Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you can, please watch the women's SEC Championship game tonight ESPN2 - 6:30c

Started by vandybuff, March 08, 2009, 10:38:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Auburn (a great team with 6' 4" and 6' 7" forwards) versus Vandy (with our 5' 9" center - yeah, really).

thank you!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Breems

Wow that is some mismatch, maybe it will wind up like the game when Magic Johnson stepped in at Center, good luck.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

vandybuff

Quote from: ImissBrewer on March 08, 2009, 12:13:50 pm
Wow that is some mismatch, maybe it will wind up like the game when Magic Johnson stepped in at Center, good luck.
The player is Jen Risper and she did well last night against two "about 6' 3" LSU players ----- but (with repect to the bayou cats) the plains Tigers are a better team - #6 nationally.

hoglady

I was at that game and watching Vandy play was a thing of beauty.
Outstanding coaching, fantastic game plan and a group of very smart basketball players. I don't know who was the MVP, but in my book it was #2 for Vandy - she flat shut down the SEC regular season MVP who looked to be a foot taller than her.
Plus they played the entire tournament with basically a 6 girl rotation.

Great job by Vanderbilt.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

vandybuff

Here is the site:
http://vucommodores.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/vand-w-baskbl-body.html

and the roster:
http://vucommodores.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/vand-w-baskbl-mtt.html

Yes, we are very, very very proud. 
Thank you so, so much for your kind words and support!

btw, in the 'vote for Wirth' link, you might notice that the Dartmouth selection is a Batesville, AR student - great job!

hoglady

Thanks for the links.

I will be rooting for them in NCAA tourney. If they play as well as they did in this tourney they should go far.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

vandybuff

Quote from: hoglady on March 09, 2009, 10:22:04 am
Thanks for the links.

I will be rooting for them in NCAA tourney. If they play as well as they did in this tourney they should go far.

Thank you so!  We also will be cheering for you and all the conference members  (let's see .... does that include TN ... ah, ... ah ... haha). Yes everyone!

hoglady

Quote from: vandybuff on March 09, 2009, 01:19:48 pm
Thank you so!  We also will be cheering for you and all the conference members  (let's see .... does that include TN ... ah, ... ah ... haha). Yes everyone!

I never have liked TN, but after going to all 3 SEC women's tournaments here I've got a newfound respect for their fan base. Do they ever travel to support that team. (I did go to sleep Thurs, Fri and Sat night with "Rocky Top" still blaring in my head, though).
I will root for ALL the SEC schools in the NCAA and WNIT.

vandybuff

Quote from: hoglady on March 09, 2009, 04:57:23 pm
I never have liked TN, but after going to all 3 SEC women's tournaments here I've got a newfound respect for their fan base. Do they ever travel to support that team. (I did go to sleep Thurs, Fri and Sat night with "Rocky Top" still blaring in my head, though).
I will root for ALL the SEC schools in the NCAA and WNIT.
I was joking above - anyone must respect TN for their accomplishments - in the years that I have followed them they have put over a hundred fantastic student / athletes on the floor.  And they support the Lady Vols tremendously!  I do not know how long you have been traveling to SEC tourneys, but you should go when they are the top seed - ticket sales are phenomenal.

hoglady

Quote from: vandybuff on March 09, 2009, 05:08:41 pm
I was joking above - anyone must respect TN for their accomplishments - in the years that I have followed them they have put over a hundred fantastic student / athletes on the floor.  And they support the Lady Vols tremendously!  I do not know how long you have been traveling to SEC tourneys, but you should go when they are the top seed - ticket sales are phenomenal.

I've been to the 3 SEC tournaments at Alltel in North Little Rock.
Tennessee has had fabulous fan support all 3 times. I was rooting for TN over Auburn in the semi's, cause I wanted their fans at the final game.
3 years ago if was an LSU / Tennessee Final - that was alot of fun.

vandybuff

As I am sure you know, for many years the women's program sold more tickets than the men's.