Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MATT JONES AKA "THE BIG DECOY"

Started by cowboyhog, October 09, 2005, 11:45:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboyhog

WHERES HE AT IN THE RED ZONE HE SHOULD BE A FORCE WITH THE JUMPBALL!! ???
GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

toshortrock

i seen one go through his hands earlier
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hamsam

it's a rookie hazing thing. that could be the only explaination.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Buff

when they do throw it he has a crappy QB to do it.  10 yards across the middle and leftwich threw it as hard as he could

John Futrall

October 10, 2005, 07:49:32 am #4 Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:13:49 am by mikeyg31
He WILL be a star, but it's going to take time.  IMHO, he's still learning his position (had a few thrown to him that were catchable) and will be fine over time.

All that being said, however, Leftwich tends NOT to check off, and usually ends up throwing to his #1 or #2 receiver.  It's a wonder why he doesn't get picked off more often.

OkieHog

He has to get on a better team.These idiots have no idea what they have.They should play him at QB for a game to see how a real QB reacts under pressure.
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

TechHawg

I didn't see it go through his hands, I saw him stretch out and touch it with his left hand cuz it wasn't a very good throw.

junkyardhog

Quote from: OkieHog on October 10, 2005, 08:17:10 am
He has to get on a better team.These idiots have no idea what they have.They should play him at QB for a game to see how a real QB reacts under pressure.

Are you calling Matt Jones a real QB?

Snarlton

Quote from: OkieHog on October 10, 2005, 08:17:10 am
They should play him at QB for a game to see how a real QB reacts under pressure.

LOL - You've got to be kidding.

HogFather

Leftwich sux, and is probably threatened of MJ's stardom and potential. 

corndo

MJ has stardom in Arkansas and some in Jacksonville, nowhere else - Leftwich is not threatened by MJ. MJ did get a lot of hype before the draft, but he is going to have to be consistently productive in the NFL for him not to be a shooting star.

Tomhog™

Quote from: HogFather on October 10, 2005, 12:44:58 pm

That's a good one.  Thanks for the comic relief... :D

Seriously, MJ might have the nerves, but not the arm to make a high calibur NFL QB...

AFWarrior83

MJ had a bad game, so did the other receivers. He will be fine, at least he didn't hold like Jimmy Smith and the Williams guy did. =)
Hogville member since 2005.

GrizzledHogFan

After a good first couple of games, the Jags appear to be squandering their opportunities to utilize Matt Jones.  It's frustrating to watch.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 10, 2005, 01:05:52 pm
After a good first couple of games, the Jags appear to be squandering their opportunities to utilize Matt Jones. It's frustrating to watch.

Only reason I would ever watch the Jags play and they only brought in MJ on 3rd down on every opther possesion.  Then they don't pass to him but maybe twice the whole game.  Leftwich was throwing behind the receivers on half the dropped passes, one was to MJ.  But nonetheless MJ has to much competition to get much more playing time than he's getting.  It does seem Leftwich isn't spreading the love to MJ though.

Gman

I saw three attempts to Matt in last nights game.  One was thrown about 5' over his head, he appeared to be attempting to reach for an overthrown pass on another, the third he was being held, the defender actually had hold of his right arm and it wasn't called.  Leftwich will be a pretty good QB, they need some improvement on the line so he doesn't have to be in such a hurry all the time.  I can see why they had so many dropped passes last season, the guy throws a bullet.

lumphog

Leftwich is jealous of the attention that the whitereceiver is getting from the fans. He won`t give Jones a chance.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: lumphog on October 10, 2005, 01:46:04 pm
Leftwich is jealous of the attention that the whitereceiver is getting from the fans. He won`t give Jones a chance.

There are numerous reasonable explanations for why Leftwich doesn't get the ball to MJ more often--this isn't one of them.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

bigred7987

QuoteHe has to get on a better team.These idiots have no idea what they have.They should play him at QB for a game to see how a real QB reacts under pressure.
The Jaguars are a good team and I'm thinking they will win the wild card in the AFC.  Anyone else see where DB's were closing in on matt jones on the small routes and leaving other guys wide open.  I saw that at least 3 times...why pass it to matt when for some weird reason they double cover him and leave Wilford or another WR wide open. 

HogFather

October 10, 2005, 03:46:14 pm #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 03:48:31 pm by HogFather
Quote from: Tomcat on October 10, 2005, 12:51:42 pm
Quote from: HogFather on October 10, 2005, 12:44:58 pm

That's a good one.  Thanks for the comic relief... :D

Seriously, MJ might have the nerves, but not the arm to make a high calibur NFL QB...
I never implied anything about MJ being an NFL quarterback.  But if you think Leftwich is such a great quarterback then you are entitled to your opinion.  All I can say is WOW to that.  But, if you think their is not politics in the NFL, then you are wrong.