Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

well what now?

Started by alwaysondbigscreen, October 13, 2008, 03:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysondbigscreen

any guesses? personally I think the markets gonna waffle a lot, but the worst is over. Im gonna be buying every chance i get. 
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

SultanofSwine

I'd be curious about the opinion of others here but I am going to be very patient for the time being. Looks like a bear bounce and with earnings yet to come, I am not going to be in a hurry to do anything yet.

SultanofSwine

Bones are about all that's left... ;)

JAHOGS

I wouldn't be to quick to buy. Markets are down one day 800 then back up 800. The market is trying to get back to it's (suppose to be at) position. The market goes up today because these governments are willing to throw more money at the problem. I for one do not think this will completely solve the problem it is only pro longing the problem. We are in the middle of a recession and it will last for another year or two. The more government gets involved the longer the problem will last. Just my two cents though.

JAHOGS

The stock market is up 900 points simply on promises.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: JAHOGS on October 13, 2008, 03:41:18 pm
I wouldn't be to quick to buy. Markets are down one day 800 then back up 800. The market is trying to get back to it's (suppose to be at) position. The market goes up today because these governments are willing to throw more money at the problem. I for one do not think this will completely solve the problem it is only pro longing the problem. We are in the middle of a recession and it will last for another year or two. The more government gets involved the longer the problem will last. Just my two cents though.
I dont plan on 1 big buy, Im alloting (sp) myself so much per month. & I plan on buying what I already own, kind of a $ cost averaging deal.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

vandybuff

I do not own equities and have not for some 12-15 months.  All in all, I do not understand them as well as I do debt.  With that said, if I  were forced to make a equity-related trade tomorrow, I would buy distant, far out of the money calls and puts and take the Ron Popeil approach - "set 'em and forget 'em"!

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!