the basketball program, unless you're happy with being mediocre & riding the fast 40 roller coaster.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Hoggish1

Fare enough. Mike needs that type of pressure.  He should be sitting on 19-5 right now, but he's not. 

hawganatic

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 09, 2017, 03:09:50 pm
Well then that was a poor answer.  Kinda smartass.

Sounds like the question was about focus, effort and motivation.  Anderson took it to they aren't doing it on purpose.

That was a pretty stupid question.  Not sure if I could have answered it without being a smartass either...

ballz2thewall

Quote from: daprospecta on February 09, 2017, 03:05:25 pm

i'm with you, but he ain't got it, man....
The rest of the frog.

HognitiveDissonance

I chuckled when I read this.

Because that's precisely how I've felt for about the last four years or so.

I want MA to get on a roll, or go in the tank. I would be happy either way. I want closure. I want clarity.

Instead, we get the worst possible scenario. MA has mostly been mediocre, but he wins just enough or offers just enough hope(recruits two years down the road) to keep the arguments and debates going non-stop.

Iwastherein1969

Come on MIKE, on defense let's double our oppositions post player (who 9 times of 10 is their least formidable scorer) just so he can turn and hit cutters going to the basket for easy lay-ups or toss it out to their 3 point shooters who will deliver the knockout punch which is what happened against Vandy.  I am so sick of doubling the opposition's post player I could projectile vomit. Every time we do it, you know what is coming, a layup or yet another long range dagger.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hog47

Here's my take. Everyone here valid point about this team CMA.  But, the truth is this team has lost its ID, and totally lost their confidence.  I predict that they will win maybe 1 more game.

moses_007

Stop pressing 3 point shooting teams.  They break our press, then get a wide open 3 pointer.  Drop back and play good solid half court defense, and hope to get some steals and break-away baskets.

But Mike is like Bielema... he isn't going to change what he does.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: moses_007 on February 10, 2017, 02:28:53 am
But Mike is like Bielema... he isn't going to change what he does.

Uh...3-4...
[CENSORED]!

hogfanny

lol Thank you sir, I thought the sun never was goin to shine again!!!

realistichog

I am amazed that with 6 games remaining with 3  of them sure losers and the other are 50/50 yet people are still talking ncaat.  It's time to talk coaching search. There is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 09, 2017, 03:00:44 pm

Maybe it was a stupid answer to a legit question.