Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Sam Houston St.

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 09, 2012, 06:31:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HawgJD

HawgJD

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

elksnort

Is the year going to continue the trend of guarding the three ball?

HawgJD

AR broke press easy and wasted some clock. Clarke fouled.

HawgJD

HawgJD

SHS missed an open three. Powell board and fouled. 27 seconds left

HawgJD

HawgJD

Clarke gets a great board off of another missed SHS trey (contested), and Clarke was fouled.

HawgJD

HawgJD

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

HawgJD

PonderinHog

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 09:07:56 pm
Clarke gets a great board off of another missed SHS trey (contested), and Clarke was fouled.
Great job with the PBP, JD.  You're about 15 seconds ahead of the Bearkat feed.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

lokopig

Dropkick

I guess you take a W any way you can get it with your top player out.

Willyboy

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 09, 2012, 09:09:46 pm
Great job with the PBP, JD.  You're about 15 seconds ahead of the Bearkat feed.

Yep, great job JD.  Another +1 comin up

checkraiser88

So how did we look? Of course we were without our best player.

Dropkick

TheShow

The only positive I'm taking from this game is the free throw shooting, need to get it together before next friday.

HawgJD

Thanks guys. I would've been hitting refresh on this thread constantly if I hadn't caved and gotten razorvision.

BigBen

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 09:09:09 pm
El Fin.
Great Job!!!! Much appreciated by those of us those of us too cheap to buy Razorvison

HawgJD

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 09, 2012, 09:11:34 pm
So how did we look? Of course we were without our best player.

We looked rough. Never could put our foot on their throats when they were down. BUT the new guys played a lot in this game. Clarke and Qualls were particularly impressive. We'll be a tough out with all our pieces and some seasoning to the team.

lokopig

A "W" is great....#25 FSU and #14 MSU lost tonight

lokopig

Willyboy

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 09:12:18 pm
Thanks guys. I would've been hitting refresh on this thread constantly if I hadn't caved and gotten razorvision.

I got it last year and forgot to turn it off for a few months after baseball.  Won't be doing that again LOL

HawgJD

Quote from: Willyboy on November 09, 2012, 09:16:12 pm
I got it last year and forgot to turn it off for a few months after baseball.  Won't be doing that again LOL

Please remind me that I don't need it next month. My usual site didn't have the game linked.

PonderinHog

HawgJD

As much as I love seeing UK lose, this isn't the same team we'll see  :(

RyeHogFan

My only concern is our perimeter defense.  We failed several times to get out to a 3 point shooter and also to keep their guards from penetrating.  Guards have got to work on getting in front of the ballhandler to prevent the opponents from penetrating, causing the defense to crash down into the post, and then kicking out for the 3 point.  Offensively, I'm not that worried since most teams have offensive struggles in the first game and BJ was out.  I hope that the perimeter defense makes a huge jump against Longwood.  More contested 3's and no one driving into the paint. 

Dominicanhog

can anyone provide a recap, box score for those of us who could not wach the game.. thanks.

razorhogfanatic

Good showing for the JC transfer Coty Clarke! Our free-throw shooting came through for us. Hopefully we can work on our perimeter defense. See you all in the Bud for the game against FAMU!

HawgJD

November 09, 2012, 09:42:46 pm #235 Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:44:24 pm by HawgJD
Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 09, 2012, 09:36:23 pm
can anyone provide a recap, box score for those of us who could not wach the game.. thanks.

Not to cop-out, but.. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323140008

As to impressions of the team... It looked like it was the first game of the season. Rough. But Clarke and Qualls showed why they've been hyped up. Powell wasn't hesitating at all. And Mickelson looked much improved.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 09:42:46 pm
Not to cop-out, but.. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323140008

As to impressions of the team... It looked like it was the first game of the season. Rough. But Clarke and Qualls showed why they've been hyped up. Powell wasn't hesitating at all. And Mickelson looked much improved.

thanks, I had checked cbs and it wasn't there. Did Bell do anything, there is not a box score.

pigture perfect

We didn't have Young. I believe he makes this game a blowout. I'll take the W.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HawgJD

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 09, 2012, 09:47:13 pm
thanks, I had checked cbs and it wasn't there. Did Bell do anything, there is not a box score.

Ah they had it during the game. Weird. He played minutes early. I remember him missing his first two threes. I don't think he got extensive time to be honest.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 09:50:41 pm
Ah they had it during the game. Weird. He played minutes early. I remember him missing his first two threes. I don't think he got extensive time to be honest.

thanks..

HawgJD

RazorSax

We'll be fine. I don't think anyone predicted a 30 win team. The most generous only expected 22-26. We will lose some games. However, we're going to win quite a few. I'd give not having BJ a -15 point handicap, if not more. With him in, the game changes completely. Many teams we'll play this year are going to form a game plan to try containing him. With no BJ, the game plans simplify greatly, as no one else poses a true threat at every spot on the floor.

The_Iceman

The lineup this year seems like its gonna be:

G-Madden
G-Young
G-Wade
F-Powell
C-Mickelson
6-Clarke
7-Scott
8-Qualls
9-Bell
10-Wagner OR Kiko
11-Williams

HawgJD

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 09, 2012, 10:34:17 pm
The lineup this year seems like its gonna be:

G-Madden
G-Young
G-Wade
F-Powell
C-Mickelson
6-Clarke
7-Scott
8-Qualls
9-Bell
10-Wagner OR Kiko
11-Williams

I'd push Wagner/Kikko up to 9, but yeah that seems accurate. Qualls may move up throughout the year and I'm still not sure how MA is going to use BJ (6th man w/starter's minutes or starter).

Justintime75

Quote from: Willyboy on November 09, 2012, 08:53:42 pm
Rebounds 35-17 to the bearcats.  That will NOT cut it in many games.  Hopefully we can get Hollyfield out of the game.

Welcome to what we saw for 5 seasons under MA at Mizzou. His teams never rebounded well. You get guys standing around outside the lane, ready to defend and no one crashing the boards. Was maddening.

BentonvilleJeff

I'd say we looked about like I expected. My first look at our team was tonight at the game. I think this team has a chance to be good. Not great but solid. I had heard Jacorey needed work but to me he looked like he has lots of potential. I like him. Some bigs we've had in the past had sloppy looking shots. Not him. He is smooth and his jumper was not bad at all. I liked his ability to take it to the rim on his first points as a Razorback. Loved Coty and Qualls. Coach has this program rising.

Danny J

Just back from the game and it had a very weird feel to it. We turned them over a lot but we were not able to get in transition. We also had sloppy play and gave up at one point three 3's in a row. I think we gave up a total of 8.

It is just a work in progress defensively. Again....we were slow rotating and out of position quite a bit. We are going to have to get that fixed.

It is quite clear to me that right now Clarke is our 3rd best player maybe 2nd. If he is coming off the bench that will be big time come SEC play.

Pig Latin

Quote from: Justintime75 on November 09, 2012, 10:49:50 pm
Welcome to what we saw for 5 seasons under MA at Mizzou. His teams never rebounded well. You get guys standing around outside the lane, ready to defend and no one crashing the boards. Was maddening.

good stuff...
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

latrops

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 09, 2012, 09:50:21 pm
We didn't have Young. I believe he makes this game a blowout. I'll take the W.

Probably so.  It's a win, it is only the starting point.  The one thing that concerns me at this point was being minus 10 on the boards.  They did make up for it with steals and blocks, but they really won this game based on the 32 to 6 free throw advantage.  Lots of room for improvement, which is to be expected at this point.

99toLife

Quote from: latrops on November 10, 2012, 08:26:19 am
Probably so.  It's a win, it is only the starting point. The one thing that concerns me at this point was being minus 10 on the boards.   They did make up for it with steals and blocks, but they really won this game based on the 32 to 6 free throw advantage.  Lots of room for improvement, which is to be expected at this point.

This will happen a lot with a MA team,  just try to keep it close to even and we will win many more games than we lose.