Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Telling Tweets from Jimmy Carter and Mattingly

Started by WilsonHog, February 07, 2017, 09:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bhogs05

Im sure these recruits would like to make an Ncaa tourney apperance so im sure a new coach would excite them.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

elksnort

People need to wish for what's best for Razorback basketball that's what you need to wish for

hogwood

Even Zimmerman said that "we've never played this bad before. Our guys are really out of sorts." That's when I knew it was over.

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:38:18 pm
So if BO and Jimmy say it,it must be true. i hope Jeff Long stands strong,and will not fire Mike.and until Mike is fired,i will support him as Hogs head coach.
Hopefully your support ends at seasons end, when he is fired.

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:10:35 pm
Failures don't make over 2 million a year.bet you wish you were that kind of failure.Mike does not care what you think.

I'm almost certain that if Mike came over to your house and announced he wanted to screw your wife, you'd ask for permission to watch.

maxhog5

Arguing with Joe or LetsRoll is a senseless exercise.  Logic plays no factor in the debate.  It is the same as the time my 3 year old nephew had filled his squirt gun with kool aid.  Even though my sister could see the kool aid in the gun, he kept insisting it was water.   

Captain Morgan

Failures don't make over 2 million a year.bet you wish you were that kind of failure.Mike does not care what you think.
Mike should care what fans think. They pay his salary from alumni and boosters

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:56:00 pm
Yea a vandy team that has beat both Florida and Iowa state.and should have beat us the first time.Vandy is a good team. and your name calling don't move me one bit.people like you are part of the problem. hope Jeff Long stands strong.and tell folks like you to kick rocks.
[/quote

Somebody needs to call assistance before this gets ugly....

Hogginintheville

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:58:31 pm
Let me try again. nationally nobody cares.sorry but it's true.

That is the problem. And if Mike hasn't been able to by now he isn't going to. Presidents get four years senators get 6 to fix darn. But if in your mind basketball coaches need more time with less problems then you are just a huge dumb ass that can't be helped.

Atlhogfan1

Worst defensive effort from an Arkansas team I can remember.   Standing and watching multiple Vandy players stand open on perimeter or drive around and through them. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2017, 10:17:48 pm
Worst defensive effort from an Arkansas team I can remember.   Standing and watching multiple Vandy players stand open on perimeter or drive around and through them.

Playing defense takes energy needed for one-on-one moves on the other end of the floor.

jkstock04

Quote from: Wildhog on February 07, 2017, 10:03:10 pm
Joe- Please explain why you think Mike's job shouldn't be in jeopardy.
I'll bite...devils advocate. Let's use the same excuses we hear in other sports. Because he's a nice guy with good kids. They go to class and graduate. "He took over a dumpster fire."'

Basketball program is still one of the most profitable in the country. This year we sold out over 13k seats. "Who else are you going to get"

I'll tell you what's really hilarious one way to look at it....Mike Anderson just got paid about $70k to coach that game. lol that's one hell of a day at the office.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:07:37 pm
Because he took over a mess left by Pel.hell Jeff Long even said that he did not even count the first 2 years. and he has some great recruiting classes lined up that will be gone if Long fires him. not the time to listen to the naysayers.
If it's about the players Joe, explain losing to Mo. and losing at home to a Vandy team without their leading scorer? Our problems aren't talent related, it's the guy sitting on the bench who obviously doesn't know how to get the most out of these players.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:58:31 pm
Let me try again. nationally nobody cares.sorry but it's true.
correct Mike Anderson has failed to even make Arkansas Relevant in 6 years! Time to go. Knew you would come around and support the hogs instead of a head coach.

forrest city joe

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 07, 2017, 10:19:37 pm
correct Mike Anderson has failed to even make Arkansas Relevant in 6 years! Time to go. Knew you would come around and support the hogs instead of a head coach.
Nope.sorry but Nope.

bkjbearcat

Yea a vandy team that has beat both Florida and Iowa state.and should have beat us the first time.Vandy is a good team. and your name calling don't move me one bit.people like you are part of the problem. hope Jeff Long stands strong.and tell folks like you to kick rocks.

Another cuck.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hogs958

what geat recruiting classes? They're ok. He's had decent classes and we've been mediocre. Maybe he'll say the first 6 years didn't count after this season.

porkinsons disease

Because he took over a mess left by Pel.hell Jeff Long even said that he did not even count the first 2 years. and he has some great recruiting classes lined up that will be gone if Long fires him. not the time to listen to the naysayers.
Since when is the 28th ranked recruiting class great? Of course, it is a giant step up from what we have been getting
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

mjsphd

Did anyone mention that this 11-12 Vandy team played without their best player tonight?

Inhogswetrust

Since when is an 11-12 team a GOOD team. They are average and we NOW have gotten spanked by one bad team and one average team. Your loyalty is commendable BUT badly misplaced. You should be worried about the program and not any one coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

swineology

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 09:28:42 pm
"Vanderbilt beats Arkansas 72-59. Back-to-back brutal losses for the cratering Razorbacks. Hostile vibe in BWA tonight from fed-up fans." - Jimmy Carter

"Back to back bad losses for Ark validates questions that have been swirling about Mike Anderson's future. NCAA-T feeling like a must for him." - Bo Mattingly

Neither have played 10 minutes of regulation of HS or College BB

They're nothing but talking heads, That are oblivious to the game.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 10:21:41 pm
what grest recruiting classes? They're ok. He's had decent classes and we've been mediocre. Maybe he'll say the first 6 years didn't count after this season.

There isn't a 5 anywhere in the next two classes. A bunch of fours with MA isn't getting them back to the final four.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HogsonHicks

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:14:08 pm
I'm almost certain that if Mike came over to your house and announced he wanted to screw your wife, you'd ask for permission to watch.

Quality post.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:14:08 pm
I thought you only cared about players getting good grades,and staying out of trouble? and here you are foaming at the mouth for Mike to be fired. his kids are getting good grades.and staying out of trouble for the most part. make up your mind.

Sivad

jkstock04

Quote from: rude1 on February 07, 2017, 10:19:21 pm
If it's about the players Joe, explain losing to Mo. and losing at home to a Vandy team without their leading scorer? Our problems aren't talent related, it's the guy sitting on the bench who obviously doesn't know how to get the most out of these players.
I don't know...watching this team I get the feeling that as far as actual basketball skills (I know, shocking concept) we don't have a player on this team who could hold the jock of any one guy who played for us in the 90s.

I have no doubt the coaching is average (at best) as well.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:28:20 pm
I thought you only cared about players getting good grades,and staying out of trouble? and here you are foaming at the mouth for Mike to be fired. his kids are getting good grades.and staying out of trouble for the most part. make up your mind.

There comes a time, after your program is built, when you have to win or move over for the next guy.

That time is nigh.

The brutal truth of it is that if his name wasn't "Mike Anderson," his firing would be a foregone conclusion.

elksnort

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 07, 2017, 10:19:13 pm
I'll bite...devils advocate. Let's use the same excuses we hear in other sports. Because he's a nice guy with good kids. They go to class and graduate. "He took over a dumpster fire."'

Basketball program is still one of the most profitable in the country. This year we sold out over 13k seats. "Who else are you going to get"

I'll tell you what's really hilarious one way to look at it....Mike Anderson just got paid about $70k to coach that game. lol that's one hell of a day at the office.
that particular number really bums me out

hobhog

Media members not dancing around elephant in room anymore.

The Pocahontas Porker

I would almost bet my right testic** that mike can take 3 four stars an 2 five star recruits an by the time there done with their freshmen year of B-ball they will be 2 three stars , 2  four stars an 1 that transferred.    He does  "LESS" with  more .    Its amazing everyone can see it except a few who stand to ignore it.. I even seen where Ray Charles posted he couldn't believe what he has seen lately with this team...Its getting bad for everyone involved..
The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

LRHawg

You guys have got to stop feeding the Forest City Troll.

Knot2brite

So as long as they stay out of trouble and make good grades they can play like darn and not play for championships? Now I understand you probably didn't say that...but just so we get real honest here...I want them to stay out of trouble , make good grades, win ball games, win championships , help old ladies cross the street, and sing in the church choir.....mostly win ball game and win championships....helping old ladies and church choirs are negotiable ...the rest ain't
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Inhogswetrust

Those things are important BUT wins are usually the most important.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogsonHicks

One NCAA tourney bid in 6 years, and mediocre at best behavior off the court (yes, we had three players arrested for counterfeit bills, among other things).

There's not a reasonable and sane rationale behind your continued support for Anderson.  It's blind allegiance only.

I like the man personally, but our state, our university, and our basketball program deserves better.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:30:23 pm
There comes a time, after your program is built, when you have to win or move over for the next guy.

That time is nigh.

The brutal truth of it is that if his name wasn't "Mike Anderson," his firing would be a foregone conclusion.
You did not answer the question.which is it?

Jim Harris

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 07, 2017, 09:47:52 pm
I believe Long will give him 1 more make-or-break season. Hope I'm wrong.

and then one more after that for that All-AAU Hawks team that is coming in two years?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hobhog

Inhogswetrust

A lot of failures have made big money. Pay is not always a direct relationship to performance.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: LRHawg on February 07, 2017, 10:32:28 pm
You guys have got to stop feeding the Forest City Troll.
Problem is had these Anderson cult members not show up, it would be simple. We would all agree that Mike should be fired today and TJ Cleveland should be the interim.

After that Jump Ball would be crickets.

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:32:49 pm
So as long as they stay out of trouble and make good grades they can play like darn and not play for championships? Now I understand you probably didn't say that...but just so we get real honest here...I want them to stay out of trouble , make good grades, win ball games, win championships , help old ladies cross the street, and sing in the church choir.....mostly win ball game and win championships....helping old ladies and church choirs are negotiable ...the rest ain't

they can only do that if coached by Mike Anderson, anyone else and these guys would have stormed the school demanding they be fired. Well, not really since they are fake.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:32:49 pm
Don't kid yourself...the culture of Razorback athletics has changed to one of acedemics, old ladies, and church choirs holding higher standing than winning ball games.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yea a vandy team that has beat both Florida and Iowa state.and should have beat us the first time.Vandy is a good team. and your name calling don't move me one bit.people like you are part of the problem.hope Jeff Long stands strong.and tell folks like you to kick rocks.

So....the fans are part of the problem ???  I don't remember seeing many fans out there playing on the court, letting Vandy beat us like a drum ??  Also, don't remember seeing fans sitting on our bench, coaching our players ? The fans are not happy about what they're seeing on the basketball court.....& who, with common sense, can blame them ?

Vandy is a good team ???  Vandy's record coming into tonight's game was 11-12.......& 4-6 for the conference. That's a good team ?? 

Long should tell Mike.... "to go kick rocks".
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:34:19 pm
You did not answer the question.which is it?

The answer is that it's not a "which," it's a both. Let me break this down for you.

The good stuff Mike is doing off the floor...that's expected from Day One.

The wins are expected once he gets his program established, and in Year Six we have not seen enough of those.

Not "which;" both. I just give more latitude on the second part of the equation than the first.

Now go get someone to explain to you what I just typed.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 09:45:08 pm
It has nothing to do with being true, you half-wit. Coming off the loss to Mizzou, what happened tonight - a 24-pt. deficit to an 11-12 Vandy team that hadn't won at BWA since 2010, "violent" booing, national media laughing at us, and local media tweeting about the ramifications of it - those are all signs that will start to snowball.

And the potential of a class two years from campus won't stem that tide.

A potential class is just that. It's nothing more than a hope they WILL sign. A LOT can happen to change their minds in a year or two.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 07, 2017, 10:36:17 pm
Problem is had these Anderson cult members not show up, it would be simple. We would all agree that Mike should be fired today and TJ Cleveland should be the interim.

After that Jump Ball would be crickets.
No we don't all agree. and that's what you fire Anderson guys have a problem with.Mike should not be fired in my opinion.

HogBreath

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 07, 2017, 10:23:52 pm
Since when is the 28th ranked recruiting class great? Of course, it is a giant step up from what we have been getting
Way better than the one a year or so ago where he ended up with no players.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hobhog

This is the worst stretch of Razorback Basketball in 30 years. I think MA is done.

Inhogswetrust

Nobody has any idea IF recruits will decommit if there is a coaching change or recommit to any potential new coach.

Sivad

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:38:04 pm
The good stuff Mike is doing off the floor...that's expected
Excluding his players' counterfeiting ring of course.