Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Telling Tweets from Jimmy Carter and Mattingly

Started by WilsonHog, February 07, 2017, 09:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 08, 2017, 01:47:44 am
What mess was there when Mike took over? I must've missed it.
He did not come into one but he is sure going to leave one.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

No way...sunshine rick??

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 07, 2017, 09:38:24 pm
Dead on.  I remember when I heard Rick Schaffer say Danny Ford has lost the locker room on a broadcast.  I turned to the person next to me and said, we will have a new football coach next year.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Isn't every team that beats us a "good team" to you?

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:56:00 pm
Yea a vandy team that has beat both Florida and Iowa state.and should have beat us the first time.Vandy is a good team. and your name calling don't move me one bit.people like you are part of the problem. hope Jeff Long stands strong.and tell folks like you to kick rocks.

GoHogs#1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:42:49 pm
What you just typed still did not answer the question.remember what you posted when CBP was fired? and after the football lost to Mizzo this year. after saying for years that as long as our players get good grades and stay out of trouble,you were fine?

Remember when you was rooting for Pel to be fired and you said "It does not take 3 years to rebuild a basketball program"
Go Hogs

3kgthog

If Jeff doesn't want to see season ticket renewals drop off a cliff for 2017-18, he'd better make a change. There are more entertaining options that fans could spend their money on.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

It does at Arkansas sports programs..

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:10:35 pm
Failures don't make over 2 million a year.bet you wish you were that kind of failure.Mike does not care what you think.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

If Obama is to be believed..it took him 8 years to clean up Bush's mess...maybe it is the same amount of time for MA?

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 08, 2017, 01:47:44 am
What mess was there when Mike took over? I must've missed it.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

BOOM. *MIC DROP

Quote from: GoHogs#1 on February 08, 2017, 02:24:55 am
Remember when you was rooting for Pel to be fired and you said "It does not take 3 years to rebuild a basketball program"

code red

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:38:18 pm
So if BO and Jimmy say it,it must be true. i hope Jeff Long stands strong,and will not fire Mike.and until Mike is fired,i will support him as Hogs head coach.
Well idk what to say about that....Supporting a loser is futile.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Sivad

Pork Twain

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:07:37 pm
Because he took over a mess left by Pel.hell Jeff Long even said that he did not even count the first 2 years. and he has some great recruiting classes lined up that will be gone if Long fires him. not the time to listen to the naysayers.
There was no mess left by Pel, Mike is killing the joy to watch basketball in this state
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: elksnort on February 07, 2017, 10:13:34 pm
People need to wish for what's best for Razorback basketball that's what you need to wish for
I know I am.  I wish MA would be shown the door and we would get a real coach
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

southeasthog

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 08, 2017, 02:38:28 am
BOOM. *MIC DROP

How is it that you have been a member for 6 years and still don't know how to use the quote feature properly?

rude1

February 08, 2017, 06:00:15 am #163 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:10:19 am by rude1
Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:51:09 pm
Give these .... what they want!! Fire Mike Anderson and this program is going back to Pelphrey days. Bank on it!!
Seriously? Explain to me what's so different now than the Pelphrey days? We weren't making the tourney then and we aren't making the tourney now. In fact the situations are about equal, the Pel lovers wanted to keep him because of recruits, the Anderson lovers want to keep him because of recruits. Neither earned their right to stay at the program by winning!!!!!!

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:38:57 pm
No we don't all agree. and that's what you fire Anderson guys have a problem with.Mike should not be fired in my opinion.

No the difference is you have an opinion and the people wanting change use facts.

The_Iceman

lefty08

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 08, 2017, 05:06:11 am
There was no mess left by Pel, Mike is killing the joy to watch basketball in this state

First part is crazy, second part is accurate
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Brandon72

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:57:24 pm
Hate to break this to you.but the national media does not care about Arkansas one way or the other. so don't sweat it.

I finally can agree with you!   And the reason they don't care is because we are irrelevant.   And the fact that you find this fact as a positive rebuttal, to a sarcastic comment, is sad.

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 06:17:48 am
FIRE MIKE ANDERSON!!!

Stop it!!!

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2013, 09:17:22 am
I just imagine him sitting in his recliner with his laptop getting great joy out of bashing Mike Anderson every chance he gets. It is a lot easier to be that guy because if things turn around and go well, you're happy because your program is winning. If Mike fails, you get to go on a message board and claim "I was right! Look at me!"
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 08, 2017, 06:58:28 am
Stop it!!!

First, wow...going all the way back to 2013 for that quote. How many years had Mike Anderson been coach at that time?

Second, this just shows that I was a Mike Anderson supporter at one time. I haven't hated him from the beginning. I honestly don't hate him personally. I just hate his performance as Razorback head coach. And my love for the program will no longer allow me to sit back and watch Mike run us into the ditch.

And I don't enjoy this. I want Mike Anderson to succeed. I want to be an NCAA Tournament team. But he is DONE.

WilsonHog

February 08, 2017, 07:16:01 am #170 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:43:46 am by WilsonHog
Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:45:09 pm
This is the type of hate that Bret does not get!! Mike is a failure!! Mike is not a failure. The man has been successful his whole life but his ball club is not playing well. The personal attack against a man that has represented this school well and took over a job nobody else of his caliber was willing to take.

You are right. I spoke too harshly in that post.

I agree that Mike is a good man. I agree that his players' conduct off the floor is generally good. I agree that going to class has become an expectation.

All of those positives will not save a coach whose teams aren't performing on the floor.

By all accounts, Mike loves NW Arkansas and enjoys living there. That's good. Maybe there is an administrative role available for him.

nearhogfan

Think about it this way:  We are quickly becoming a bad loss for Tennessee's tournament hopes.  That's not Arkansas basketball!

RacinRazorback

I was a CMA fan when he was hired, thought he might be the man to bring us back, even though I personally thought Buzz Williams would've been a better choice. 6 years into it, we should all realize CMA ain't gonna make it happen here! It looks to me he has lost this team! Never in all my years attending BWA did I ever think I would see our Razorbacks get booed! CMA's style just isn't working anymore, it's outdated and the ironic thing is he refuses to coach any differently when it is blowing up in his face! For us to make the NCAA this year all we had to do was beat Mizzou and take care of Vandy at home, basically win the games you are SUPPOSE to win, then a FL loss and a SC loss would be tolerable. We couldn't even take care of the bottom dwellers in a weak conference! It's time for a change before this gets even worse! Hog fans are passionate but this crap has got to stop before there is no fan base. Sad days to be a hog fan for sure, thanks Mike!

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 07:11:23 am
First, wow...going all the way back to 2013 for that quote. How many years had Mike Anderson been coach at that time?

Second, this just shows that I was a Mike Anderson supporter at one time. I haven't hated him from the beginning. I honestly don't hate him personally. I just hate his performance as Razorback head coach. And my love for the program will no longer allow me to sit back and watch Mike run us into the ditch.

And I don't enjoy this. I want Mike Anderson to succeed. I want to be an NCAA Tournament team. But he is DONE.

I know. I was just giving you a hard time. It also goes against those that say everyone wanting him fired did so from the first day.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pork Twain

Quote from: lefty08 on February 08, 2017, 06:54:40 am
First part is crazy, second part is accurate
I was following basketball pretty closely but do not remember him leaving a mess for MA, please tell me all about how bad it was when MA arrived.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2017, 07:11:23 am

This is what many do not get.  I wanted and want Mike to win them all and be untouchable, but that has not even been close to the case and we are still floundering in year six.  It does not take 7 years to turn a basketball team around.  Time to move on

lefty08

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 08, 2017, 07:33:23 am
I was following basketball pretty closely but do not remember him leaving a mess for MA, please tell me all about how bad it was when MA arrived.

Well, for starters, we were in deep with the API
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Letsroll1200

Just my observation of this team this season.

1. The guys in the locker room do not like each other. It's every man for himself when they step out on the court because they do not play as a team on offense or defense. Guys seem more concerned with their boxscore than winning basketball games.

2. It's not Mike personality but sometime you have to go off. When Vanderbilt hit their first 3 pointer I would have called a timeout to send a message. When your team comes out flat you have to find the pieces that want to play winning basketball.

3. We have to win 6 of our next 7 games. It's doable but its certainly not proable. Mike has to finish this season strong in order to get some momentum going into next season. We might have to win the NIT championship to get some folks off his back.

4. It's not time to fire Mike Anderson. The play of this team is for lack of a better word is "bad". Fans have a right to be upset about how this team comes off starting games. Moses Kingsley shouldn't be allowed to wear a Razorback uniform with his lack of effort. He has lost alot of good will with me as a Razorback because I'm not seeing the effort on the court. Mike the ball is in your court.The number seven is the number of completion. You have seven games to try to figure things out and get the MOB off your back. I think the best thing for the Razorbacks is they will be on the road for the next two games. Mike can and will get the job done. Good things happen to good people.

maxhog5

Quote from: lefty08 on February 08, 2017, 07:40:21 am

Not true.  Was fixed by Pel.  Arkansas didn't even really lose a scholarship, but took the penalty early when Anderson was unable to fill all his scholarships.

Beaverfever

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 08, 2017, 07:59:45 am
Not true.  Was fixed by Pel.  Arkansas didn't even really lose a scholarship, but took the penalty early when Anderson was unable to fill all his scholarships.
Does anybody know how frequently we actually use all 13 scholarships?  It seems like we're almost always at 11 or 12 for no real reason.  Drives me crazy. 

maxhog5

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 07:56:02 am
Just my observation of this team this season.

1. The guys in the locker room do not like each other. It's every man for himself when they step out on the court because they do not play as a team on offense or defense. Guys seem more concerned with their boxscore than winning basketball games.

2. It's not Mike personality but sometime you have to go off. When Vanderbilt hit their first 3 pointer I would have called a timeout to send a message. When your team comes out flat you have to find the pieces that want to play winning basketball.

3. We have to win 6 of our next 7 games. It's doable but its certainly not proable. Mike has to finish this season strong in order to get some momentum going into next season. We might have to win the NIT championship to get some folks off his back.

4. It's not time to fire Mike Anderson. The play of this team is for lack of a better word is "bad". Fans have a right to be upset about how this team comes off starting games. Moses Kingsley shouldn't be allowed to wear a Razorback uniform with his lack of effort. He has lost alot of good will with me as a Razorback because I'm not seeing the effort on the court. Mike the ball is in your court.The number seven is the number of completion. You have seven games to try to figure things out and get the MOB off your back. I think the best thing for the Razorbacks is they will be on the road for the next two games. Mike can and will get the job done. Good things happen to good people.

Piled higher and deeper.

maxhog5

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 08, 2017, 08:01:08 am
Does anybody know how frequently we actually use all 13 scholarships?  It seems like we're almost always at 11 or 12 for no real reason.  Drives me crazy.

Same here.  Has been a continual problem throughout the entire six years.

Atlhogfan1

The APR was already improving. 

What it did do was prevent Mike from clearing roster spots to bring in players to fit what he wanted to do.  Given how recruiting has gone, it probably didn't matter. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

lutherheggs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:58:31 pm
Let me try again. nationally nobody cares.sorry but it's true.
FCJ is correct. National media are not covering or thinking about Razorback basketball. They haven't for better part of 2 decades now.

lutherheggs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:07:37 pm
Because he took over a mess left by Pel.hell Jeff Long even said that he did not even count the first 2 years. and he has some great recruiting classes lined up that will be gone if Long fires him. not the time to listen to the naysayers.
FCJ, you know this is stupid. This is his 6th year. Even if the ridiculous stmt you refer to is true (Long doesn't count the 1st 2 years against him), MA has had 4 seasons past that to do something and he has done nothing. MA is not suddenly going to become the head coach we all dream of in year 7 at age 58 after being a head coach for 15 or so seasons.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 07, 2017, 10:19:13 pm
I'll bite...devils advocate. Let's use the same excuses we hear in other sports. Because he's a nice guy with good kids. They go to class and graduate. "He took over a dumpster fire."'

Basketball program is still one of the most profitable in the country. This year we sold out over 13k seats. "Who else are you going to get"

I'll tell you what's really hilarious one way to look at it....Mike Anderson just got paid about $70k to coach(watch) that game. lol that's one hell of a day at the office.

italian9005

there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be top 3 in the sec. anything other than that Is just not getting it done.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 07, 2017, 10:34:43 pm
and then one more after that for that All-AAU Hawks team that is coming in two years?
I hope this is right. Then after 2 more years, they can fire Anderson and give the head coaching position to a guy who is going to retire right after that one season. Hire him as an interim head coach. While he is the coach that one season, they can find a permanent head coach for the following season. Maybe a coach who is coaching at a major program right now and has had success but who wants the challenge of coaching in the 4th best conference in the country.

Pork Twain

Well for starters, you are off to a rough start.  First that is false, Pel had the APR on the road to recovery before he was canned.  He also had a lot of talent on campus and coming in.  Not his fault MA's shoddy style ran some off.

Pork Twain

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 08, 2017, 08:09:21 am
FCJ, you know this is stupid. This is his 6th year. Even if the ridiculous stmt you refer to is true (Long doesn't count the 1st 2 years against him), MA has had 4 seasons past that to do something and he has done nothing. MA is not suddenly going to become the head coach we all dream of in year 7 at age 58 after being a head coach for 15 or so seasons.
MA, the only college basketball coach it takes 6 years to turn a team into an also ran.

hawgon

If we don't fire Mike, we probably owe Heath and Pelphrey an apology.  But I am not confident that Long will do that and I am really not confident in his coach hiring ability.  So, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole mess.

lutherheggs

Quote from: hawgon on February 08, 2017, 08:22:02 am
If we don't fire Mike, we probably owe Heath and Pelphrey an apology.  But I am not confident that Long will do that and I am really not confident in his coach hiring ability.  So, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole mess.
Excellent point. I agree. I think Long's hiring is deficient. If we are relying on Long to hire head coaches, may as well leave Anderson where he is until he wants to retire.

How does the U of A decide to fire the AD?

Pork Twain

I think Long has done a fine job.  Probably let those that were thinking with their hearts, have a little too much input with the hiring of MA.  I doubt he makes that mistake again

The Boar War

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 08, 2017, 08:25:14 am
How does the U of A decide to fire the AD?

I don't know but I'm sure you'll get style points if it can be done while riding a motorcycle.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 09:45:08 pm
It has nothing to do with being true, you half-wit. Coming off the loss to Mizzou, what happened tonight - a 24-pt. deficit to an 11-12 Vandy team that hadn't won at BWA since 2010, "violent" booing, national media laughing at us, and local media tweeting about the ramifications of it - those are all signs that will start to snowball.

And the potential of a class two years from campus won't stem that tide.

Nothing will happen.  We, and I use "we" as in myself included, have a hard time admitting mistakes with coaches.

Btw, every major sports program here is now in shambles.

hawgon

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 08, 2017, 08:30:25 am
I think Long has done a fine job.  Probably let those that were thinking with their hearts, have a little too much input with the hiring of MA.  I doubt he makes that mistake again

He has done an awful job.  Never in my lifetime has Arkansas been so irrelevant in all the major sports at the same time.  His women's basketball hire was perhaps the worst hire in the modern history of the SEC and was viewed as a complete insult to every coach and player in women's basketball. 

The guy is a flat out disaster and the results show it.

elksnort

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 08, 2017, 05:07:05 am
I know I am.  I wish MA would be shown the door and we would get a real coach
I do too.

Deep Shoat

Pelphrey had all but dug us out of Heath's API hole.  Mike just finished the job.

All Gas, No Brakes!

lutherheggs

Quote from: hawgon on February 08, 2017, 08:41:37 am
He has done an awful job.  Never in my lifetime has Arkansas been so irrelevant in all the major sports at the same time.  His women's basketball hire was perhaps the worst hire in the modern history of the SEC and was viewed as a complete insult to every coach and player in women's basketball. 

The guy is a flat out disaster and the results show it.
You talking about Jimmy the preacher? Uh oh, Jimmy gonna be mad. Jimmy doesn't like to get mad. Jimmy's gonna get you.