Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have no freaking clue what to think anymore

Started by RazorHawg16, March 10, 2009, 05:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

I am so confused! I am trying with all I have to want to give Pel a chance!! It gets harder every day.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

lovetthog1

"All sickness is not death." Nolan Richardson. Long will make the right choice.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: lovetthog1 on March 10, 2009, 06:01:58 pm
"All sickness is not death." Nolan Richardson. Long will make the right choice.
We have had the death sickness for 10 years my friend.

lovetthog1

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 10, 2009, 06:04:06 pm
We have had the death sickness for 10 years my friend.

Yeah thats why the right decision needs to be made about Pel. I was just trying to be encouraging.

idiotghos

March 10, 2009, 06:11:05 pm #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:12:57 pm by idiotghos
I want to believe Pel is trying to do things the right way and that the players want to get their act together, but it's clear that there have been mistakes made, lots of them.  And ultimately that falls on the head coach.  I still would like to see him stay and right the ship, but with the way this team has collapsed I'm not going to shed any tears if a change is made.  Players intentionally tripping opponents and suspension after suspension is not something I want associated with Arkansas basketball.

newera

I feel that way everyday too man. After I got back from the Vandy game (which sadly I attended), I was all for cleaning house. But at the same time, I feel like if Pel gets rid of some people and turns the corner next year, he may still be the man we need. Obviously I have no power to change things either way, so I just have to trust that the leadership of the Athletic Dept. is going to do what needs to be done.

I don't think I'm going to consider us a basketball power, like most of us do, anymore. We are lucky to get into the tourney for all the years I've been a hog fan (which isn't many). I'm just going to hope that we can get back to getting to the tournament every year, and then we can worry about winning in it.

I just hope somehow that the Hogs can turn it around next year. With the current team or w/o, with the current coach or w/o. Go Hogs.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Boarcephus

I know what I think.  I think Henry is the first to bail on this ball team and I just have to wonder who, or if, there are others to follow.   I just have a feeling we may see more players follow him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rzrbackrob

I think Pel has a hell of a job ahead of him and he might get it done if given a reasonable amount of time. This is the same thought I had 2 years ago.
Good is the enemy of great

Boarcephus

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 10, 2009, 08:05:15 pm
I think Pel has a hell of a job ahead of him and he might get it done if given a reasonable amount of time. This is the same thought I had 2 years ago.

Let me ask you this....do you feel as good about him now as you did two years ago?   I was all on board with the hire two years ago but now, I'm not so sure.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

The Boar War

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 10, 2009, 08:05:15 pm

I think the job before him today is harder than it was back then.