Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shawn Andrews

Started by litmachog, September 26, 2005, 08:47:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Anyone been watching the Eagles to know how Shawn Andrews is doing?

redsnapper

Watched him last week. He looked GREAT!

WILL CLINTON

I saw him against Atlanta, he looked like a 300+ lb o-lineman. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

bholz82

I watched them yesterday and the announcers made a comment about how they listed him at 340+ in the program and that how Andy Reid said he actually was more like 380+.  But they said they had never seen a man his size that could run as well as he does.  Oh yeah he had quite a few good pancake blocks

bulldog04

The Big Kid ,as the Eagles call him, is doing awesome. I would almost rather watch him than T.O. and Donovan.  He does pretty good in a west coast offense when he is more suited for a running team.  He next ex-Hog to make the Pro Bowl.

WILL CLINTON

"You would almost rather watch him than T.O. and Donovan."  You would rather watch a freakin o lineman block than one of the most dynamic QB/WR combos in the NFL?  You must love watching the hogs play.  Houston is that you?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 26, 2005, 01:07:48 pm
The Big Kid ,as the Eagles call him, is doing awesome. I would almost rather watch him than T.O. and Donovan. He does pretty good in a west coast offense when he is more suited for a running team. He next ex-Hog to make the Pro Bowl.
Yesterday they made a comment on his sprint running abilities and how he is leading the pack.  Also they were amazed at the way he was able to move around and his footwork.  Lots of positives.

BigPapaHawg

BIg Shawn has been impressive so far, with his size and speed he should be a great O-lineman in the NFL!
WOO PIG

Lando Calrissian

In the few mins of the Eagles' game that I got to watch, I saw him flatten his man more the 3 times.

So yes, he does look good.

So did David Barrett with the Jets, and even Ahmad Carroll made a good play (for once).

I didn't see any part of the Seahawks game, nor the highlights, but I'm willing to bet Ken Hamlin took somebody's head off at some point in the game.

Matt Jones had his man beat by more than 5 yards & was wide open for the game winning touchdown, only to have the ball severly underthrown at him.

How Nutt didn't win consistently with these guys baffles me.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Hog6

He looked good and the announcers were very positive. I was actually surprised he played.  I checked the Philly website before the game and it listed Andrews as "unlikely to play" or similar language... listed him as having an injured shoulder.  Great to see him getting the attention.

Ben Steiger

Batman did really well.

Too bad he tripped, or he'd be a real hero today.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

GrizzledHogFan

I watched the Eagles-Raiders game, and thought Shawn played very well.  Apparently the announcers thought so too, as they were very complimentary of him.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

94 Hawg

David Barrret (NYJ) made an incredible play Sunday, stripped the RB of the ball, ran to the ball , picked it up and brought it back apx. 10-15 yds. Fantastic effort :o

Shawn Andrews is awesome, along with the rest of the Eagles!  8)
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers