Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthony Grant

Started by Positive Pete, March 10, 2009, 02:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Positive Pete

What is the possibility that he ends up at an SEC school next year?  No I don't mean AR even though I wish we could have hired him after Heath.  Any chance he goes to GA or AL?

Kevin

yes, i believe he will be in the sec next year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Hogfather

I would've liked to have him at Arkansas.  I wonder if he was ever considered....

He's going to be very good.  Hope he doesn't end up at Georgia or Alabama.

jackflash

If I was Georgia, I would take a long look at him. Just keeping the talent in state would improve this program.

Razorbacks_77

Grant was who I wanted. I think he is going to be special.

idiotghos

It may just be that he's holding out for some top-tier job to open up, but I remember last year that he said that he really likes it at VCU and intended to stay there for a while.  Whether he actually meant that or not is up for debate, but if he didn't get some offers to programs in better shape than Arkansas' last year, he will this year.

blyhog

We should have hired him 3 years ago and we prolly would
not be in this mess

psooie

I'd guess Grant moves up, bama or UGA. Now maybe that could solve a lot of problems, would it be wrong to suggest pel should look into replacing Grant at VCU?...could be a win for everybody...clearly there is a major problem with hog hoops at the moment and i don't see how it gets fixed next season with the team coming back. Thus, pel probably won't make it till year 4...now if he goes to VCU, its a program with a solid record of winning, so pel could post some wins there and in a few years land another big job...heck win enough and maybe UK would hire him at some point.

FSguy38

Quote from: jackflash on March 10, 2009, 03:02:34 pm
If I was Georgia, I would take a long look at him. Just keeping the talent in state would improve this program.

I would too, I think Capel to Georgia is a (crack) pipe dream.

jackflash

Its going to be interesting to see if Georgia or Alabama has any problems in hiring Head Coaches. Of course money talks. But what if they do?

PorkRyan

Quote from: jackflash on March 11, 2009, 10:51:59 am
Its going to be interesting to see if Georgia or Alabama has any problems in hiring Head Coaches. Of course money talks. But what if they do?

Neither job is that attractive.  Weak facilities, football runs the show, little tradition, etc.  If either of those schools can land a decent coach, we should have no problem at all.

solitons

jackflash

PorkRyan you maybe right. But i don't think their going to settle for a decent coach?

PorkRyan

Quote from: jackflash on March 11, 2009, 11:02:05 am
PorkRyan you maybe right. But i don't think their going to settle for a decent coach?

Bama might get Mike Anderson because of his ties to that area.  I could see UGA ending up with Grant.  Those would be two great hires if they could pull them off.  I'd be shocked if either school could do better. 

jackflash

You may be right on Anderson to Bama. I like Grant to UGA, but see them trying to get a big name. because they went with a up comer with Felton?

Rocky Mountain Living

IF UGA doesn't get Capel...they will hire Grant.  Grant is their second choice....

FSguy38

Quote from: PorkRyan on March 11, 2009, 10:56:35 am
Neither job is that attractive.  Weak facilities, football runs the show, little tradition, etc.  If either of those schools can land a decent coach, we should have no problem at all.

Going to a school where football is king to coach basketball for an up-and-comer isn't necessarily a bad thing. When football is king, it means there's less pressure for the basketball team to produce big revenue and usually a little more patience exhibited by the AD who'll allow you time to produce results.

Bubba_Hog

Quote from: blyhog on March 10, 2009, 07:23:20 pm
We should have hired him 3 years ago and we prolly would
not be in this mess
Yeah because we were picked to win the SEC and National championships this year.  Mess??  Gimme a break.  You know Jimmy Johnson had troy aikmen and michael irvin his first year too don't you.  Hell that was 2 thirds of the triplets and they didn't even make the playoffs????  What a horrible coach.  They would have definitely been better off with chan gailey in the very beginning.
Hey buddy, why don't you go grab daddy a cold one outta the fridge!