Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems

Started by yraciv, March 10, 2009, 10:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

I watched him play tonight on the dleague website.  He dropped a smooth 27 points, 12/21 fg, 7 ast, 6 reb, also added 2 steals.  This is his second game since being assigned to the dleague, and his 1st was just a good.  30 pts, 14/26 fg, 6 ast, 6 reb, 2 blk, 1 stl.  That work he got with the Nuggets has seemed to help him, and no way they'll be able to ignore him much longer.  I expect to see Sonny getting some real NBA minutes next season.

dfwhog22

Great post.... I agree and hope they don't ignore him for much longer also.  It seems like everytime I check hes putting up a game with similar numbers to this one.  Thanks for the update!

upperdeck_hawg

this will be better for him in the long run than sitting on the bench in the pros
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Foshodo

really lame how those stats in the league between college and pro's equals out to 2 points 2 turnovers on 1-5 shooting in 4 minutes at the NBA level...

it'd be really nice if the NBA had a true minor league system set up to guide players with obvious talent and coach them on their problem areas...

heathtits

Wait he got demoted again?

blacksuit

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 01:05:52 am
Wait he got demoted again?

The Nuggets seem to be doing pretty well without him. Not a knock on Sonny, just the reality that they have enough talent. Good to see him doing well in the d league. Weems just needs to work a little more, polish his game. He's got the size, shot, and athleticism.