Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Main Problem With This Team Is...

Started by Youngsta71701, February 09, 2017, 09:06:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Not any lock down players on defense. We are almost all offense and no defense. When our shot is not falling and we're not making layups we are done!

Kingsley- 27.9 min- defense/some offense/still not skilled in the paint/decent face up player
Macon- 25.9 min- offense/not much defense
Hannahs- 24.0- offense/defensive liability
Barford- 23.8 min- offense/pretty good defense- probably our most complete player
Beard- 23.1 min- serviceable offense/gambler on defense leaves defense vulnerable at times/boom or bust
Watkins- 21.1- almost all defense and hustle/better offense as of late
Thomas- 17.1 min- some toughness not much of anything else/decent ball handler for his size
Cook- 12.4 min- a little bit of offense/fundamental/gets lost at times on defense/a little bit of toughness
Thompson- 12.0- all size/decent passer/not much else
Jones- 7.9 min- offense/supposedly not much defense/haven't really seen enough to know
Bailey- 7.6 min- energy player/hustle player/crazy athleticism/get's lost on defense

Hazen- 3.4 min- I don't have a clue
Holmes- 1.7 min- I don't have a clue
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

Yes, lets blame the players, not the guy who is supposed to be teaching them " how to fight the damn bear " or " pick up the other team when they get off the bus ". No, lets blame the players, the fans, the refs, the announcers, the sec, the cia, the Rand Corporation, the Russians, Trump, Hilary, David Duke, Jesse Jackson, Matt Damon, Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Chinese, the one and done rule, alignment of planets, or fake news. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LRHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2017, 09:19:50 am
Yes, lets blame the players, not the guy who is supposed to be teaching them " how to fight the damn bear " or " pick up the other team when they get off the bus ". No, lets blame the players, the fans, the refs, the announcers, the sec, the cia, the Rand Corporation, the Russians, Trump, Hilary, David Duke, Jesse Jackson, Matt Damon, Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Chinese, the one and done rule, alignment of planets, or fake news.

You forgot Obama.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 09:06:34 am
Not any lock down players on defense. We are almost all offense and no defense. When our shot is not falling and we're not making layups we are done!

Kingsley- 27.9 min- defense/some offense/still not skilled in the paint/decent face up player
Barford- 23.8 min- offense/pretty good defense- probably our most complete player
Beard- 23.1 min- serviceable offense/gambler on defense leaves defense vulnerable at times/boom or bust
Thomas- 17.1 min- some toughness not much of anything else/decent ball handler for his size
Cook- 12.4 min- a little bit of offense/fundamental/gets lost at times on defense/a little bit of toughness
Jones- 7.9 min- offense/supposedly not much defense/haven't really seen enough to know
Bailey- 7.6 min- energy player/hustle player/crazy athleticism/get's lost on defense

Good coaches adjust to the talent on hand. If they're as incompetent defensively as you claim (which I don't agree with), then why would the coach insist on putting them in the most physically demanding defensive sets by trapping/pressing all over the court? 

If you lack individual defensive skill, you adapt with team defensive sets (zones, close to the basket, etc.), not man to man 25+ feet from the basket and constant switching to allow mismatches.

cardsNhogs

This team with a quality coach would be easily in the NCAA T

Youngsta71701

Like it or not no matter how much you teach the players and how well you teach the players they're still not gonna do everything right. But I'm sure you do everything right that you are taught in your perfect little world. If everybody could be perfect like you we would be living in a perfect world. BTW I'm not blaming the players I'm just pointing out the weaknesses and strengths of this team. If every college player was good on both offense and defense they all would go to the NBA right? Rather you want to believe it or not, not many college players are good or great at everything. Oh, but that's right, Mike Anderson should be able to work his voodoo magic and make all of them Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, and Hakeem Olajuwon right? Even they had some weaknesses. Although not many.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 09, 2017, 09:27:22 am
Good coaches adjust to the talent on hand. If they're as incompetent defensively as you claim (which I don't agree with), then why would the coach insist on putting them in the most physically demanding defensive sets by trapping/pressing all over the court? 

If you lack individual defensive skill, you adapt with team defensive sets (zones, close to the basket, etc.), not man to man 25+ feet from the basket and constant switching to allow mismatches.
I agree that we should be playing more zone this year or more pack down man to man because we don't have to personnel to play lock down in our face defense this year. I put that on Mike for sure.

The_Iceman

It seems to be the new Mike huggers strategy, attack the players and make their beloved coach look like a victim.

It's been 6 years. In another thread, Biggus lays out year by year, player by player, how Mike Anderson has failed the players and the program.

revolution

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 09, 2017, 09:30:23 am

If the Hogs had just taken care of business, beating young Miss. State at home, atrocious Missouri on the road and inconsistent Vandy at home, they would be sitting 20-4 and tied for first in the SEC with a 9-2 record!

The mismanagement of this team has been MA's biggest failure!  He told us last year that help was on the way.  He told us this season that now he had enough pieces to play his way!  Now he doesn't know what the answers are.

The answer may be unknown, but one thing has become glaringly apparent - IT ISN'T MIKE ANDERSON!

The real Hogules

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 09:37:21 am
Like it or not no matter how much you teach the players and how well you teach the players they're still not gonna do everything right. But I'm sure you do everything right that you are taught in your perfect little world. If everybody could be perfect like you we would be living in a perfect world. BTW I'm not blaming the players I'm just pointing out the weaknesses and strengths of this team. If every college player was good on both offense and defense they all would go to the NBA right? Rather you want to believe it or not, not many college players are good or great at everything. Oh, but that's right, Mike Anderson should be able to work his voodoo magic and make all of them Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, and Hakeem Olajuwon right? Even they had some weaknesses.

This is year #6, so remind me who recruited all of these defensive liabilities to come and play for a coach who (allegedly) emphasizes hard nosed defense?
You failed to mention the coaching staffs weaknesses, which appear to be recruiting the type of players necessary to run CMA's preferred style of basketball.
Our current roster has enough quality parts to make the NCAAT easily, with better leadership, IMHO.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogsanity

Like it or not no matter how much you teach the players and how well you teach the players they're still not gonna do everything right. But I'm sure you do everything right that you are taught in your perfect little world. If everybody could be perfect like you we would be living in a perfect world. BTW I'm not blaming the players I'm just pointing out the weaknesses and strengths of this team. If every college player was good on both offense and defense they all would go to the NBA right? Rather you want to believe it or not, not many college players are good or great at everything. Oh, but that's right, Mike Anderson should be able to work his voodoo magic and make all of them Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, and Hakeem Olajuwon right? Even they had some weaknesses. Although not many.

I am far from perfect. You could take your descriptions of each player and plug it into any group Mike has had. Like has been said before, the players change but the problems remain the same. That is ALL ON MIKE. He either can not teach what he wants them to do, or he keeps recrutiing players that can't/won't do it. Either way, that's on him and him alone.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TrueBlue

Over dramatic much??

THAT is why Mike Anderson gets paid the big bucks. He gets paid to teach and train. That is his main job. Now if he can't do it properly, yes he needs to be replaced. If they are not retaining what is taught, he is not doing it correctly. If he is instructing incorrectly to begin with, well that is a bigger issue.

Also, WHO recruited these players?? Oh yea, Mike Anderson. If their talent is deficient, he is to blame for that too.

No matter which path you take, it will always lead back to the head coach, especially one that has been here six years. 

THAT is the main problem.

revolution

Okay, I know this won't happen, but . . .

Suppose MA steps down or is fired immediately.

Scotty Thurman is named interim coach.

Thurman tweaks the offense and defense to maximize what his players do best.  Player excitement and buy-in soars!  Large raucous crowds return to Bud Walton!

Hogs go on a roll and make the Tournament!

Okay, that's not going to happen.  Please get rid of Anderson and hire a competent coach!

Letsroll1200

They don't have the talent on he Hill right now to compete at the level many Hog fans would like. When Arkansas was really rolling we had NBA talent on the Roster. Day, Mayberry, Miller, Beck, Williamson, McDaniel all played in the NBA. Only one player on this roster is projected to be drafted in 2017-2018 and that's Moses Kingsley. The problem is Moses Kingsley has not played with effort and has not performed as a NBA level talent this season.

The only way to win at Arkansas is getting the elite talent to the Hill. I've watched Arkansas basketball since I was 8-9 years old. Nolan Richardson after the national championship and runner up years struggled by his standards because he did not have that NBA player on the roster. He got Joe Johnson on the roster and was able to win SEC tournament during the 2000 season.

We are not going to coach our way out of this we have to recruit our way out of this.

cardsNhogs

Yea because thats what we are expecting! Perfection and for every player to be Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson! Mike Anderson is close to achieving this but I want him fired because we arent at this level!

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2017, 09:48:38 am
I am far from perfect. You could take your descriptions of each player and plug it into any group Mike has had. Like has been said before, the players change but the problems remain the same. That is ALL ON MIKE. He either can not teach what he wants them to do, or he keeps recrutiing players that can't/won't do it. Either way, that's on him and him alone.

Right on. He doesn't even know what kind of players his system needs. He just goes out and finds the players with Arkansas connections or family ties, regardless of fit.

And instead of taking the talent he does land and coach a game plan that fits them, he tries to jam the square pegs into round holes. He doesn't have the point guard or the athleticism on the wings or 4-spot to run what he wants to run, yet he forces it anyways.

The one main problem for 6 years he has been Mike Anderson.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 09, 2017, 09:46:08 am
This is year #6, so remind me who recruited all of these defensive liabilities to come and play for a coach who (allegedly) emphasizes hard nosed defense?
You failed to mention the coaching staffs weaknesses, which appear to be recruiting the type of players necessary to run CMA's preferred style of basketball.
Our current roster has enough quality parts to make the NCAAT easily, with better leadership, IMHO.
Oh you guys have mentioned those enough for everybody that's ever been associated with hogville. No need for me to keep piling on.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 09, 2017, 09:53:29 am
They don't have the talent on he Hill right now to compete at the level many Hog fans would like. When Arkansas was really rolling we had NBA talent on the Roster. Day, Mayberry, Miller, Beck, Williamson, McDaniel all played in the NBA. Only one player on this roster is projected to be drafted in 2017-2018 and that's Moses Kingsley. The problem is Moses Kingsley has not played with effort and has not performed as a NBA level talent this season.

The only way to win at Arkansas is getting the elite talent to the Hill. I've watched Arkansas basketball since I was 8-9 years old. Nolan Richardson after the national championship and runner up years struggled by his standards because he did not have that NBA player on the roster. He got Joe Johnson on the roster and was able to win SEC tournament during the 2000 season.

We are not going to coach our way out of this we have to recruit our way out of this.

They have the talent, they are just not being developed in practice, or being put in the proper system and game plan to maximize their talents.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2017, 09:48:38 am
Funny how you always use the recruiting excuse when it comes time to defend Bret Bielema... ;)

revolution

When a team fails for several years, you don't fire the players.  You fire the coach!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 09:55:13 am
Oh you guys have mentioned those enough for everybody that's ever been associated with hogville. No need for me to keep piling on.

Yep, just blame the players now. It's their fault they have a low-energy, incompetent coaching staff that can't game plan well enough to beat a 5 win Mizzou team and a 11 win Vandy team.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 09, 2017, 09:54:12 am
Right on. He doesn't even know what kind of players his system needs. He just goes out and finds the players with Arkansas connections or family ties, regardless of fit.

And instead of taking the talent he does land and coach a game plan that fits them, he tries to jam the square pegs into round holes. He doesn't have the point guard or the athleticism on the wings or 4-spot to run what he wants to run, yet he forces it anyways.

The one main problem for 6 years he has been Mike Anderson.

I know it is hard, and dangerous, to try to compare teams across generations, but the one things that finally put Nolan over the top was when he went BIG. The 94 and 95 teams were huge. Corliss, Robinson, Wilson. Those 2 teams were built inside out. Yes, they could press, yes they could trap, but above all, when the situation called for it, they could play big man basketball. Nolan finally realized that was how he was going to win it all.

LRHawg

I agree to an extent, specifically to challenging for a national championship. Mike's recruiting 2014/2015 will be his un-doing. However, This team is more than talented enough to at least make the tournament. We do need a PG, but what we have SHOULD be able to make the tournament, and we have blown that by big let downs in winnable games. THAT falls on coaching.

majp51

And whose job is it to coach them up, or recruit a lock down defender? You can try and deflect, but the roster, and it's holes are only the result of one person, CMA.

Hawg Red

The main problem is the coach. Period. Or maybe the main problem is that everyone here but 3 posters knows it and entertaining their denial by responding.

I like Mike. I really, really wanted it to work. Just two weeks ago, I made a big long thread/post about supporting the man. I believed in because it felt good to do it and it gave me some peace to sit back and support him without constantly battling within myself his negatives and positives. It feels like, as soon as I did that, he just completely lost control of the team. Just awful, awful, inexcusable losses at such a crucial, crucial time for the team and program. When you lose the players, and he has, you lose my support. It's not just his future that he's playing with, it's these kids futures', too. Some of these kids could play pro ball and deserve better coaching to equip them to do that. We, the fans, deserve a better product with better results. There are too many danged excuses for Mike Anderson. I'm done. We're all done. He's done. The players are done. There's nothing left. And there just wasn't much there to begin with. I feel like an idiot for making that thread in support of him. This man has been coaching for over a decade in college basketball and his results have badly declined as the years have gone on. He peaked in 2008. I cannot imagine him taking a team past the first weekend in today's game where his players can't use their hands as much (because they aren't taught to play real defense).

Letsroll1200

Quote from: revolution on February 09, 2017, 09:56:30 am
When a team fails for several years, you don't fire the players.  You fire the coach!

I wouldn't say that there have been failure for several years. Mike had shown improvement in the program until the disaster of last season. We have to close this season out strong. I'm hoping that this team just had a bad stretch and can at least go 5-2. That would put us at 22 wins and 11-7 before the SEC tournament.

Hawg Red

Quote from: LRHawg on February 09, 2017, 10:06:01 am
I agree to an extent, specifically to challenging for a national championship. Mike's recruiting 2014/2015 will be his un-doing. However, This team is more than talented enough to at least make the tournament. We do need a PG, but what we have SHOULD be able to make the tournament, and we have blown that by big let downs in winnable games. THAT falls on coaching.

This team is plenty talented enough to make the tournament and lose an 8/9 matchup, I agree. Can't even do that. So maybe we'll get the satisfaction of losing in the first round when all of these recruits are here.

Or we can just end this experiment/charade and get a serious coach in here. I don't care about how big the name is. Just be able to coach.

Kevin

asking him just get to the tournament, not win the thing.

this team in this conference should be able to do that

I cannot believe that is asking too much
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 09, 2017, 10:11:09 am
This team is plenty talented enough to make the tournament and lose an 8/9 matchup, I agree. Can't even do that. So maybe we'll get the satisfaction of losing in the first round when all of these recruits are here.

Or we can just end this experiment/charade and get a serious coach in here. I don't care about how big the name is. Just be able to coach.

Yeah, I don't see Mike having the success he had with Portis again (he's peaked), because the SEC has actually gotten better as whole, thanks to better coaches coming in. Bama is looking better, and are a few players to pair with Ingram away from being dangerous. Vandy started slow but looks dangerous. Miss State is young and will be good next year. Tennessee will probably be about the same next year. The middle of the SEC pack is improving. Florida, Kentucky, and USCEast are going to be good again. That leaves us fighting with the other 3-4 middle teams for the last tournament spot. I just don't see Mike making it to the tournament next year, either. That will be one tourney in 7!!! What little leadership I see on the floor is leaving.Too much evidence suggests keeping him another year or even two would be a huge waste of an opportunity to return to relevance with a good crop of in-state kids.

Soooie21

I agree with this....the way the teams plays is on the coach.....

nwahogfan1

Mike is not teaching good defensive principles.  He is teaching gambling and reaching and grabbing type defense which leads to 2 and 3 guys on the same player leaving offensive players wide open on the weak side.  This is great if we get a steal or a deflection but if not it leads to a team shooting a higher pct. than they have shot all year.

I do not see this changing.

Time for a change.

TheOtherColombia

So isn't it on the coach to get the right balance of defense and scoring on the floor?  He knows what he has, the problem is he has no idea how to use it. 

RacinRazorback

[
/quote]

You are correct sir! This team is plenty talented to make a nice tourney run! Just need COACHING!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 09, 2017, 09:52:04 am
Over dramatic much??

THAT is why Mike Anderson gets paid the big bucks. He gets paid to teach and train. That is his main job. Now if he can't do it properly, yes he needs to be replaced. If they are not retaining what is taught, he is not doing it correctly.
Not being over dramatic. Just trying to get my point across to a bunch of know it all's. Two questions. 1. Do you retain everything your taught? 2. Do you always do everything your taught correctly? I'll hang up and listen...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 09, 2017, 09:46:08 am
The first class wasn't his class. That's pretty much why Jeff Long is giving him a 2 year pass.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LRHawg on February 09, 2017, 10:06:01 am
Our best and only TRUE point guard is hurt. A lot of people are going to be surprised by him next year. This kid is a TRUE point guard that can score with the best of them. His only negative is that he's only 5'10.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 11:29:18 am
Our best and only TRUE point guard is hurt. A lot of people are going to be surprised by him next year. This kid is a TRUE point guard that can score with the best of them. His only negative is that he's only 5'10.

Oh boy, wait til next year for a walk on point guard!

It won't matter as long as Mike is the coach.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 09, 2017, 10:08:30 am
The main problem is the coach. Period. Or maybe the main problem is that everyone here but 3 posters knows it and entertaining their denial by responding.
Nobody knows anything. Everything we say is just our personal opinion. Like I said unless the ones that want him gone are just a bunch of know it all's.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 11:21:36 am
Not being over dramatic. Just trying to get my point across to a bunch of know it all's. Two questions. 1. Do you retain everything your taught? 2. Do you always do everything your taught correctly? I'll hang up and listen...
It is obvious this team is not being taught. Just watch as we try to run what I think is supposed to be some kind of offense. Just watch this team try and guard a pick N roll. Just watch this team try to get a defensive rebound. You would think we would have improved by now and "retained" something... anything... 

hogman99

Quote from: revolution on February 09, 2017, 09:42:04 am
If the Hogs had just taken care of business, beating young Miss. State at home, atrocious Missouri on the road and inconsistent Vandy at home, they would be sitting 20-4 and tied for first in the SEC with a 9-2 record!

The mismanagement of this team has been MA's biggest failure!  He told us last year that help was on the way.  He told us this season that now he had enough pieces to play his way!  Now he doesn't know what the answers are.

The answer may be unknown, but one thing has become glaringly apparent - IT ISN'T MIKE ANDERSON!

Wow, that is very telling and does not bode well for CMA coaching.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 09:56:29 am
Funny how you always use the recruiting excuse when it comes time to defend Bret Bielema... ;)

Easier to get 3 to 4 players rather than 20+. There are more top 300 national Basketball recruits from the state than football.

sickboy

This team can play defense. They showed it against Alabama. If they could play consistent defense, they'd be up there with Kentucky and Carolina at the top of the league.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 09, 2017, 11:30:54 am
Oh boy, wait til next year for a walk on point guard!

It won't matter as long as Mike is the coach.
Say what you want but it's a proven fact that his teams are better when he has a true point guard running the show. Hate Mike all you want but facts are facts.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 09, 2017, 11:37:48 am
It is obvious this team is not being taught. Just watch as we try to run what I think is supposed to be some kind of offense. Just watch this team try and guard a pick N roll. Just watch this team try to get a defensive rebound. You would think we would have improved by now and "retained" something... anything...
According to the people inside the program this team and every other team he's had is being taught. A select few just aren't doing what they're taught and it makes the whole team look like they're not doing what they're taught.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 12:30:13 pm
Say what you want but it's a proven fact that his teams are better when he has a true point guard running the show. Hate Mike all you want but facts are facts.

If you are selling a 5'10" walk on PG as the one to save Mike Anderson, you'll need to do better.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 09, 2017, 12:21:43 pm
Easier to get 3 to 4 players rather than 20+. There are more top 300 national Basketball recruits from the state than football.
No excuses. If there can't be any excuses for Mike there shouldn't be any excuses for Bret. I criticize both Mike and Bret when I see something that doesn't look right. The same way I praise Mike and Bret both when I think they're doing a good job or have done a good job at something. The difference is I don't want one gone and not the other. I see a bright future with both of them although the both of them seem stubborn and stuck in their ways at times. I don't show favoritism toward one over the other like some clearly continue to do. And why is that? Because you don't like his style of play? Who cares about style of play and what conference your in. Just find a way to win.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sickboy on February 09, 2017, 12:23:14 pm
This team can play defense. They showed it against Alabama. If they could play consistent defense, they'd be up there with Kentucky and Carolina at the top of the league.
Alabama has the worst ball handlers in the history of ball handlers. They turned the ball over so many times I couldn't count. If you don't turn the ball over against this team your going to score, get fouled or get the offensive rebound, score or get fouled. because we aren't solid in half court defense or we aren't tough enough or aggressive enough to get the rebound.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 09, 2017, 12:38:28 pm
If you are selling a 5'10" walk on PG as the one to save Mike Anderson, you'll need to do better.
Who said anything about saving Mike Anderson? I said it will help Mike Anderson to have a true point guard. It's funny how your so good at twisting words. I can tell your a lawyer. You bend the truth at a real good rate. Question, have you seen this kid play? If not I would hold on to my opinions until I have.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 12:40:34 pm
No excuses. If there can't be any excuses for Mike there shouldn't be any excuses for Bret. I criticize both Mike and Bret when I see something that doesn't look right. The same way I praise Mike and Bret both when I think they're doing a good job or have done a good job at something. The difference is I don't want one gone and not the other. I see a bright future with both of them although the both of them seem stubborn and stuck in their ways at times. I don't show favoritism toward one over the other like some clearly continue to do. And why is that? Because you don't like his style of play? Who cares about style of play and what conference your in. Just find a way to win.

That's not excuses. Thats facts. There are more top ranked recruits in the state in basketball than football. Basketball has what 12 to 15 on the bench. Football has 85 on scholarship plus walkons.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 09, 2017, 12:46:05 pm
Who said anything about saving Mike Anderson? I said it will help Mike Anderson to have a true point guard. It's funny how your so good at twisting words. I can tell your a lawyer. You bend the truth at a real good rate. Question, have you seen this kid play? If not I would hold on to my opinions until I have.

Yes, I have seen him play. But he was a big time scoring guard in high school. Do we know he can run a D-1 offense as strictly a distributing PG? Or will be end up like another Anton Beard.