Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Be Happy you dont have Billy Gillespie!!!

Started by MountieDawg, March 08, 2009, 07:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

He has taken UK to an all time low...  His record isnt much better, not a single good win, his players hate him, he has 2 guys ready for the NBA and could not game coach better than an idiot...  There I have said it, Houston Nutt was a better football game coach than Gillespie is in a basketball game... And I think Nutt was awful!  I root for both teams but Gillespie is just pathetic, he told Meeks not to shoot yesterday and Meeks at the free throw told the guy guarding him what the coach said.  I think the players dislike him more than me, if thats possible!!!
SEC!

Merle Hawggard

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

husker71

And he has the 39th rated class coming in. 

rzrbackrob

I'm glad KU got BG and hope they hang on to him for a long time. Between Pel and BG, I would rather have Pel.
Good is the enemy of great

MountieDawg

BG is Bobby Knight with no coaching ability.
SEC!

hawgsav1

I wasn't impressed with the BG hire.  I thought Tubby, despite some of the underachievement was a better fit than Gillispie.  I know he's only had 2 years at Kentucky, but missing the NCAA's in your second year and having a team that is even worse than your first is not a good sign for him.  I don't see him being in Big Blue land very much longer.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

heathtits

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 08, 2009, 09:06:50 pm
I'm glad KU got BG and hope they hang on to him for a long time. Between Pel and BG, I would rather have Pel.

Bill Self is the coach of KU. Billy coaches at UK.

UK seems to be having some serious issues but I'd take 8-8 over 2-14 on a silver platter.

Bad_Intentions

Quote from: heathtits on March 08, 2009, 10:31:20 pm

UK seems to be having some serious issues but I'd take 8-8 over 2-14 on a silver platter.

What he said
WPS!!

cityhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 08, 2009, 07:50:39 pm
He has taken UK to an all time low...  His record isnt much better, not a single good win, his players hate him, he has 2 guys ready for the NBA and could not game coach better than an idiot...  There I have said it, Houston Nutt was a better football game coach than Gillespie is in a basketball game... And I think Nutt was awful!  I root for both teams but Gillespie is just pathetic, he told Meeks not to shoot yesterday and Meeks at the free throw told the guy guarding him what the coach said.  I think the players dislike him more than me, if thats possible!!!

yeah, and Pel is taking us to heights unseen before.  sheesh.

moses_007

Quote from: cityhog on March 08, 2009, 11:08:47 pm
yeah, and Pel is taking us to heights unseen before.  sheesh.

Heights?  I thought it was new lows.  We finished the season in sole possession of the SEC West cellar.

hawgsav1

Quote from: moses_007 on March 08, 2009, 11:12:01 pm
Heights?  I thought it was new lows.  We finished the season in sole possession of the SEC West cellar.
I believe that was sarcasm

upperdeck_hawg

yes 8-8 is a lot better than 2-8, but as has been posted, UK has a first rounder (Patterson) and a second rounder (Meeks) playing for them.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hawgsav1

The Boar War

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 08, 2009, 09:06:50 pm

I'll take whatever is behind door number 3.

solitons

Quote from: heathtits on March 08, 2009, 10:31:20 pm

me too

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 09, 2009, 11:13:40 am
Could he really do much worse than a 2-14 conf record here?

Only that he'd possibly run off some players before the season ended. He's done it every year so far at UK.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Boar War

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 09, 2009, 11:25:46 am
Only that he'd possibly run off some players before the season ended. He's done it every year so far at UK.

And you don't see any players leaving after the season for Arkansas?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The Boar War on March 09, 2009, 11:40:54 am
And you don't see any players leaving after the season for Arkansas?

Maybe. All speculation at this point.

But there's a difference in players quitting midseason (Crawford, Stewart) and leaving afterwards.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Boar War

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 09, 2009, 11:43:49 am
Maybe. All speculation at this point.

But there's a difference in players quitting midseason (Crawford, Stewart) and leaving afterwards.

Thats true.  My personal belief is that Henry will be gone.

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on March 09, 2009, 11:52:55 am

Don't forget Washington.

I hope we don't lose anyone unless the attitudes between coach and players is so bad it is necessary or if we are hiding criminal activity or other damaging acts.  BCG is likely a decent coach, not as good as many think nor as bad as many think, much like our BB coach.  What we all seem to easily forget is that there isn't dozens of highly successful BB coaches in D1.  It doesn't take long when naming them to get to the second tier.  Donavan is likely the only first tier coach in the SEC and he is at the bottom of the first tier.  Pel and BCG are at the bottom of the 2nd tier or the top of the third tier mostly because they haven't been around long enough to move higher.

idiotghos

Gillispie probably will have Kentucky back decent (probably not their definition of decent) if given a few years, but there are LOTS of coaches that could've had a better record with the players he had this year.  I've seen some Kentucky fans who defend him by claiming if you take out Meeks and Patterson they have the worst collection of basketball players ever assembled, which is a total delusion. 

SeeingRed13

Quote from: The Boar War on March 09, 2009, 11:52:55 am

This would also not surprise me.

HawgWild

hawgsav1

Quote from: HawgWild on March 09, 2009, 01:24:16 pm
UK AD says NIT bid would be accepted

Where are we going?

We ain't done squat in more than 10 years.  Kentucky hasn't missed the NCAAs since 1991.  Big difference.

catfanNar

Quote from: idiotghos on March 09, 2009, 12:36:24 pm
Gillispie probably will have Kentucky back decent (probably not their definition of decent) if given a few years, but there are LOTS of coaches that could've had a better record with the players he had this year.  I've seen some Kentucky fans who defend him by claiming if you take out Meeks and Patterson they have the worst collection of basketball players ever assembled, which is a total delusion. 
I guess you haven't watched us very much then. Take away Meeks and Pat and that team couldn't compete in the Sun Belt