Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here we go Steelers, here we go..

Started by Boared, September 11, 2005, 06:31:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boared

September 11, 2005, 06:31:51 pm Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 06:39:28 pm by Boared
At least one of my teams gave me something to be happy about this weekend. Willie Parker went wild: 166 yards rushing, 48 yard reception and a TD. Ben R. had a perfect QB rating, erasing some of the doubts I had towards the end of last year and pre-season. What did some of my fellow Steeler fans think about opening weekend? Congrats to the Saints, by the way. I'll be rooting for you (not your bastard owner) the rest of the way.

[attachment deleted by admin]

HogRoller

GO STEELERS!!! With all of the talent that we have this very well could be our year. I also had doubts about Roethlisberger during pre season but i think he looks great and hopefully the talks with Dan Marino helped him.

94 Hawg

I'm pullin for the cross-state rivals this weekend vs the patriots!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Boared

Even if they beat the Pats, it doesn't mean anything until Cowher beats Belicheck (sp) when it matters. They beat them soundly last year during the regular season and were then embarrassed in the AFCC game. They finally have a speed back who can also hit the whole up the middle quickly. It would be nice if they actually used the TE more in the passing game. It kind of reminds me how Nutt uses TE's. Either way, I don't think the outcome of today's game will matter very much.

Macgyver_Hawg

Boared

What pisses me off is that everytime NE plays PIT, they (NE) have guys out due to injuries. They're constantly short-handed and have to patch together a secondary. The Steelers can never take advantage of it (last year they won as NE was w/o Dillon & Law). Ben looked like crap during most of the game and waited too late to crank things up. ARE should be ripped for his complete brainfart in the 1st quarter. What a dolt. If they score there, they gain some serious momentum. The Pats may not have the biggest # of marquee players in the league, but they are far and away the best-coached team in the NFL.

Macgyver_Hawg

That lateral was so stupid.  That's a high school mistake.
They aren't the globetrotters but think they can pitch it off any 'ol time against the Patriots?

Ben can look very good and very bad in the same game, can't he?

What a horrible sports weekend for me.

Boared

I said it when Plex left that letting him go was a huge mistake. ARE isn't a starter. He's a 3rd receiver at best.

Macgyver_Hawg

Brady is too good for the Blitz.  You'd think Ben could dump the ball off quick.
I thought they had scored too quickly.  I'd never say that except when you play the Patriots.

94 Hawg

well, the chargers sure figured them out :D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Boared

Although I root for the Eagles b/c of Shawn Andrews, you guys don't have alot to gloat about. I remember this one game last year where Donavan was running out of breath...