Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Jones is not going to have a chance

Started by BARCH, October 03, 2005, 09:05:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BARCH

The reason is that he is not getting the looks. If you watch the break away receivers in the NFL - T.O., Moss, Rice - all of them have great QB's with great offensive lines. The jags have NO line, and Leftwhich stays in the pocket longer than he should, and then accompanied by throwing into double coverage trying to make a play. It is going to be rare to see MJ get many deep balls, because by the time he gets down field his QB is tackled. Jones has the ability we all know about - but if the ball doenst reach him he isnt going to have a chance to be successful. :razorback:

hawkeyefan17

Jones does need to see the ball more. The Jacksonville offensive line has to give Byron Leftwich more time in order for that to happen though. Matt not getting the ball as much is not totally a reflection on Leftwich. Who cares if he's a rookie, get him the ball.

You are right on the money, BARCH

ReturnToDynasty?

The Jaguars offense is just as horrible to watch as the Hogs.  I hate the Jags now because they prove that they aren't committed to winning.  Give the ball to Matt you idiots.  It doesn't take a genius to see that last year the Jags had a horrible offense, and they haven't improved this year despite going after an offensive star in the 1st round of the draft.  They don't let their 1st rounder do anything...in that case it was a waste to draft Matt if they weren't going to use him. 

Adam Stokes

clemensrules01

Rice a great receiver? he is retired.  should have said that a couple of years ago.

Buff

BARCH

So you are saying since Rice is retired he isnt or wasnt a great reciever with a good QB's and o-lines? My point was that he had a cast with him and leftwhich doesnt.

razorson

MJ should  be  QB! He would  make it exciting to watch much like M Vick. Defenses would have problems trying to defend him.Can't do any worse than Leftfoot who's been piss poor.Talk about hiding a weapon of mass destruction  Del-rio reminds me of Saddam!

the donger

He might be fast, but he is too slow off the snap to run a route and get down field. I like Matt, don't get me wrong, but be objective and watch closely. Probably better off putting on the pounds and become a T.E..

BARCH

You are right about getting off the ball. I think you will have to re-evaluate that next year, once the trainer's check the film and take him into the off-season training. BUT, he is slow getting off the ball, but if you watch closely, within a second he is back running with the rest of the receivers, he  moves fast enough to do that. You are right, if he gets off the ball quicker he will be even more of a threat.