Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still Support Anderson

Started by Letsroll1200, February 07, 2017, 09:17:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doc53

Quote from: hogsmash12 on February 07, 2017, 09:21:31 pm
I supported Nutt and Nolan til the bitter end but this is ridiculous. It's time. The college  game has changed and we need to get back to fundamentally sound basketball.
They do not teach that in Fayetteville except at the high school
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

The real Hogules

My support for CMA is all but gone.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogginintheville

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 07, 2017, 09:30:26 pm
What's Mike's address so I can send you some knee pads?

I would like his address so I can send the uhaul

Etowah

Two reasons to keep MA as the coach....he does have the recruits coming.  This thing is falling apart this year...but the foundation is there for it to be much better next year and down the road.  Mike will be even more motivated at that point.

Second reason...we will never recover from the racist accusations when you fire him after he wins 20 games.

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 07, 2017, 09:19:15 pm
He is not doing all that could be done. Only all he can do, which is not enough. Should be obvious to you by now. Fan support is wrecked. Team is wrecked.

Whatever man. I have supported the team and Mike the entire time he has been here. I travel 4 hours to see as many games as possible ever season. Mike had all the support he needed. He has been here for 6 damn years and this is the product we get. He doesn't deserve our support. I will continue to root for the team but it is past time for Mike to go.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 09:28:49 pm
For the life of me I cannot understand the complete devotion and adoration that some people give to MA. I am going to ask this question as honestly as I can...if he was white, had no association with Nolan and the glory years but had the same resume he had prior to becoming the head coach..would these same people be supporting him? If that is an inappropriate question I apologize but I am wondering. I never wanted him here before because I never thought he was that great of a coach, and I knew if he failed...it would take a act of congress to get him out. Now...I just want him to win...go to the tourney...win some championships ...I don't care what color, creed, ethnicity or political party he supports....just win

You mean if he was John Pelphrey?  You already know that answer. 

Sapperhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 07, 2017, 09:24:35 pm
+1000.i 100+1000. i 100%agree.

I'm new here but your shtick is getting old.

HogBreath

Quote from: Etowah on February 07, 2017, 09:39:02 pm
Two reasons to keep MA as the coach....he does have the recruits coming.  This thing is falling apart this year...but the foundation is there for it to be much better next year and down the road.  Mike will be even more motivated at that point.

Second reason...we will never recover from the racist accusations when you fire him after he wins 20 games.

Wooooo....that sounds good..a motivated Mike.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2017, 09:34:38 pm
There's a lot of that going around at Arkansas.

Jeff Long...will hire...the coaches...
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 07, 2017, 09:31:38 pm
Absolutely not! It's the connection to Nolan that's keeping him around

If Nolan was there tonight, he may have been the last person left in the stands by the end.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 09:28:49 pm
For the life of me I cannot understand the complete devotion and adoration that some people give to MA. I am going to ask this question as honestly as I can...if he was white, had no association with Nolan and the glory years but had the same resume he had prior to becoming the head coach..would these same people be supporting him? If that is an inappropriate question I apologize but I am wondering. I never wanted him here before because I never thought he was that great of a coach, and I knew if he failed...it would take a act of congress to get him out. Now...I just want him to win...go to the tourney...win some championships ...I don't care what color, creed, ethnicity or political party he supports....just win

Has nothing to do with his race. I've supported Mike from the start and despite these past two games Mike has proven to be a quality coach. I can't explain how Arkansas didn't come out today with intensity. Get behind this program and behind this coach.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 07, 2017, 09:42:03 pm
Jeff Long...will hire...the coaches...

If Long isn't carefully he will be out the door soon.  Donors want to see a winning product and we don't have that in any sports. Yeah I am glad we have a clean program but it doesn't matter if you don't win.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 09:44:06 pm
Has nothing to do with his race. I've supported Mike from the start and despite these past two games Mike has proven to be a quality coach. I can't explain how Arkansas didn't come out today with intensity. Get behind this program and behind this coach.

Such a quality coach that we have been to the dance once in 6 years.

Member #3568

porkinsons disease

Quote from: HogBreath on February 07, 2017, 09:41:23 pm
Wooooo....that sounds good..a motivated Mike.
...and the 28th ranked recruiting class
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

elksnort

first of all fire him for not getting the job done secondly the racial stuff needs to go away

TexArkHogFan

Next two games are at LSU and at SC.  LSU just scored 85 points on Kentucky and only lost by 7.  Wait for it, it's coming. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hogs958

come on...just...there's no arguing with blind MA supporters. Like arguing with my lab.

LZH

Pretty sure the OP is just yanking our chain, fwiw.

I am probably one of the last of the JL supporters, but if he doesn't fire Mike after this year then he is not the Director of Athletics, he is just another suit in administration drawing a paycheck.

WilsonHog

I am behind this program.

It is because I am behind this program that I believe this coach needs to be shown the door.

Kevin

I have been down with Anderson. Now I am done with let's roll and fcj. Their nonsense is just as old as Anderson.

I am moving on.  Getting ready for next Friday and baseball season.  Go hogs beat the redhawks
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wardhog85

First and foremost, don't bring racism up, that is beyond ridiculous. The man will have been to 1 tournament in 6 seasons, that will get you fired anywhere.  Second, he doesn't have the recruits coming in.  He's got the number 28 class, with 1 top 100 recruit coming in. That's not a program changing class. That's a class that will get more of the same results.

jfred59

Knot2brite

Problem is that I have been behind this coach even though I didn't want him and behind this team all year. I am not seeing results. I put zero faith in players that have never played a single second of college basketball although I have seen them play in high school and I can see they have talent. I am not getting what I am giving. Results is the bottom line. If there isn't a attachment that goes beyond hoping for the glory days then what we are seeing is the writing on the wall. If he doesn't make the tourney then he has to go. If he does then he gets to coach the recruits. The devotion and threats of losing recruits will only go so far. At some point there has to be a cut off point. I hope he goes to the dance and we get the opportunity to play for a championship...but if not...it is time to make a change for the good of the program
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

bhogs05

How anyone can support our "coach" right now is beyond me. 

Etowah

You may want the racial stuff to go away, but in the politically correct society we live in, it is an issue and you can bet Long and others who make decisions have to consider all things...including the fallout if they choose to pull the plug on Mike Anderson.

It would be different if the team was 500 again...but you win 20 plus games and get fired?  You can believe it will be discussed.

HogBreath

I can't explain how Arkansas didn't come out today with intensity.

Oh okay, well that's too bad, let me try to explain it to you.

Our basketball coach is doing a really, really poor job with his duties, well, kinda like he has for most of the last 6 years

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2017, 09:17:48 pm
I'm disappointed in the play of the Razorbacks. However, I still support this coach. Mike is doing all he can to get this program in a position to be elite. I don't understand why he is overly criticize on this board. We have the recruits coming in and a hard working coach. Mike deserves two more years to turn this program into a consistent winner.
I still support him also but I'm really starting to question some things, like scouting and gameplanning accordingly. We can't do the same thing against every team. Every team has different strengths and weaknesses and mike has to realize that or he has to go. Although our halfcourt defense wasn't much better when decided to play it in the 2nd half.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

WilsonHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 07, 2017, 09:53:01 pm
I still support him also but I'm really starting to question some things, like scouting and gameplanning accordingly. We can't do the same thing against every team. Every team has different strengths and weaknesses and mike has to realize that or he has to go.

Good luck with waiting on that to happen.

The post-game analysis from Tony Delk and Pat Bradley was on point. We came from behind In Nashville because we turned it into a rat game. Drew worked on adjustments that to spread out our defense and use quick passes. Result? The best 3-point shooting team in the SEC had open looks for the entire first half.

Mike took his philosophy from Nolan: "We don't worry about what the other team is doing. Let them worry about us."

Well, Mike ain't Nolan.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I'm disappointed in the play of the Razorbacks. However, I still support this coach. Mike is doing all he can to get this program in a position to be elite. I don't understand why he is overly criticize on this board. We have the recruits coming in and a hard working coach. Mike deserves two more years to turn this program into a consistent winner.
Fake

ChicoHog

Quote from: Etowah on February 07, 2017, 09:52:16 pm
You may want the racial stuff to go away, but in the politically correct society we live in, it is an issue and you can bet Long and others who make decisions have to consider all things...including the fallout if they choose to pull the plug on Mike Anderson.

It would be different if the team was 500 again...but you win 20 plus games and get fired?  You can believe it will be discussed.
It will be discussed-by people who don't know what the heck is going on and just looking from afar.  Kind of like when we fired Nutt; we got a lot of crap from the national media, but Anderson needs to go away.  I don't care what the PC police say.  We need someone else to start this thing over again. 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogBreath

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 09:48:25 pm
come on...just...there's no arguing with blind MA supporters. Like arguing with my lab.
Oh come now man, I've owned labs.  One black, one blond. 

I'd have to give the labs more credit than that.  Way more in fact.

hogsanity

Etowah, Letsroll. FCJ, are all fakes, just here posting stuff they know will get replies.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BassinHawg

BULL MALARKY! Mike Anderson can't coach his way out of a wet paper sack! Those Star recruits that are supposed to be coming will be reduced to 14 minutes per game has beens with his basketball philosophy and knowlendge!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

HogBreath

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 07, 2017, 09:53:01 pm
I still support him also but I'm really starting to question some things, like scouting and gameplanning accordingly. We can't do the same thing against every team. Every team has different strengths and weaknesses and mike has to realize that or he has to go. Although our halfcourt defense wasn't much better when decided to play it in the 2nd half.
Well you've been danged slow to catch on to the obvious, but at long last you finally did.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2017, 10:00:12 pm
Etowah, Letsroll. FCJ, are all fakes, just here posting stuff they know will get replies.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Etowah on February 07, 2017, 09:52:16 pm

That is the reason I asked the question I did before. I don't want to ask that question because I don't want it to be about race. It should never be about race, but I think it will end up being an issue even if that is the farthest thing in the world from the truth. There are those that will feel guilty about firing him for that reason as well as firing him because of the Nolan fiasco. It has to be about the bottom line..wins and losses rather than anything else

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:04:17 pm
That is the reason I asked the question I did before. I don't want to ask that question because I don't want it to be about race. It should never be about race, but I think it will end up being an issue even if that is the farthest thing in the world from the truth. There are those that will feel guilty about firing him for that reason as well as firing him because of the Nolan fiasco. It has to be about the bottom line..wins and losses rather than anything else

Did anyone feel guilty about firing Heath, even after going to 2 consecutive NCAAT's?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Etowah

I have been an Arkansas fan before most of you were born.

I am a realist....Jeff Long is not going to fire Mike Anderson if this team wins 20 games...and you can call me anything you want.

I will bet the house on that.

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2017, 10:07:14 pm
Did anyone feel guilty about firing Heath, even after going to 2 consecutive NCAAT's?
Was Heath the top assistant during the most relevant time in Arkansas basketball? Was Heath the spurned assistant coach that was never going to get a chance at that time because he was associated with the fired coach? Heath was a political band aid and when the situation had scabbed over he was released. I didn't mind it because he was not a good basketball coach. But we aren't taking about you and I ...we see the bottom line

Etowah

This is exactly what I am trying to say.............we can ignore it or admit it.

This is what we signed up for when we hired Mike Anderson.

Captain Morgan

yes because it appeared to me Heath was on the upswing. Not the case with Mike "NIT" Anderson

Hogs958

Quote from: Etowah on February 07, 2017, 10:09:28 pm
I have been an Arkansas fan before most of you were born.

I am a realist....Jeff Long is not going to fire Mike Anderson if this team wins 20 games...and you can call me anything you want.

I will bet the house on that.

anything I want?? I'll have to think on that.

Etowah

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:04:17 pm

This was the quote I meant to copy in my post above.

This is the truth.

Hogs958

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:10:24 pm
Was Heath the top assistant during the most relevant time in Arkansas basketball? Was Heath the spurned assistant coach that was never going to get a chance at that time because he was associated with the fired coach? Heath was a political band aid and when the situation had scabbed over he was released. I didn't mind it because he was not a good basketball coach. But we aren't taking about you and I ...we see the bottom line

best recruiter we've had since Nolan was let go...just couldn't coach.

XavierZane

It feels terrible for every fan to have to watch a loss, especially an uninspired mess like most of what just happened.  Anderson needs to make some changes, get some fire into his players, do whatever he needs to get the team back on track, but what he doesn't need is a firing.   I still support Anderson, despite being upset at a loss.  No single performance can impact my opinion of how terrible it would be to the program to lose it's coach this season.  I believe he should get another season at least.   

For a little perspective, and a reminder of what is actually important with student-athletes:

Arkansas Razorbacks ‏@ArkRazorbacks 1h
✏️ 285 student-athletes on the department honor roll -- 3.0+ term GPA.
📓 57 Academic Champions -- 4.0
📚 112 achieved personal best GPA

The athletic program as a whole is being improved drastically and in every area.  A long-term plan is being applied, with football and basketball of course being the chief beneficiaries.  But long-term is long-term, it takes patience and stability and commitment.  I make this same argument for football and basketball, knowing full well that we're going to lose some games along the way.  I believe this is the best way to get to the elite level (the other being resorting to Auburn, Baylor, Ole Miss behavior), and that the foundation being built now is only way to stay there consistantly.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 10:12:20 pm
best recruiter we've had since Nolan was let go...just couldn't coach.
And couldn't keep their asses in class and out of the "other" things

Sivad

If he's "doing all he can" then he is even more incompetent than I thought.

maxhog5

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 07, 2017, 10:14:49 pm
And couldn't keep their asses in class and out of the "other" things

This.