Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Incoming recruits

Started by Cavtastic Voyage, February 09, 2017, 01:17:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavtastic Voyage

Whenever a discussion to replace Anderson is started someone will always bring up his incoming recruits. I fail to see where recruits will fix a coaching problem. We're just gonna have good players who are coached poorly. We have guys on the team now who can score the ball. But we force them run the floor an entire game, we're taking there legs. Undoubtedly affecting there ability to shoot. Because of this wearing down of players we are forced to play to many players. No way we should be 10 deep in our bench. We don't have that many good players. We don't run a offense that creates easy buckets. We seem to run some sort of motion offense and then someone ends up in ISO trying to take a shot. When there not falling we can't score. Why teams like vandy and mizzou jumped out in us. For whatever reason we dont cover he baseline. it doesn't make sense to give up that many open 3s in the corner. We foul so much in the backcourt. Referees don't allow hand checking anymore, why are we still doing it. Among other things, I don't see where recruits will solve our problems, when a lot of these problems could be solved now and aren't.

hobhog

Next years class is 27th from what I understand. Year after is temporarily number 1 because other schools don't have many commitments yet and we have 4.

Just sayin. Recruits will not and should not be considered. Not fair to anyone involved...

MountieDawg

Kent State is 23rd with 1 2 star recruit in 2018....  Poor Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona and Oregon... They are not in the TOP 25 and have no one committed...
SEC!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hobhog on February 09, 2017, 01:20:38 pm
Next years class is 27th from what I understand. Year after is temporarily number 1 because other schools don't have many commitments yet and we have 4.

Just sayin. Recruits will not and should not be considered. Not fair to anyone involved...

The next two classes are good. But not great. Not the saviors of Mike Anderson of the basketball program some are saying it is. No where in the next two classes is a five star player. No where in the next two classes in a McDonalds All American. They're just a lot of fours. Yes good fours, but fours non the less. Maybe with a better coach they could be great. But not with MA.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Pork Twain

With the right hire, we will not have to worry about keeping players committed
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JayHog

With all the "woah is me" attitudes about our horrible offense and horrible scoring... I hate to bring facts into an argument, but we are second in the SEC in scoring average.

SEC sucks you say? Then let's look at the big picture...the national scene. Only 2 other teams in the nation (that's right, the WHOLE nation) have scored over 70+ points in as many games as we have.

Hawg Red

Quote from: JayHog on February 09, 2017, 02:56:43 pm
With all the "woah is me" attitudes about our horrible offense and horrible scoring... I hate to bring facts into an argument, but we are second in the SEC in scoring average.

SEC sucks you say? Then let's look at the big picture...the national scene. Only 2 other teams in the nation (that's right, the WHOLE nation) have scored over 70+ points in as many games as we have.

Lol.

Okay.

LRHawg

How many Tourney invites are handed out to the top scoring average teams?

Atlhogfan1

I look forward to Garland and Perry. 

I think the way to look at this is:

will the next two classes have enough success to act as a launching point for Anderson to finally, for the first time in his career, go out and get more talented players to gather on the same rosters and make the program nationally relevant again?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawg414

do you know who would rank 3rd in scoring??  whoever our opponent is.
thats right.  we are giving up right at 1 point less than what we are scoring ourselves. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 09, 2017, 02:27:16 pm
Kent State is 23rd with 1 2 star recruit in 2018....  Poor Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona and Oregon... They are not in the TOP 25 and have no one committed...

I'll give you three guesses where they will rank in a year or so and on signing day. We all know the first two guesses won't be needed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Scoring average means nothing without wins to get a dance bid.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cavtastic Voyage

No matter what players we get we aren't going to be good until we run an actual offense. Where we cut and screen. We foul so much that the other team is in the bonus most the time. Then in situations where we're in the bonus, where we could back off our press and try not to foul and use the bonus to our advantage. Instead we'll pick up cheap fouls 80ft from the bucket and put the other team in the bonus

pignparadise

Top recruiting classes are like a Ferrari.  You still need a driver.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 09, 2017, 02:49:15 pm
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogfanny

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 09, 2017, 02:49:15 pm
Good point. Could improve recruiting as well.

GuvHog

Quote from: pignparadise on February 09, 2017, 04:09:11 pm

This right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is a very good point.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

mountainhog

Quote from: pignparadise on February 09, 2017, 04:09:11 pm

This is probably the best argument I've seen to get a new coach!

Plus you have a great avatar!  :)