Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance of "pulling a Georgia" in the SEC tourney?

Started by NuttinItUp, March 07, 2009, 07:02:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia was about as bad last year as we are this year; Any chance we can do what they did in the SEC tournament last year?

Yes, there is a slim chance
48 (39%)
No, there is no chance
71 (57.7%)
Unsure
4 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 116

NuttinItUp

Any of you guys giving us a chance of a terrible Hog team doing what a terrible (arguably worse in the pre-season) Georgia team did last year?

DOGALUM

There is always a chance.  That's why they play the games.  That's why sports....college sports especially....are so great.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

TMc

Hot_Town_Hog

Without question the answer is yes. Will it happen, most likely not given our inability to even win 2 in a row in the SEC. But, it is possible.

My keys to why/how it can happen.

- There is not a dominant team in the SEC that is clearly better than everyone else.

- The Hogs must play with the same intensity and determination as they did against Georgia. That was a team effort and the defense was very scrappy. Refuse to lose was the attitude.

- Henry must play and be a big factor.

- Guard the 3!!

- Make 3's!!!

- This team has shown it can play with anyone, it's just a matter of finishing the game which could happen if the team plays with intensity and really wants to win.

- Take the attitude as it is us against the world and play for pride and leave it all on the floor.

MakeMeOink

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 07, 2009, 07:02:23 pm
Any of you guys giving us a chance of a terrible Hog team doing what a terrible (arguably worse in the pre-season) Georgia team did last year?
the same chance that you have in hitting the Lotto tonight in Arkansas.....comprende' ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

NuttinItUp

Lol, you guys crack me up; I bet everyone saying no would have said the same thing about Georgia last year.

Hot_Town_Hog

About the same chance everyone gave the Hogs to beat OU and Texas.   ;)

TMc

Yes, but Georgia had good guard play and some inside guys.., which we have zero inside game, save Washington and no one to go along with him.  We are no way similar to Georgia last year.  Don't bet on them staying more than a night. This team is done.

threeNout

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 07, 2009, 07:02:23 pm

Heck ya there is a chance, I'm not betting on it, but there is a chance.

I've been waiting for the SECT for weeks now, because that is where whatever chances we have lay, let's get it started already.

oklahogjr

i would say theres always that chance that by some miracle they all decide to play together...if they play together there isn't a team in the sec that will get within 10 of them.....there is a reason why for the most part we usually lead at halftime and get up and then everything falls apart...i say the university brings in the champs again to help the team get ready for the sect and someone tell fortson he should shoot less pass more and tell clarke that he shoots well enough to throw up 20 a game...and for the love of god bench welsh cuz you can't see the basket with your head that far up your @$$
lets go bowlin

chiefsfan

In the end, we have the same chance at the NCAA tournament as 7 of the other 11 teams in the conference

There is always a chance.   Catch a break here or there.  get hot at the right time.  Who knows.    I think our chances are greater of going out in the 1st round against a much more talented Florida team playing almost a home game.  but theres no way of telling for sure
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

imhogwild2

i give us a 1 in 12 chance... but of course i give every team a 1 in 12 chance.  :razorback:
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

NuttinItUp

Quote from: imhogwild2 on March 07, 2009, 08:57:36 pm
i give us a 1 in 12 chance... but of course i give every team a 1 in 12 chance.  :razorback:
I'd certainly take an equal 1 in 12 shot. Unfortunately, I think most of them have a better shot at it than us.

Smokehouse

nah, I'm going to be there this year which means the likelihood of something amazing happening is greatly decreased.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

WilsonHog

Because no one knows the future there is a chance of anything.

There is a chance that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to find Jennifer Anniston in my bed, but I don't think I need to waste much time thinking about that happening.

vandybuff

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 08, 2009, 09:36:49 am
Because no one knows the future there is a chance of anything.

There is a chance that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to find Jennifer Anniston in my bed, but I don't think I need to waste much time thinking about that happening.

............. but don't you wonder if Jennifer is thinking the same about you? 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: vandybuff on March 08, 2009, 09:38:19 am
............. but don't you wonder if Jennifer is thinking the same about you? 

Talk about non-productive time...

Hogimus Prime

there's a better chance of Carrie Underwood asking me out.

HogBreath

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 07, 2009, 07:34:40 pm
Without question the answer is yes. Will it happen, most likely not given our inability to even win 2 in a row in the SEC. But, it is possible.

My keys to why/how it can happen.

- There is not a dominant team in the SEC that is clearly better than everyone else.

- The Hogs must play with the same intensity and determination as they did against Georgia. That was a team effort and the defense was very scrappy. Refuse to lose was the attitude.

- Henry must play and be a big factor.

- Guard the 3!!

- Make 3's!!!

- This team has shown it can play with anyone, it's just a matter of finishing the game which could happen if the team plays with intensity and really wants to win.

- Take the attitude as it is us against the world and play for pride and leave it all on the floor.
We ain't doing real great winning one in a row.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

vandybuff

My team did this at Georgia ---- the only problem with 'leaving it on the floor' is that then someone has to 'come and scoop it up'.

elksnort

About as much chance of my rollerskating down Caraway Road shirtless, wearing speedos, carrying a sony walkman.

athunt

Seeing as how we have lead every team that is in the tournament I think we have one of the better shots of anybody to win it. With that said, I dont think we have the heart or the head to put together 2 good halfs, much less 6 straight halfs to make it to the final game
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

threeNout

I'm ready to start the take Nolan to Tampa petetion.

He can pack four suits for Pel.

We are 2-0 when Nolan is around, the only 2 SEC games we won was when Nolan was in the building.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

USAF Hog

If it was so easy to pull together, why didn't it happen more during the season? I'm hoping to hear an almighty "POP" here in England. Maybe someone can extract their head.

vandybuff

Quote from: imhogwild2 on March 07, 2009, 08:57:36 pm
Oh, so this year it is being done by lottery?  Great!  What a load off my mind --- I was afraid we would be required to play another team!!!!

NuttinItUp

HOGSWEAT

How about this. I put down 5 on the hogs to win it all... if they dont, you get 5, if they do... i get 500? :-)

Snouty

As much chance as Rush Limbaugh being the keynote speaker at the 2012 Democratic National Convention!