Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modest Michael Vick

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, October 27, 2005, 02:37:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick said Wednesday he is one of the NFL's top players and one of the most recognizable figures in all of sports and could use his celebrity to his advantage on and off the field. However, he said it is his nature to lay relatively low and have his teammates view him as one of them. "Everybody knows I've got great talents and gifts and can do things 90 percent of the guys in the league can't do," Vick said. "I don't feel like I've got to do things differently, show off my status, my power. I can do it, but it's no need. Only if a line is crossed or if there's a need for me to act a certain way would I approach the situation differently. It's pretty much the way I've been since Virginia Tech and since I've been here. I'm a team guy, I understand the concept of winning and what it takes to win." Ben's Take: Someone needs to tell Vick he's the 29th best quarterback in the NFL. Gus Frerotte and David Carr have higher QB ratings this season.

razorback4life

You could change a couple of words in that and it could look like our HC said that.  ;D

sooie dog

I got him confused with Johnson Sunday night. 

Hardwork321

It's all about win and losts

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 27, 2005, 02:37:17 pm
Vick said. "I don't feel like I've got to do things differently, show off my status, my power. I can do it, but it's no need. "

Guess not showing off is why he's been injured a majority of his NFL career huh?  What a team player my arse.  He'll be retired in a few more years because he won't be able to run anymore from blown out knees and ankles and discover his passing game sucks and it's time to hang it up.  What a jackaasss!!

Porquemada

He IS Superman. Able to transmit the herpes virus in a single encounter.

RebelliousHog

He may be good, but wouldn't recognize him in a line-up. So he can't be THAT famous.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci