Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Main Problem With This Team Is...

Started by Youngsta71701, February 09, 2017, 09:06:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Sow Lancelot

February 09, 2017, 01:23:40 pm #51 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:46:55 pm by Sow Lancelot
nm
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Sivad

TrueBlue

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 11:21:36 am
Not being over dramatic. Just trying to get my point across to a bunch of know it all's. Two questions. 1. Do you retain everything your taught? 2. Do you always do everything your taught correctly? I'll hang up and listen...

One of the major problems with your position is your assuming that they were taught correctly to begin with. (Or even taught at all.)

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 09:06:34 am
Not any lock down players on defense. We are almost all offense and no defense.

Yes. Mike Anderson has not prioritized defense in guard recruiting. Not for a moment since he became Arkansas coach. It has been mystifying. He built this problem all by himself. It's his fault. Can't ask a bunch of scorers to turn into ace defenders, if he doesn't know how to teach them to do that.
[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 10, 2017, 08:45:48 am
One of the major problems with your position is your assuming that they were taught correctly to begin with. (Or even taught at all.)
I've heard numerous people from inside the program say that they are they scout the opponent, they are being taught, and they are being taught correctly they just are executing it.

On then other hand I have heard from some of those same people that they don't think they work on it enough. They do more scrimmaging than teaching. To me it should at least be 50/50. See, I can come at it from both angles. I don't like Mike so much that I can't dish out some constructive criticism.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 10, 2017, 09:17:12 am
Yes. Mike Anderson has not prioritized defense in guard recruiting. Not for a moment since he became Arkansas coach. It has been mystifying. He built this problem all by himself. It's his fault. Can't ask a bunch of scorers to turn into ace defenders, if he doesn't know how to teach them to do that.
I agree. Maybe he was hoping he could help improve some of them on the defensive end but it just isn't happening.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rljjr

I went back and watched some of the teams from the 80s and 90s. They hustled. They attacked passing lanes. They kept their eyes up. They trapped. There was always someone running for an outlet pass that usually resulted in points. They blocked out. They crashed the boards. They used the glass more. They used backdoor cuts. They made crisp passes. They drove in and dished out. They had swag and attitude.

I know things change. I know players come and go. I know the rules may have changed over time in hand-checking fouls, but the things above never go out of style.

HogBreath

Quote from: revolution on February 09, 2017, 09:42:04 am
If the Hogs had just taken care of business, beating young Miss. State at home, atrocious Missouri on the road and inconsistent Vandy at home, they would be sitting 20-4 and tied for first in the SEC with a 9-2 record!

The mismanagement of this team has been MA's biggest failure!  He told us last year that help was on the way.  He told us this season that now he had enough pieces to play his way!  Now he doesn't know what the answers are.

The answer may be unknown, but one thing has become glaringly apparent - IT ISN'T MIKE ANDERSON!
Obviously, right now Mike is not the answer.  But just wait until next year, then when next year becomes this year, we can look forward to Mike's sudden epiphany for the following season.  One thing for sure....MIKE WILL GET IT FIXED.   

Next year.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

WADHOG

Money says half of our roster can't point out the "short corner" on the court

majp51

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 11:22:36 am
The first class wasn't his class. That's pretty much why Jeff Long is giving him a 2 year pass.

Hah, the first class is also his best recruiting class. By that logic why aren't you for an 8 year plan for Bielema, the first years was only partly his, and Perl was bringing better players relative to both CBP recruits in 2011 and JLS in 2012

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 09, 2017, 10:08:30 am
The main problem is the coach. Period. Or maybe the main problem is that everyone here but 3 posters knows it and entertaining their denial by responding.

I like Mike. I really, really wanted it to work. Just two weeks ago, I made a big long thread/post about supporting the man. I believed in because it felt good to do it and it gave me some peace to sit back and support him without constantly battling within myself his negatives and positives. It feels like, as soon as I did that, he just completely lost control of the team. Just awful, awful, inexcusable losses at such a crucial, crucial time for the team and program. When you lose the players, and he has, you lose my support. It's not just his future that he's playing with, it's these kids futures', too. Some of these kids could play pro ball and deserve better coaching to equip them to do that. We, the fans, deserve a better product with better results. There are too many danged excuses for Mike Anderson. I'm done. We're all done. He's done. The players are done. There's nothing left. And there just wasn't much there to begin with. I feel like an idiot for making that thread in support of him. This man has been coaching for over a decade in college basketball and his results have badly declined as the years have gone on. He peaked in 2008. I cannot imagine him taking a team past the first weekend in today's game where his players can't use their hands as much (because they aren't taught to play real defense).
I'm trying to hold out just a little bit longer.  These last two conference games have been tough on my resolve, though.  Another poor showing tonight and who knows.  If something works, you don't have to fix it.  This darn ain't working right now.