Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Telling Tweets from Jimmy Carter and Mattingly

Started by WilsonHog, February 07, 2017, 09:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 07, 2017, 10:36:17 pm
Problem is had these Anderson cult members not show up, it would be simple. We would all agree that Mike should be fired today and TJ Cleveland should be the interim.

After that Jump Ball would be crickets.

I do not want our next basketball coach to be plucked from Nolan's coaching shrub.

Not even as an interim.

swineology

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:38:57 pm
No we don't all agree. and that's what you fire Anderson guys have a problem with.Mike should not be fired in my opinion.
That's your boy Joe still sitting on 17 wins, when it shoul be at the least 19

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:41:10 pm
I do not want our next basketball coach to be plucked from Nolan's coaching shrub.

Not even as an interim.

Yep.  Watkins. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hobhog

No we don't all agree. and that's what you fire Anderson guys have a problem with.Mike should not be fired in my opinion.

15% approval rating and dropping. Anyone supporting him now is an extremist. All Hog fans so it's okay.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:38:04 pm
The answer is that it's not a "which," it's a both. Let me break this down for you.

The good stuff Mike is doing off the floor...that's expected from Day One.

The wins are expected once he gets his program established, and in Year Six we have not seen enough of those.

Not "which;" both. I just give more latitude on the second part of the equation than the first.

Now go get someone to explain to you what I just typed.
What you just typed still did not answer the question.remember what you posted when CBP was fired? and after the football lost to Mizzo this year. after saying for years that as long as our players get good grades and stay out of trouble,you were fine?

LRHawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 07, 2017, 10:36:17 pm
Problem is had these Anderson cult members not show up, it would be simple. We would all agree that Mike should be fired today and TJ Cleveland should be the interim.

After that Jump Ball would be crickets.

Which is why I believe he's just a plant to generate traffic. Seems it works, just like on radio and national sports tv. Seems he's picked up some disciples which is really sad.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 07, 2017, 10:01:25 pm
12-12 currently, and won't even qualify for the NIT.

Mike is a failure.

This is the type of hate that Bret does not get!! Mike is a failure!! Mike is not a failure. The man has been successful his whole life but his ball club is not playing well. The personal attack against a man that has represented this school well and took over a job nobody else of his caliber was willing to take.

Sivad

Not even as an interim.
Agreed. To hell with that.

Hogs958

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:45:09 pm
This is the type of hate that Bret does not get!! Mike is a failure!! Mike is not a failure. The man has been successful his whole life but his ball club is not playing well. The personal attack against a man that has represented this school well and took over a job nobody else of his caliber was willing to take.

Well the pope should go ahead and make him a saint then. Let's write up a lifetime contract for this perfect man that did us a huge favor by taking the job.

Knot2brite

Go to MMQB after a loss...the carnage left there will make this little discussion group look like a campfire girls cookie drive meeting.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jkstock04

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:42:49 pm
What you just typed still did not answer the question.remember what you posted when CBP was fired? and after the football lost to Mizzo this year. after saying for years that as long as our players get good grades and stay out of trouble,you were fine?
There for sure seems to be different (i.e. easier) standards for football vs basketball. In basketball people actually take winning pretty seriously. At least on Hogville.

I guess the academic boasting halftime show didn't cut the mustard for tonight's performance.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:47:43 pm
Go to MMQB after a loss...the carnage left there will make this little discussion group look like a campfire girls cookie drive meeting.

It's a deflection attempt. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hog.goblin

I don't condone it against either coach, but go take a look at some of the threads in MMQB after the MO loss and again after the VA Tech.  You are sadly mistaken.

HogBreath

The guy he replaced was pretty much of his caliber.  Mike has never got us in to the dance as much as Heath did, so I'll give Stan the caliber edge there.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

userpick

I'll answer it for him.

I don't give two shits about what grades our players make as long as they stay eligible.  Are you freakin kidding me? All you talk about is his "great" recruiting classes he's bringing in. If the 17 class is great, I don't even want to see what average is. You talk about you've followed basketball for 50 years so you know what you're talking about. Anderson is hands downs the worst in game coach we've had since Nolan. And you can't make one valid point about how he's not. "He's got a great 2018 recruiting class" doesn't count.

colbs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 10:07:37 pm
Because he took over a mess left by Pel.hell Jeff Long even said that he did not even count the first 2 years. and he has some great recruiting classes lined up that will be gone if Long fires him. not the time to listen to the naysayers.
It's crazy how positive you are still about basketball but the opposite on football.  Mike's been here longer and it's easier to build a basketball program.  I really like Mike and hope he gets things turned around down the stretch, but if he doesn't it might be time to move on.  It's year 6 and still the same problems.  I hope Arkansas never hires anyone again with deep ties to the university.  It just makes it tough if things don't work out.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 10:47:36 pm
Well the pope should go ahead and make him a saint then. Let's write up a lifetime contract for this perfect man that did us a huge favor by taking the job.

Give these .... what they want!! Fire Mike Anderson and this program is going back to Pelphrey days. Bank on it!!

Knot2brite

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2017, 10:49:17 pm
Yeah but I am awake and can't sleep so I will play his reindeer games until I get tired and go to bed...it is something to do
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogs958

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:51:09 pm
Give these .... what they want!! Fire Mike Anderson and this program is going back to Pelphrey days. Bank on it!!

We're basically already in Pelphrey days...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Not even as an interim.

Agree with above.  Doing so would be a mistake.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

colbs

The last two years are about on par with Pel's teams.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogBreath on February 07, 2017, 10:49:40 pm
The guy he replaced was pretty much of his caliber.  Mike has never got us in to the dance as much as Heath did, so I'll give Stan the caliber edge there.

Check the records. Mike will be fired or remain by his own merits. I just happen to respect the man because he's been a class guy since he took the job. If it was me I would go Nolan and tell them to pay me and you can have this job. Mike is 58 with established relationships with some elite recruits and it might be a good divorce for both parties. The recruits are going with Anderson. I personally know one of the big time recruits. LSU might come calling for Anderson.

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2017, 10:49:17 pm
Nah. The hypocrisy is blatant. The integrity police go to bat heavily for Bielema/football, but are absent or take an opposite stance for basketball/Anderson.

Mike Anderson deserves 100% of this criticism to be sure...but the hypocrisy is obvious to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Captain Morgan

Letsroll sees disaster with the next coaching hire. What if others in here see hope and not disaster with a new coach?

Hogs958

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:56:36 pm
Check the records. Mike will be fired or remain by his own merits. I just happen to respect the man because he's been a class guy since he took the job. If it was me I would go Nolan and tell them to pay me and you can have this job. Mike is 58 with established relationships with some elite recruits and it might be a good divorce for both parties. The recruits are going with Anderson. I personally know one of the big time recruits. LSU might come calling for Anderson.

integrity and relationships are important, but after 6 years we need results.

The Boar War

Quote from: hobhog on February 07, 2017, 10:40:08 pm
This is the worst stretch of Razorback Basketball in 30 years. I think MA is done.

Easy now.  Worst stretch of 2 games maybe.

LA Football fan

This is my take.  UNLESS you have a top notch coach lined up and you KNOW he will come here, then let Mike come back next year to lock down the recruits.  If "ONE" of them decommits before the early signing period, fire Mike the next day and let Scotty or Watkins finish the season as interim.  Since the recruits are the rallying cry, then also make them the sign them or you are fired cry.  You can't have it both ways.   There is a HUGE chance after we don't make the tourney again this year that a big program comes along and picks one or two of them off.  WHEN that happens, show Mike the door and don't look back.   

I don't think he deserves to come back if we fail to make the tourney, but if bringing him back gets ALL the 2018 recruits locked down then I can give him the benefit of the doubt for ONE MORE YEAR.  If we tank again next year with Gafford down low and Barford and Macon back then I think it is a no brainer to move on, no matter what happens with recruits.

HogBreath

Joe, maybe you can get Jeff Long to give Mike another two year pass, since Mike is going to get things fixed.

Maybe a three year pass to be on the safe side.

Also, maybe hire a coach/mentor who can work with Mike on some of this basketball stuff.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The Boar War

Not even as an interim.

I agree that it's time but I would hope he's able to finish the season if only for appearances.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 07, 2017, 10:57:00 pm
Nah. The hypocrisy is blatant. The integrity police go to bat heavily for Bielema/football, but are absent or take an opposite stance for basketball/Anderson.

Mike Anderson deserves 100% of this criticism to be sure...but the hypocrisy is obvious to me.

Nah.  Different situations.  Some of you can't separate them. 

hobhog

Nope. So sell your soul for possible recruits 2 years from now and endure empty arenas and miserable fans until then? And hope the coach who hasn't won consistently in 7 years can do it in 8? Or 9?

Over paid people happening everywhere if that's allowed to happen.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 07, 2017, 10:48:58 pm
There for sure seems to be different (i.e. easier) standards for football vs basketball. In basketball people actually take winning pretty seriously. At least on Hogville.

I guess the academic boasting halftime show didn't cut the mustard for tonight's performance.
We should expect our basketball team to regularly have a higher winning percentage than our football team. Our state has produced some pretty good bball recruits over the past ten years while the number of football recruits we produce is way behind other sec states. Also Our SEC brethren don't care that much about  Bball. It's a much better situation for us than football, but we've still managed to blow it since the early 90's. Our incompentance has been mind boggling and it's almost like we have been cursed.

alohawg

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 07, 2017, 10:59:50 pm
This is my take.  UNLESS you have a top notch coach lined up and you KNOW he will come here, then let Mike come back next year to lock down the recruits.  If "ONE" of them decommits before the early signing period, fire Mike the next day and let Scotty or Watkins finish the season as interim.  Since the recruits are the rallying cry, then also make them the sign them or you are fired cry.  You can't have it both ways.   There is a HUGE chance after we don't make the tourney again this year that a big program comes along and picks one or two of them off.  WHEN that happens, show Mike the door and don't look back.   

I don't think he deserves to come back if we fail to make the tourney, but if bringing him back gets ALL the 2018 recruits locked down then I can give him the benefit of the doubt for ONE MORE YEAR.  If we tank again next year with Gafford down low and Barford and Macon back then I think it is a no brainer to move on, no matter what happens with recruits.

I'd rather fire him tonight and take the chance of losing a recruit. It's not like he gets the most out of them anyway.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:51:29 pm
Yeah but I am awake and can't sleep so I will play his reindeer games until I get tired and go to bed...it is something to do

It does pass the time. 

WBOBO

Man if that 2018 Hawks team wants to be a Hog then fine, but I'm tired of the
same ol same ol. If they don't move on.  We move on.   This institution is not built on a team that has yet to set foot in a Razorback uniform and we are going to gamble that Mike can keep this squad?  You either want to be a Hog or not.  It's not
the staff that keeps them a Hog, it's the players who want to turn this thing around
along with a coach with a game plan.  I'm tired of the coach speak words of blue collar especially, because we should be undefeated if you use those words.  Blue Collar is the backbone of this country.  Don't compare that to a team that has lost the last two games to two teams that have gone 16-28 this year  (close on the record but could be wrong). That was blue collar work ethic?  Sorry.  Coaching is a
rough sport, but it's a very profitable one as well and when you can't make that ticket the hardest venue to get one.....it's not racism either.  The only racism I see is our Cardinal and White not being in the big dance every year.  That's right.  EVERY
YEAR.  I'm sorry but this is not venting over a loss, but rather trying to sell that one stock you keep holding on to, but  yet it continues to drop in value yet future earnings are bright.  This is a show me world.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

LZH

Quote from: Wildhog on February 07, 2017, 10:03:10 pm
Joe- Please explain why you think Mike's job shouldn't be in jeopardy.

Yeah I would like to hear that too. Just started reading this particular thread so maybe I haven't got to his answer yet.

He doesn't accept mediocrity from our football team, so I was surprised to read over the past couple of weeks that he is okay with it in bwa. Frankly, I have lost all interest to the point that I don't even visit the Jump Ball forum anymore. Or that is until it started looking like we were actually going to make a change in coaches.

lefty08

So, rules of the website don't apply when talking to Joe?  Interesting

Bring on the coaching search
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Sivad

Quote from: LZH on February 07, 2017, 11:08:48 pm
He doesn't accept mediocrity from our football team, so I was surprised to read over the past couple of weeks that he is okay with it in bwa.
This NolAnderson Fastest 40 crap is a long site less than mediocrity.

McKdaddy

My criticism of football pales compared to basketball, because I simply don't believe fb can sustain a high level of success in the sec for the long-term. CBP gave us 2 fantastic years, but I'm not confident he would've sustained that success at the UA long-term. The fb program might surprise me the next 10 years or more with a sustained high level of success, but I don't believe so. I'd love to be wrong. I don't think we are likely to return to the program's sustained glory years that occurred in the 1960's-1980's.

The bb program, however, has more recently proven it could sustain a high level of success over the long-term. It has proven it over successive coaches (NR & ES) that used strong defenses and polar-opposite offensive styles. So my expectations and hopes for the bb program are higher. I believe it can return to a high level of sustained success again. Maybe the 4 FF's and a NC over that period won't occur again, but consistently being ranked, consistently making the NCAAT, and being relevant is something I believe can happen again. Therefore, I do hold the bb program to a higher standard than fb.

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

LZH

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 10:56:36 pm

That would be great. And those kids aren't going with Anderson. No way in hell.

Spektre

Lol... Bielema doesn't get this kind of heat? Dude has been here less time than Mike and people have been wanting his head for almost 2 years.

I wish our players were as quick on defense as these people are to defend Mike's job.

jkstock04

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 07, 2017, 11:21:03 pm
My criticism of football pales compared to basketball, because I simply don't believe fb can sustain a high level of success in the sec for the long-term. CBP gave us 2 fantastic years, but I'm not confident he would've sustained that success at the UA long-term. The fb program might surprise me the next 10 years or more with a sustained high level of success, but I don't believe so. I'd love to be wrong. I don't think we are likely to return to the program's sustained glory years that occurred in the 1960's-1980's.

The bb program, however, has more recently proven it could sustain a high level of success over the long-term. It has proven it over successive coaches (NR & ES) that used strong defenses and polar-opposite offensive styles. So my expectations and hopes for the bb program are higher. I believe it can return to a high level of sustained success again. Maybe the 4 FF's and a NC over that period won't occur again, but consistently being ranked, consistently making the NCAAT, and being relevant is something I believe can happen again. Therefore, I do hold the bb program to a higher standard than fb.

I think this is fair. Makes sense.

Much more logical than "it's ok that we lose in football because we have integrity, building it the right way, and a coach turning boys into men after football."
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgndaaz

Guys. He likes Anderson because he's black. Only thing that remotely makes sense.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: McKdaddy on February 07, 2017, 11:21:03 pm

Have to be a real mouthbreather to believe Arkansas football can compete consistently on as high of a level in the SEC and be as nationally relevant as Arkansas basketball.  Two different situations.

I prefer college football as a fan.  Have more interest and emotion in it.  But the situations aren't comparable or related. 

Disclaimer for those who can't separate football:  what happened this past football season was unacceptable, the program isn't where it needs to be and it needs to be fixed immediately. 

pignatious

Seen more than enough. Mike can't get it done obviously. Good guy, but has just not panned out. It was worth a shot. He will not make needed changes to his staff. Can't make adjustments in the game. Defense is horrible. Losing home games is regular occurrence. Players don't develop in this system. So, let's please save another year of embarrassment and let him go. There are much better coaches out there who will come if paid accordingly.
Freedom is never free.

Biggus Piggus

Mike Anderson is a coach who averages a little more than 20 wins per season. Entire career. That's not a lot of upside potential.

But that is not the issue here. His team has unraveled in February, just as it has done in most of his seasons at Arkansas. Go back and look. It is a chronic problem. Nothing coming in recruiting is going to fix the chemistry problems on this team in time for next season. If you ask people to be patient for Anderson, you are asking them to wait through another season until he gets the magic class of 2018. BWA is already empty. The life is gone from the program.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 08, 2017, 12:15:39 am
Mike Anderson is a coach who averages a little more than 20 wins per season. Entire career. That's not a lot of upside potential.

But that is not the issue here. His team has unraveled in February, just as it has done in most of his seasons at Arkansas. Go back and look. It is a chronic problem. Nothing coming in recruiting is going to fix the chemistry problems on this team in time for next season. If you ask people to be patient for Anderson, you are asking them to wait through another season until he gets the magic class of 2018. BWA is already empty. The life is gone from the program.

I think you are asking to wait for '19-20, if we wouldn't have transfers out, for Hill's arrival for it to have a chance to come together into something worth paying attention to.  We know we can't do that. 

Biggus Piggus

Your dodging makes me dizzy. Nobody's fooled by your weak efforts to distract people from the obvious.
[CENSORED]!

3kgthog

What mess was there when Mike took over? I must've missed it.