Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Ingram on Bo's show didn't exactly have MAs back....

Started by hobhog, February 08, 2017, 04:52:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

I was surprised. Isn't he our star recruits AAU coach?

He said players don't seem to know their roles on the team and sees too much individuality. He also mentioned we should be playing for SEC titles every year, not just trying to get in top 4 and qualify for dance. He implied something was amiss on K. Allen recruitment but Monk was never a chance for Hogs regardless of coach.

Then the kicker: when asked what he thought biggest issue with Hogs was right now, he said he was wondering if MA had "lost the team".

I get the feeling he would not be shocked if MA was replaced.

The_Iceman

Not good for the program to hear that. Mike needs to be replaced.

revolution

If Ingram thought we needed to keep Anderson to get the Arkansas recruits, he would have said so!  Very telling!  Almost a signal to the PTB to do what's best for the program and trust that the players will understand and perhaps even embrace change.

WilsonHog

So the chairman of the AAU Hawks said, "There is no reason why Arkansas shouldn't be a Top 25 program every year."

Under Mike, we've been a Top 25 program one time in six years.

That observation by Ingram is subject to sting a bit.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 05:26:42 pm
So the chairman of the AAU Hawks said, "There is no reason why Arkansas shouldn't be a Top 25 program every year."

Under Mike, we've been a Top 25 program one time in six years.

That observation by Ingram is subject to sting a bit.

Truth hurts. 

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on February 08, 2017, 04:52:03 pm

He said players don't seem to know their roles on the team and sees too much individuality. He also mentioned we should be playing for SEC titles every year, not just trying to get in top 4 and qualify for dance. He implied something was amiss on K. Allen recruitment but Monk was never a chance for Hogs regardless of coach.

Then the kicker: when asked what he thought biggest issue with Hogs was right now, he said he was wondering if MA had "lost the team".

Ingram always seems to be straightforward and honest in his assessment.
I don't believe him to be a "yes" man to anything - and he makes no bones about being a Hog fan.
If you listened to him during Kevaughn's recruitment he was critical back then of the effort by MA and his staff / which paled to Donovan's effort.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

revolution

Sounded like to me that the Arkansas recruits want to bring glory back to the HOGS, not necessarily to Mike Anderson!

WPS and start making phone calls to coaches' agents!

ballinhog

Dirty

hoglady

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 04:53:07 pm

Actually I think it's good for the program to hear an honest assessment by Ingram.
At least, you know he's not making excuses for MA and where the program is right now / so I wouldn't expect blowback from him if MA is let go. I'm not saying we'll keep the recruits - I'm just saying we won't lose them due to an AAU coach being angry.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Hobhog - thank you for posting this.
I was out working and when I got back in my car Ingram was just finishing up.
I hated I missed him and was hoping someone had posted what he had to say.

WilsonHog

Here's the truth of it. It's one thing for the bunch of us to type criticisms of MA behind anonymous screen names. If the chairman of the AAU Hawks is willing to say it on radio, you can bet it's being discussed elsewhere.

Kevin

That is all we need is an aau guy thinking he can run the hog program.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2017, 05:45:47 pm

Where are you going with this?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2017, 05:45:47 pm

The way things are now with AAU what we don't need is an AAU guy questioning our coaches coaching and recruiting. I don't like the AAU but they are important now recruiting wise.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pfrg999

Unless CMA has a motorcycle...he will be here a couple more years...I just don't think Jeff Long will pull the trigger..Too many things to go wrong, too much paperwork ;)
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Kevin

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on February 08, 2017, 05:49:14 pm
Where are you going with this?

No real fond of aau coaches and the culture of the aau circuit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2017, 05:57:13 pm

AAU has created a culture of privilege punks. I don't like it at all but you have to play the game.

WilsonHog

While I am no fan of AAU, I also recognize that AAU coaches occupy a trusted position with players and their families, that school coaches may not. As such, those are critical relationships to cultivate and maintain.

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 05:41:40 pm
Here's the truth of it. It's one thing for the bunch of us to type criticisms of MA behind anonymous screen names. If the chairman of the AAU Hawks is willing to say it on radio, you can bet it's being discussed elsewhere.
But remember, the bard of Hogville has already declared that these players will only play for Anderson.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Karma on February 08, 2017, 06:13:24 pm
But remember, the bard of Hogville has already declared that these players will only play for Anderson.

I may be completely missing the boat here, but my bet is that players will ultimately play for the coach who they believe will get them exposure and develop their game for the next level.

That ain't Mike Anderson.

hobhog

He didn't sound like he had an agenda to me. Just sounded like another frustrated Hog fan.....

rude1

AAU representatives have become arrogant jerks who are deluded on the belief of the importance they represent to college basketball.

hoglady

Quote from: rude1 on February 08, 2017, 06:23:30 pm
AAU representatives have become arrogant jerks who are deluded on the belief of the importance they represent to college basketball.

All AAU coaches are not the same.
I've known many of them over the years who coached for no other reason than to help these kids.

revolution

If Ingram had said, "These high school players are looking forward to playing for Mike Anderson and believe he is the man to lead the Hogs back to national prominence," that would have been huge for MA.

However, what happened was something quite different.  I heard the interview, and my assessment was that Ingram was signaling the fanbase (and the PTB?) that he (and those associated with him?) believe change could very well be warranted. 

These kids and those that support them (parents, coaches, etc.) want what's in the kids' best interest.  Why wouldn't they?  What's wrong with that?

Sometimes what a prospective player wants and what is in the best interest of the Hogs may not be agreeable (Monk, Goodwin).  But this may be the case when all the compelling interests line up in the same direction - GET A COMPETENT COACH ON THE HILL WHO CAN BRING THE HOGS BACK TO NATIONAL COMPETITIVENESS!

MemphisBossHog

so according to this guy (Im sorry, I dont know who he is.  I dont hear about him much over here in Memphis), Monk was always  going to KY no matter who was coaching at ARK??   Would this be because KY and World Wide Wes were going to take care of Marcus so the Hog coach wouldnt matter OR did Malik Monk just not like ARK and wanted to go to KY just cause he didnt like the Hogs and wanted to play for KY? 

My point is that if MM went to KY because he wanted them to take care of Marcus, although I hate it, I understand it and its better than if MM just simply didnt want to go to ARK no matter who was coaching them.   THAT would mean that MM didnt like the Hog program---maybe he felt it wasnt "bigtime" enough for his talent.  I would hate that more because I would at least like to think if there is another 5 star player from the state of Arkansas, at least he might give us a look. 

I would say what Ingram has to say is interesting because he knows what is going on and most likely he knows exactly why Allen went to FLA and MM went to KY.  I would be "in the know" so to speak. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hoglady on February 08, 2017, 05:28:40 pm
Ingram always seems to be straightforward and honest in his assessment.
I don't believe him to be a "yes" man to anything - and he makes no bones about being a Hog fan.
If you listened to him during Kevaughn's recruitment he was critical back then of the effort by MA and his staff / which paled to Donovan's effort.
so someone who would know how things were going at the time basically said that Billy Donovan and his staff "outworked" Mike and his staff in the recruitment of KAllen?  Is that simplifying it too much?   If that is true, that is atrocious.   There should be no way ANY staff should be able to out work or make a better effort to recruit a player from the state of Arkansas than the staff from Fayetteville.  Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program in one year, Mike lost a 4 star and a 5 star recruit both from in state. If the 5star recruit went somewhere else because of some extracurricular benefits, well then so be it, but if the 4 star recruit went elsewhere because Mike's staff's effort PALED in comparison to BDonovan, there is no excuse for it.  Just no excuse.  And Donovan has 2 NCs and still outworked--gave more effort than Mike and his guys. 

Its like Mike sat back and figured Allen would stay in state especially since MM wasnt going there to take away his limelight.  That is just lazy and incompetent if true.

Ironhawg

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 08, 2017, 06:48:25 pm
so someone who would know how things were going at the time basically said that Billy Donovan and his staff "outworked" Mike and his staff in the recruitment of KAllen?  Is that simplifying it too much?   If that is true, that is atrocious.   There should be no way ANY staff should be able to out work or make a better effort to recruit a player from the state of Arkansas than the staff from Fayetteville.  Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program in one year, Mike lost a 4 star and a 5 star recruit both from in state. If the 5star recruit went somewhere else because of some extracurricular benefits, well then so be it, but if the 4 star recruit went elsewhere because Mike's staff's effort PALED in comparison to BDonovan, there is no excuse for it.  Just no excuse.  And Donovan has 2 NCs and still outworked--gave more effort than Mike and his guys. 

Its like Mike sat back and figured Allen would stay in state especially since MM wasnt going there to take away his limelight.  That is just lazy and incompetent if true.

Just imagine the difference KA could have made with this team.

revolution

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 08, 2017, 07:16:17 pm

Just imagine the difference KA could have made with this team.

Sadly, just a little.  Another combo guard who wouldn't be able to do what he does at another school because our coach can't prepare a competent offensive strategy. 

No disrespect to KA meant.  Just don't think we win that many more games with him as long as MA is at the helm - maybe one more, beat Missouri?

MA is not one good player away from the tournament.  He's one elite player away (Portis), and even then, winning one game against a lowly 12 seed was the best he could do.  No, I wasn't so much expecting them to beat NC, but if that team had taken care of business, their seed would have been higher and then they wouldn't have faced the Tar Heels in the second round.

MA with KA might, might squeeze into the tournament.  But the season would still end with Hog fans wondering what could have been. 

There is enough talent on this team to make the tournament.  But the coaching, development, strategy, leadership is not equal to the talent.

Otis

Not one coach showed up to any of the high school championship games in hot springs last year. That told me all I needed to know.

hoglady

so someone who would know how things were going at the time basically said that Billy Donovan and his staff "outworked" Mike and his staff in the recruitment of KAllen?  Is that simplifying it too much?

That's pretty much it.
Ingram used to be a regular guest on Wes Moore and Michael Smith's call in show. He talked about KA all the time back then. I remember when Donovan and the entire Florida staff went to NLR high school to see Allen. Ingram talked about it a lot - I don't think the entire Arkansas staff ever did that. 
Anderson's in state recruiting has improved dramatically with this years incoming class and the 2018 class.

Alphaman1906

I just talked to Bill and he wants to clear a few things up, first he said that he never said that Coach has lost this team, he said that people may feel that way because of the way the team is playing. He also says the he supports Coach Anderson 100% and that all sickness isn't death. He said that he does feel that the basketball should compete for championships every year but so should the football team. #WPS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hoglady on February 08, 2017, 08:06:03 pm
That's pretty much it.
Ingram used to be a regular guest on Wes Moore and Michael Smith's call in show. He talked about KA all the time back then. I remember when Donovan and the entire Florida staff went to NLR high school to see Allen. Ingram talked about it a lot - I don't think the entire Arkansas staff ever did that. 
Anderson's in state recruiting has improved dramatically with this years incoming class and the 2018 class.

KA didn't play for Bill Ingram and isn't connected to Bill Ingram. Period!! Team Penny representative don't deal with Arkansas Hawks. Bill said so himself that he wasn't involved with KA recruitment.

hobhog

Quote from: Alphaman1906 on February 08, 2017, 09:18:20 pm
I just talked to Bill and he wants to clear a few things up, first he said that he never said that Coach has lost this team, he said that people may feel that way because of the way the team is playing. He also says the he supports Coach Anderson 100% and that all sickness isn't death. He said that he does feel that the basketball should compete for championships every year but so should the football team. #WPS
Certainly not how he came across. He never once said he supported MA and DID say losing the team was a concern when Bo asked him what he thought the biggest issue was.

But he just sounded like a concerned fan, not out to bash MA. It just sounded like he thought things should certainly be better. Bo needs to have him back if he needs to clarify.

Letsroll1200

Bill definitely didn't come across as bashing Mike.

revolution

Ingram wants to clear things up, so rather than saying what he means on statewide radio today, he sends his message through anonymous message board poster.

Mmmkay! I'll go with that?

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:50:41 pm
Bill definitely didn't come across as bashing Mike.

He did not. But the lack of stated support stood out to me.

Slater

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 04:53:07 pm

Shocker that you would say that, the lol is the guy that replaces him will not have as good a resume as Mike, but as long as it's not Mike some will be happy
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:19:49 pm
KA didn't play for Bill Ingram and isn't connected to Bill Ingram. Period!! Team Penny representative don't deal with Arkansas Hawks. Bill said so himself that he wasn't involved with KA recruitment.
Ingram strikes me as a guy who wants to pretend to be in the know, and when he doesn't know, he just says something so people can believe he is connected. I knew when KA was a sophomore or junior he was planing to leave the state. It was known in the AAU circles that far back. He had already decided he wanted to leave the state to play college ball, it was nothing against the program, it was just his personal desire, no different than thousands of other college students who leave their state to attend college. He hadn't decided on a program but Arkansas was never going to be in play. Of course as a staff you hope to change his mind, but how much time do you spend on what is more than likely a lost cause? The staff is atrocious at recruiting but KA was one no Hog coach was going to land.

hobhog

Quote from: Slater on February 08, 2017, 10:25:43 pm
Shocker that you would say that, the lol is the guy that replaces him will not have as good a resume as Mike, but as long as it's not Mike some will be happy

How in the world would you know that? MA's resume not that strong. Bet most of his peers in SEC have as strong or trending stronger. Crazy talk.

hulk hog

Almost as big a shocker as assuming we can't hire anyone better, will not be able to recruit any instate kids the next two years and will become a complete wasteland for 6 more years if we fire Mike , all which I repeatedly see on this message board. There is nothing hanging over this program today that would keep us from making a solid hire, keeping these recruits and getting back to a top 20 program.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hoglady

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:19:49 pm

I never said KA played for Ingram - I was repeating what he said on the radio.

lutherheggs

I think it is obvious that MA has lost the team. They apparently do not have confidence in his coaching leadership and may not even have respect for him. I wonder if they like him at all.

(notOM)Rebel123

Are you speaking of Mike's resume while at Arkansas? Won't be hard to find someone who can match 1 NCAA in 6 years.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

NWAHog479

Don't put words in Bill Ingram's mouth, guy has tremendous respect for Mike and the program. Like all of us he just wants to see the program be where it SHOULD be. Unfortunately it is not, but TRUST THE PROCESS.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: rude1 on February 08, 2017, 10:33:46 pm
Ingram strikes me as a guy who wants to pretend to be in the know, and when he doesn't know, he just says something so people can believe he is connected. I knew when KA was a sophomore or junior he was planing to leave the state. It was known in the AAU circles that far back. He had already decided he wanted to leave the state to play college ball, it was nothing against the program, it was just his personal desire, no different than thousands of other college students who leave their state to attend college. He hadn't decided on a program but Arkansas was never going to be in play. Of course as a staff you hope to change his mind, but how much time do you spend on what is more than likely a lost cause? The staff is atrocious at recruiting but KA was one no Hog coach was going to land.

Trust me, he's connected. Having said that, the rest of what you posted about KA is true. As for MM, Bill was spot on. That deal was about as dirty as it gets. Just awful. I respect Bill for speaking his mind. What he said on Bo's show yesterday was the same he told me in our conversation earlier in the day regarding the state of these Hogs. He's a Razorback supporter first and foremost, so he's not beholden to a coach.

I don't 100% agree with everything Bill says, but I'm usually about 98% on the same page. We're same-aged basketball junkies from LR, so that's probably why.

Biggus Piggus

Let's try evaluating Ingram's message instead of trying to deflect it with bull.
[CENSORED]!

LRHawg

I believe with the right hire, we have time to show the upcoming recruiting classes in '18 and '19 we mean business and convince them to stay.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2017, 05:57:13 pm

AAU is a cesspool. But unfortunately you have to deal with them now. Ask anyone in the Kansas City area about the recruitment of JaRon and Kareem Rush and their involvement with Tom Grant and Myron Piggie.

https://www.campuspressbox.com/2016/jaron-rushs-story-cant-be-told-without-tom-grant-and-myron-piggie/
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022