Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dontell Jefferson

Started by AnthroHog, March 10, 2009, 03:49:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthroHog

Looks like he's getting signed by the Charlotte Bobcats.  He's doing pretty well in the D-League.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/03/bobcats-to-sign-dleague-point-guard.html

jkstock04

March 10, 2009, 04:04:21 pm #1 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:28:16 pm by jkstock04
Averaging 18 points a game...wow.  While he was here I don't think I ever saw him score over 10 points in one game.  I really thought while he was here he was one of the worst players we ever had... who contributed serious playing time that is.  He must have done a complete 180 when he left Arkansas....good for him.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

returntoglory

aristotle

As a person who played point guard all my life, I thought Dontell got a bad rap. Most of his turnovers were due to bad offensive timing and poor screen setting. Trying to beat a 5 sec dribble rule, he forced many turnovers. But do you know how difficult it is to set up an offense when the Bigs screen down before you even cross halfcourt with the ball, giving the wings' defenders the chance to get around and guard your wings? You're left with little option. The offensive sets ( timing, screens, etc ) were awful under Heath. Just awful. Dontell was the top PG out of Juco, and obviously had some talent we didn't know how to exploit.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: aristotle on March 10, 2009, 05:06:02 pm
As a person who played point guard all my life, I thought Dontell got a bad rap. Most of his turnovers were due to bad offensive timing and poor screen setting. Trying to beat a 5 sec dribble rule, he forced many turnovers. But do you know how difficult it is to set up an offense when the Bigs screen down before you even cross halfcourt with the ball, giving the wings' defenders the chance to get around and guard your wings? You're left with little option. The offensive sets ( timing, screens, etc ) were awful under Heath. Just awful. Dontell was the top PG out of Juco, and obviously had some talent we didn't know how to exploit.

i always liked his size for a PG and always wondered why Heath never went with a halfcourt trap to exploit the size of our wings and the shotblocking of our bigs.