Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today alone

Started by cityhog, February 08, 2017, 03:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

I've talked to 2 season ticket holders since Barnhill days. One is a major donor. Both said they are not renewing tickets next year and when I asked the major donor if they went to the game last night, the response was, how can I put this, terse. Donor simply said 'I'm done'.

1highhog

I didn't attend last nights game, the Mizzou game was a nightmare and put a nail in the coffin for this team going to the NCAA Tournament.  Why anyone else thinks they're going is ludicrous.

Next1_04

Quote from: cityhog on February 08, 2017, 03:00:42 pm
I've talked to 2 season ticket holders since Barnhill days. One is a major donor. Both said they are not renewing tickets next year and when I asked the major donor if they went to the game last night, the response was, how can I put this, terse. Donor simply said 'I'm done'.

I must say that is a mighty cool story.  8)

The_Iceman

Add my father to the list. Tickets since Barnhill days. My uncle cancelled his 4 last season. After last night, my father is doing the same. 4th row tickets. Unless a coaching change is made, he is DONE!

Next1_04

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 03:10:25 pm
Add my father to the list. Tickets since Barnhill days. My uncle cancelled his 4 last season. After last night, my father is doing the same. 4th row tickets. Unless a coaching change is made, he is DONE!

Don't cancel them! I'll gladly give you my address and if what you say is true and they could careless about those 4th row tickets, they will have zero issues giving them away if a coaching change isn't done. So let this post be known posters, if MA is coach next year, I should be getting 4th row tickets for free, unless what is said here is B.S.

Boog41

How much $$ roughly does one have to donate to be considered a major donor?

GoPigs69

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 08, 2017, 03:19:22 pm
Don't cancel them! I'll gladly give you my address and if what you say is true and they could careless about those 4th row tickets, they will have zero issues giving them away if a coaching change isn't done. So let this post be known posters, if MA is coach next year, I should be getting 4th row tickets for free, unless what is said here is B.S.

Why in the world would you want them?  You must truly be a glutton for punishment...

hogcam

Uh he never said he would pay for them and give them to someone else. He said he was going to cancel them so he would not have to pay for them anymore.

Next1_04

Quote from: GoPigs69 on February 08, 2017, 03:21:29 pm
Why in the world would you want them?  You must truly be a glutton for punishment...

Risk vs Reward. Get free tix, we start winning ill sell them for profit, we don't start winning, they were free didn't lose anything.

Next1_04

Quote from: hogcam on February 08, 2017, 03:23:53 pm
Uh he never said he would pay for them and give them to someone else. He said he was going to cancel them so he would not have to pay for them anymore.

If he's THAT unhappy why not just give them away?

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogcam on February 08, 2017, 03:23:53 pm

Yeah, why would he keep paying for them and give them away? That's silly logic there.

Gonzo

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 08, 2017, 03:25:46 pm

If you're that happy with the program and eager to get his tickets, why not just offer to pay him for them?

Go Hogs!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Gonzo on February 08, 2017, 03:32:11 pm

If you're that happy with the program and eager to get his tickets, why not just offer to pay him for them?

Go Hogs!

Gotta include the foundation contributions as well.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 08, 2017, 03:25:46 pm
I absolutely loathe this mindset.  They are his tickets, not yours.  It's his money, not yours.  Mike supporters have just lost their minds lately.  They can't defend the team's play, so they find different ways to be a-holes.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 08, 2017, 03:40:04 pm
I absolutely loathe this mindset.  They are his tickets, not yours.  It's his money, not yours.  Mike supporters have just lost their minds lately.  They can't defend the team's play, so they find different ways to be a-holes.

Well, if they still support Mike, they explains their lack of logic.

cityhog

Quote from: Boog41 on February 08, 2017, 03:19:33 pm

# + 5 zero's

hobhog

Two of the most positive and optimistic Hog fans I know quit washing basketball games. I would have never guessed that would happen.

Boog41

February 08, 2017, 04:24:27 pm #17 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:34:32 pm by Boog41

grayhawg

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 08, 2017, 03:05:57 pm
I must say that is a mighty cool story.  8)
Worked to rid us of Pelphrey.

Wild Bill Hog

Offering nothing for something in return - following Mike Anderson's example very well aren't you?

Boog41

cityhog

Biggus Piggus

Dad was a Super Hog donor, having built his status since the 1970s, but got disgusted with watching too many ugly home football and basketball games a couple years ago and dropped it. This phenomenon didn't start yesterday.
[CENSORED]!

cityhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 02:06:53 pm
Dad was a Super Hog donor, having built his status since the 1970s, but got disgusted with watching too many ugly home football and basketball games a couple years ago and dropped it. This phenomenon didn't start yesterday.

nope, but just pointing out that while the philanthropic well in AR is deep, it is not necessarily wide. You can only lose so many of these type folks before it starts to hurt the bottom line.

RazorPiggie

Major Donor would be Broyles-Matthews Gold and up.

Boog41

Quote from: cityhog on February 09, 2017, 02:09:16 pm
nope, but just pointing out that while the philanthropic well in AR is deep, it is not necessarily wide. You can only lose so many of these type folks before it starts to hurt the bottom line.

As of last spring, there were only around 110 people who gave more than $20K/yr..... I'd guess maybe 20 of those give more than $100,000 as your friend did. So yeah, that's gonna sting.

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 09, 2017, 02:16:23 pm
Major Donor would be Broyles-Matthews Gold and up.

There are about 400 major donors then.

ricepig

Arm and a leg?

ricepig

So, I assume they had "Gucci row seats"? They are only $12,500/seat a year, so   there should be some opening up. And is that $100,000 to the basketball program, or total RF donation.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hobhog on February 08, 2017, 04:23:34 pm
Two of the most positive and optimistic Hog fans I know quit washing basketball games. I would have never guessed that would happen.
Once you stop washing your balls, you have truly given up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/