Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robert Glasper 2016 PG

Started by FineAsSwine, January 17, 2014, 10:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

Is averaging 21 pts and 8 assists a game for the Forrest City Mustangs.  Saw him drain around seven treys against Nettleton tonight.  I have been hearing talk about how good this kid has been playing and I was impresed. Needs to put on some weight but I think he bears watching.

Anybody else seen him play? If so,  opine please.

Razorod

Thanks for the notification. Will be interesting to watch his development.

2016 has Malik Monk, Adrain Moore, and Mitchell Smith (Van Buren big) already. Could be a great in-state class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mhuff

January 18, 2014, 11:18:18 am #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:07:39 pm by mhuff
Quote from: Razorod on January 18, 2014, 08:43:44 am
Thanks for the notification. Will be interesting to watch his development.

2016 has Malik Monk, Adrain Moore, and Mitchell Smith (Van Buren big) already. Could be a great in-state class.

Razorod, how good is Mitchell Smith?

When I last saw F.C. play ayear ago, their guard play was horrendous. Thompson earned everything he got over rebounds while the guards selfishly shot without success or turned it over. They might have beaten weak teams ,but I was impressed with Thompson's patience. Here he is asking for the ball inside and the guards are ignoring him and squandering away opportunity after opportunity. The ball should go in before it is shot outside. F.C. was playing good competition in the Rumble, but they did not run anything that impressed me. It was one of those scratch your head nights.

Fine, those numbers look good.  I will contact people there and get their opinion. Those numbers are very good. I saw the assists number and put on the breaks. Excellent

immahog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 17, 2014, 10:02:07 pm
Is averaging 21 pts and 8 assists a game for the Forrest City Mustangs.  Saw him drain around seven treys against Nettleton tonight.  I have been hearing talk about how good this kid has been playing and I was impresed. Needs to put on some weight but I think he bears watching.

Anybody else seen him play? If so,  opine please.

what are his Measurables?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Razorod

Quote from: mhuff on January 18, 2014, 11:18:18 am
Razorod, how good is Mitchell Smith?

When I last saw F.C. play ayear ago, their guard play was horrendous. Thompson earned everything he got over rebounds while the guards selfishly shot without success or turned it over. They might have beaten weak teams ,but I was impressed with Thompson's patience. Here he is asking for the ball inside and the guards are ignoring him and squandering away opportunity after opportunity. The ball should go in before it is shot outside. F.C. was playing good competition in the Rumble, but they did not run anything that impressed me. It was one of those scratch your head nights.
I'll let RazorAg weigh in on how good he is. I just have heard his name mentioned quite a bit. 6-8ish PF type, started as  freshman I believe for Van Buren.

mhuff

Quote from: Razorod on January 18, 2014, 11:59:23 am
I'll let RazorAg weigh in on how good he is. I just have heard his name mentioned quite a bit. 6-8ish PF type, started as  freshman I believe for Van Buren.

RazorAg gets around. I definitely respect his opinion. Even so beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really have to see a player three or four nights. THX.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: immahog on January 18, 2014, 11:26:59 am
what are his Measurables?

5' 11" 150 lbs. Only 15 yrs old so he could add a few inches and lbs. Like his athleticism and court awareness. Can't wait to see how he performs in the State tourney.

FineAsSwine

Update on Glasper's stats from today's ArDemGaz: 18 pts 5assists per game.

The_Iceman

How is Thompson doing this year?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Razorod on January 18, 2014, 11:59:23 am

Best player that will ever come thru Van Buren. And there's been 2 players from VB that have played with the Hogs.

Needs to put on some weight but what high school sophomore that's 6'9" doesn't? He's already dominating.

Razorod

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on January 26, 2014, 12:37:21 pm
Best player that will ever come thru Van Buren. And there's been 2 players from VB that have played with the Hogs.

Needs to put on some weight but what high school sophomore that's 6'9" doesn't? He's already dominating.
Very good to hear. Hope he's a Hog in a few years.

mbgrulz

I saw Smith play the other day, and he is legit. He looks 6'9" and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to 6'11". He just has the look of a kid still growing. He is HIGHLY skilled. Great passer...scored with his back to the basket in 1 on 1 situations...dunked the ball with authority.

FineAsSwine

mbgrulz

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 26, 2014, 10:36:55 pm
Does he run the floor well?
Yes! Very much so.

He is a very mobile 6'9". He comes out on the perimeter often. I didn't see him taking any shots, but he would pop out to relieve pressure. and looked comfortable passing and catching out there.

He has improved a lot since last year. If he keeps it up, he'll be one that we need to get. He still needs to pack on a few lbs of muscle, but like someone said above, what 15 year old that is 6'9" doesn't?

The_Iceman

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 27, 2014, 07:32:08 am
Yes! Very much so.

He is a very mobile 6'9". He comes out on the perimeter often. I didn't see him taking any shots, but he would pop out to relieve pressure. and looked comfortable passing and catching out there.

He has improved a lot since last year. If he keeps it up, he'll be one that we need to get. He still needs to pack on a few lbs of muscle, but like someone said above, what 15 year old that is 6'9" doesn't?

Malik Monk, Adrian Moore, De'Ron Davis, and now Mitchell Smith.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 27, 2014, 07:32:08 am
Yes! Very much so.

I'd like to know what his FT shooting percentage is. I've been to 4 games and I bet he is at least around 75%. Has a very smooth stroke from the line.

He has the softest hands that I have seen for a sophomore. I do hope this year he works on his jumper and weight in the off season. I don't know if he is playing AAU ball or not.