Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plus for Hogville

Started by HankHog, March 11, 2009, 01:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HankHog

I happen to have the ability to read a particular message board that is connected to a particular magazine.

With all of the happenings over the last few weeks around the basketball program and especially the last couple of days around the Henry situation one would expect to find on a paid subscription message board what might be considered "very reliable insider information".  I can tell you most definately that there is no inside information to be found.

If you really want to get an indication of what is going on then you have to come to Hogville.  I know that people get upset over cryptic messages but you need to understand that even with pieces of information we are miles ahead in the knowledge arena than the readers of the paid board that I am talking about.

Moderators please keep up the good work.  If someone will consistantly read the so called "cryptic" messages it actually is fairly simple to begin to put pieces together and figure out a story.

Baconator

Quote from: HankHog on March 11, 2009, 01:54:48 pm
I happen to have the ability to read a particular message board that is connected to a particular magazine.

With all of the happenings over the last few weeks around the basketball program and especially the last couple of days around the Henry situation one would expect to find on a paid subscription message board what might be considered "very reliable insider information".  I can tell you most definately that there is no inside information to be found.

If you really want to get an indication of what is going on then you have to come to Hogville.  I know that people get upset over cryptic messages but you need to understand that even with pieces of information we are miles ahead in the knowledge arena than the readers of the paid board that I am talking about.

Moderators please keep up the good work.  If someone will consistantly read the so called "cryptic" messages it actually is fairly simple to begin to put pieces together and figure out a story.

I agree. Some posters want the mods to give names and dates on a silver platter, and then dismiss the information once it's given to them.

Lanny

Quote from: HankHog on March 11, 2009, 01:54:48 pm

Our goal is to give information when we know it's accurate and remain FREE.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

guthhog

Three cheers for Hogville,  HIP HIP...
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

thirtythree

I don't think it's so much the "cryptic messages". I think it's more about "rumors" that have no factual basis. i don't think they should be posted, and if they are should be removed. We all know that "cryptic messages" are done the way they are for a reason. Rumors without fact can only lead to one thing, MORE TROUBLE.

thirtythree

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 11, 2009, 05:02:35 pm
So you think mods here just post things that aren't factual?

No. Not what I am saying at all. i'm not singling anyone person out. I'm saying anyone who posts rumors without factual basis should have that post removed. I'm sorry I didn't clarify my post.

WilsonHog

Quote from: thirtythree on March 11, 2009, 05:05:17 pm
No. Not what I am saying at all. i'm not singling anyone person out. I'm saying anyone who posts rumors without factual basis should have that post removed. I'm sorry I didn't clarify my post.

Rumors without factual basis are removed.

rzrbackrob

After reading Hogville for an number of years, the cryptic messages start to become more like a game and are fun to try and figure out. More often than not the information leads to facts that are in days or weeks known by everyone that follows the hogs.

Thanks Lanny and the other Moderators for keeping Hogville free!
Good is the enemy of great

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 11, 2009, 05:15:58 pm
After reading Hogville for an number of years, the cryptic messages start to become more like a game and are fun to try and figure out. More often than not the information leads to facts that are in days or weeks known by everyone that follows the hogs.

Thanks Lanny and the other Moderators for keeping Hogville free!

While it may be fun.  Putting part of  a story out there about a kid & letting the rumors run rampant doesn't seem very responsible to me...

thirtythree

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 11, 2009, 05:19:31 pm
While it may be fun.  Putting part of  a story out there about a kid & letting the rumors run rampant doesn't seem very responsible to me...

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 11, 2009, 05:19:31 pm

good point
Good is the enemy of great

HawgTide

I dropped my subscription to that site during their unending lovefest for Nutt.They had no problem ripping Stan Heath and throwing some players under the bus but HDN was off limits.The lack of inside info was a bonus.

HogKongPhooey

HankHog, When are we gonna have a Hog Lunch to discuss?