Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite NFL Player of All Time

Started by Boared, July 02, 2005, 10:30:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boared

Since there's a post regarding fave player in the NFL (and all of the responses so far have been regarding current players), who is your favorite player that's ever played?

ledhead830

Charles Haley/Jay Novacek/"Moose" Johnston
the underappreciated but key members of the 90s Super Bowl teams
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

WilsonHog

Randy White, a defensive tackle for the Cowboys. There were few better, ever, than the "Manster."

Strange, though. Billy Ray Smith is one of my favorite Razorbacks of all time, yet I remember virtually nothing frm his career with the Chargers.   

RebelliousHog

Being a Packer backer, my 1st instinct is to go that way, BUT, I'd have to go with Dick "I dreamed I tore his head off." Butkus.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

DOGALUM

Bo Jackson for me.   Enjoyed watching him play football more than anyone else.  Wasn't to shabby on the diamond either.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Boared

I tried to think of just one, but I'd have to say my favorite player(s) would be a tie between 3 Steelers:

Jack "Splat" Lambert, Greg Lloyd, & Hines Ward.

Tideboy

Roger Stauback, John Hannah (OG for Patriots), Derrek Thomas, Cornelius Bennet, and Reggie White.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

Hoggysoprano

My favorites were Barry Sanders, Bret Favre, Otis Taylor, Johnny Robinson, Ronnie Lott, Walter Peyton, Herb Aderley, Ray Nitschke, Joe Namath and Mike Singletary.

Tideboy

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on July 03, 2005, 08:12:21 pm
My favorites were Barry Sanders, Bret Favre, Otis Taylor, Johnny Robinson, Ronnie Lott, Walter Peyton, Herb Aderley, Ray Nitschke, Joe Namath and Mike Singletary.

I forgot about Singletary.  Awesome linebacker.  Who could forget the EYES?
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

WilsonHog

Never saw him play live, but add Packers' guard Jerry Kramer to my list.

DillNisWillN28

Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Ronny Lott and John Elway.  I love to watch all these players but my number one is still going strong!!!

TOM BRADY!!!  Im from Maine what can I say EAST COAST BIAS!!! 

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PennHOG

Fellow alumni Terry Bradshaw. 

Randy White may be a close second.

And now Matt Jones  :D
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

rricha

O . J. Simpson, Emmitt Smith, Bob Lilly, cHUCK Howley, Jack Tatum, Bobby Moore, Ken Houston
Bubba Smith. and any player who payed for the cowboys

hogsgrl09

bret favre! and now matt of course
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

bigred1

being a COWBOY fan...you'd think it would be a COWBOY, but sadly no...My favorite is Joe Montana.
and of course Matt Jones

badmoon84

Earl Campbell  Warren Moon and of course Matt Jones

WindyCityHog

Roger Staubach.....a great QB and a genuine good guy. 

....followed by Mike Singletary, Emmitt Smith, Drew Pearson,and Ed "TooTall" Jones.....to name a few.

Buff

#9man

1.Matt Jones   
2.Tony Bua 
3.Bo Jackson

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bomis Hawg

Emmitt Smith.  Steve Atwater.  Now, Matt Jones.  Novachek was the man!  And, lastly, Aikman.

Broken Trigger

wow, my list is gonna sound a little like Boared's.  i would have to say Jack Lambert, Greg Lloyd, Terry Bradshaw, and John Stallworth.

ouachitahog

Porquemada

O.J. Simpson, Joe Ferguson, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Don Beebe - for what he did to Leon Lett. :D

ouachitahog

BigPapaHawg

Randy White and Darryl "MOOSE" Johnston!
WOO PIG

Inigo Montoya

Adam Stokes

Steve young.  The only rushing QB who averaged over a 100 passer rating.  People say Vick is good, but his passer rating is around 75  :-\.  I also like Jerry Rice, but he's the living Julio Franco of football, time to hang up the jersey.  (49ers fan)

Jerry_Cantrell

Jack Lambert.........the pic says it all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jerry_Cantrell

GrizzledHogFan

My favorites would have to be Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Tony Bua, and the latest and greatest: Matt Jones
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

arkhogball

Joe Ferguson was my favorite player 25 years ago, but now it has to Matt.

Ben Steiger

Brett Favre, Sweetness, and Reggie White.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

THROWITDEEP

Joe Montana!  But now it will be MJ.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Pig Squeak

Lester "the Molester" Hayes
Kenny "Snake" Stabler
Ronny Lott
Joe Namath
Bambi
Ray Nitchke

razorson

Uhommy U, Gale Sayers. Dick Butkus. Larry Czonka,Ronan Gaberial,Deacon Jones.Busk Bucannhan and Joe Furgeson.

razorson

boy my spelling sucks! Johnny U, Roman, Fergersen

clemensrules01

the funnest player to watch was martin gramatica after he kicked a field goal...

clemensrules01

brett favre, joe montana, and barry sanders are my favorites