Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 SF Dikembe Dixson (B-Ball)

Started by -Blu, December 15, 2014, 09:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Visits Mississippi State this weekend. Scheduled for Fayetteville next weekend.

We'll see if we can get him on campus. I still think we have a good shot at him, but I'm more uneasy than I was now that I see he's getting more interest post-test score.

Ebuka Izundu visits that same weekend of the 8-10.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 29, 2015, 03:50:44 pm
Visits Mississippi State this weekend. Scheduled for Fayetteville next weekend.

We'll see if we can get him on campus. I still think we have a good shot at him, but I'm more uneasy than I was now that I see he's getting more interest post-test score.

Ebuka Izundu visits that same weekend of the 8-10.

So we have an Izundu visit with Dixson?

Nevermind i hadn't been to RF.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 29, 2015, 04:12:21 pm
So we have an Izundu visit with Dixson?

Indeed.

Big weekend of the staff.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 29, 2015, 04:13:40 pm
Indeed.

Big weekend of the staff.
Yep...we are going to see what they are made of. Things we can offer:

Immediate playing time
New practice facility
Coming off round of 32
SEC player of the year
27 win season

Now....if we can't out recruit Bama or MSU then that solidifies my opinion on the ability of our staff as a whole when it comes to recruiting. Only thing MSU and Bama can offer is immediate playing time with nothing and I mean nothing to boast about. It simply means we need better recruiters on staff. I understand I am putting the cart before the horse but I have no confidence in this staffs ability to close on key players late in the game. None.

azhog10

Izundu by himself is a huge haul. Get him, Dixson, and a guard and that's a huge pull

z1on

If we can get Izundu and two of Outlaw, Dixson and Frazier this would be a great class.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: z1on on April 29, 2015, 10:44:23 pm
If we can get Izundu and two of Outlaw, Dixson and Frazier this would be a great class.

Truth

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: azhog10 on April 29, 2015, 09:32:38 pm
Izundu by himself is a huge haul.

I've never seen the kid play. 'Huge' as in he would start for us at the 4 from day one, this coming season?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Iceman

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 30, 2015, 08:35:21 am
I've never seen the kid play. 'Huge' as in he would start for us at the 4 from day one, this coming season?

I'm not sure where Izundu fits in. To me, he looks like another Moses Kingsley. Unless they think either Moses or Thompson can slide down and play some 4, then he would just join in with those two in fighting for minutes at Center.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 30, 2015, 09:13:58 am
SIAP: Izundu update.

http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2015/04/29/update-on-tennessee-target-ebuka-izundus-recruitment/

More video:

https://vimeo.com/105619931

I know his high school coach was quoted in that article trying to make the Tennessee audience feel better, but it really does sound like signing Kasongo hurt their chances with Izundu.

And.....Texas Tech? Okaaaay......

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 30, 2015, 09:20:39 am
I know his high school coach was quoted in that article trying to make the Tennessee audience feel better, but it really does sound like signing Kasongo hurt their chances with Izundu.

And.....Texas Tech? Okaaaay......

If immediate playing time is a big priority, Texas Tech may have the biggest advantage. Unless he can play the 4, he has some competition here with Thompson and Kingsley.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 30, 2015, 09:22:33 am
If immediate playing time is a big priority, Texas Tech may have the biggest advantage. Unless he can play the 4, he has some competition here with Thompson and Kingsley.

247 Sports, Verbal Commits, Hudl, and ESPN all have him listed as a PF.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 30, 2015, 09:26:01 am
247 Sports, Verbal Commits, Hudl, and ESPN all have him listed as a PF.

The video doesn't look like a PF to me. Looks like Moses Kingsley in terms of size, athleticism, and abilities.

Swinesong1

2015 Mingo (WV) G @Ddixson_35 has cut his list to Arkansas, Alabama and Mississippi State, per his Twitter.

NLRHog92

Would really rather have Frazier. Wonder if Dixon and Frazier are a possibility? I know that Izundu is visiting, but he could choose elsewhere, as could Outlaw.

Swinesong1

Quote from: NLRHog92 on May 03, 2015, 07:39:37 pm
Would really rather have Frazier. Wonder if Dixon and Frazier are a possibility? I know that Izundu is visiting, but he could choose elsewhere, as could Outlaw.
Based on?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: NLRHog92 on May 03, 2015, 07:39:37 pm

We all love Frazier. But until he gets eligible with that test score there is nothing else we can do.

NLRHog92

hawginbigd1

Doing some google on him, looks like UK and UCONN were in on him as a Sophmore, wonder what happened with that.

Swinesong1

Dixson not only has outstanding skills on the court, but he has a 3.6 GPA and has already scored a 20 on his ACT test.

RazorAg

Quote from: NLRHog92 on May 03, 2015, 09:47:11 pm
Highlights.

Have you seen anything more recent than 2013 on Dixson? I haven't.

NLRHog92

Quote from: RazorAg on May 04, 2015, 01:16:41 pm
Have you seen anything more recent than 2013 on Dixson? I haven't.

I guess I haven't, so my preference is based on what I saw recently with Frazier. Dixson may very well be better, and it's great that he's known to qualify. I'm just hoping for some good news on Frazier's end. But then again, I was also hoping we would land Allen, so there's that.

jry04

Looks like Dixson has eliminated us, or we eliminated him. He is visiting Alabama this weekend, and Mississippi State next weekend.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2015, 02:32:57 pm
Looks like Dixson has eliminated us, or we eliminated him. He is visiting Alabama this weekend, and Mississippi State next weekend.

Hopefully the latter and because we feel good about a better option. Dixson was, in my opinion, the lowest we should have gone for a scholarship player.

EDIT: Or maybe this is a product of Thomas' signing. Staff might not have wanted both of them on the roster next year ('16-'17).

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 02:33:54 pm
Hopefully the latter and because we feel good about a better option. Dixson was, in my opinion, the lowest we should have gone for a scholarship player.
I do not disagree on that. I have heard we may have good news in the future, but tend not to believe anything I am told when it comes to recruiting or "insiders." Hopefully this is setting it all in motion. It will be interesting to see how this class fills out. Hopefully we can get the big man who was committed to Charlotte this weekend.

Hawg Red

Hopefully this means the staff feels good about (or knows it will get) a visit from LeGerald Vick, who would have to be our top priority at this point. Vick and, if not him, Ty Outlaw.

klp1

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2015, 02:39:47 pm
I do not disagree on that. I have heard we may have good news in the future, but tend not to believe anything I am told when it comes to recruiting or "insiders." Hopefully this is setting it all in motion. It will be interesting to see how this class fills out. Hopefully we can get the big man who was committed to Charlotte this weekend.

I wonder if someone is coming in this weekend other than Izundu?

jry04

Quote from: klp1 on May 05, 2015, 03:10:46 pm
I wonder if someone is coming in this weekend other than Izundu?
Not that I have heard, but who knows.

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2015, 03:11:25 pm
Not that I have heard, but who knows.

Give the deli at Harps a call, they'll have the scoop.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 02:33:54 pm

EDIT: Or maybe this is a product of Thomas' signing. Staff might not have wanted both of them on the roster next year ('16-'17).

Even before the Thomas signing RD and Dudley was saying Dixson didn't have an offer and wasn't sure on the visit.  My thoughts are, based on what we've been hearing in recruiting is the staff is looking to take 1 Transfer, 1 Wing, and 1 Big.  We've got our transfer, and we know Izundu is currently scheduled for a visit.  I'm guessing we'll hear soon if Ty Outlaw, LeGerald Vick, or another wing will visit.  Also, I'm hearing we're not as out of the race for Allen as most think.

Hog and Eggs

For as much as people were freaked out, right or wrong, about our lack of options after Portis and Qualls left, we have the chance to get a really great class. Obviously, Kapita and Whitt are a reason to be excited, Thomas has some skills, if we can finish with Izundu and Outlaw/Vick or even Frazier. This will end up being a really solid class.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on May 05, 2015, 03:39:29 pm
For as much as people were freaked out, right or wrong, about our lack of options after Portis and Qualls left, we have the chance to get a really great class. Obviously, Kapita and Whitt are a reason to be excited, Thomas has some skills, if we can finish with Izundu and Outlaw/Vick or even Frazier. This will end up being a really solid class.

We have no room for error in terms of the finish with these final spots. Thomas was a good add. We'll see about the others, but options are limited.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on May 05, 2015, 03:28:35 pm
Even before the Thomas signing RD and Dudley was saying Dixson didn't have an offer and wasn't sure on the visit.  My thoughts are, based on what we've been hearing in recruiting is the staff is looking to take 1 Transfer, 1 Wing, and 1 Big.  We've got our transfer, and we know Izundu is currently scheduled for a visit.  I'm guessing we'll hear soon if Ty Outlaw, LeGerald Vick, or another wing will visit.  Also, I'm hearing we're not as out of the race for Allen as most think.
If you are right where does Allen fit in at 6'3?  The wing? Would he and Whitt fit?  Seems like they both play the 2 spot. I don't think Allen is in CMA's plan at this moment or I hope not.  We need a Wing and a Big as you said to compliment what we have already on this team.  I also hope we can get Vick in for a visit.  Wonder when we see something happen there?  Could he visit this weekend?  Hope so.

Hawg Red

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 05, 2015, 03:42:57 pm
If you are right where does Allen fit in at 6'3?  The wing? Would he and Whitt fit?  Seems like they both play the 2 spot. I don't think Allen is in CMA's plan at this moment or I hope not.  We need a Wing and a Big as you said to compliment what we have already on this team.  I also hope we can get Vick in for a visit.  Wonder when we see something happen there?  Could he visit this weekend?  Hope so.

No worries about Whitt and Allen being able to play together. Both are combo guards and could start with each other. If need be, Whitt, with his 7-foot wingspan, could start as a 3rd guard along with Allen and Beard. Both are solid (Allen) to great (Whitt) defenders. I agree that a big and a wing are more needed, but I don't think you can turn down a backcourt talent like Allen if you can really get him. Very important for in-state recruiting and Mike Anderson teams thrive with great guard play. Whitt and Allen would be the two most talented guards on the roster immediately.

But I still don't believe KeVaughn has much real interest in Arkansas. I really hope he does, and my outlook on next season would improve if he signed, but I just don't believe it.

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 03:42:17 pm
We have no room for error in terms of the finish with these final spots. Thomas was a good add. We'll see about the others, but options are limited.

No room for error would mean that we only have one good option for both spots. From my perspective, that isn't necessarily the case. We have a number of really good options here. As you say, we'll see how it finishes. But, I feel good about where we are.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on May 05, 2015, 04:02:10 pm
No room for error would mean that we only have one good option for both spots. From my perspective, that isn't necessarily the case. We have a number of really good options here. As you say, we'll see how it finishes. But, I feel good about where we are.

What other good big men options do we have outside of Izundu?

The_Iceman

I wonder if the staff has backed off a little on Dikembe since Vick and Allen have recently become available? Wouldn't want to fill that spot before you get an answer from those two.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 05, 2015, 04:05:56 pm
I wonder if the staff has backed off a little on Dikembe since Vick and Allen have recently become available? Wouldn't want to fill that spot before you get an answer from those two.

No doubt.

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 04:03:24 pm
What other good big men options do we have outside of Izundu?

You're right on that. I've heard Alexander's name tossed around, but I don't know how good he is. I guess I should say that I feel good about where we are at for the other spot.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on May 05, 2015, 04:09:43 pm
You're right on that. I've heard Alexander's name tossed around, but I don't know how good he is. I guess I should say that I feel good about where we are at for the other spot.

I'd prefer a big and a wing, but we get a wing (Vick or Outlaw) and Allen, I'd fall to the feet of the recruiting god that is Mike Anderson.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 04:10:48 pm
I'd prefer a big and a wing, but we get a wing (Vick or Outlaw) and Allen, I'd fall to the feet of the recruiting god that is Mike Anderson.

If we get Allen/Vick ("A-V") and a big:

PG: Beard / Whitt / Durham
G: Bell / Hannahs
G: Watkins / A-V
F: Williams / Kapita or Miles / (Thomas - Redshirt)
C: Kingsley / Thompson or 2015-Post

jry04

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2015, 02:39:47 pm
The good news I was referring to...

Well if this Allen news is true is starting to look better. Starting to look like we may have a legit shot at flipping him.

Hog and Eggs

So are we pretty much convinced that Frazier is not going to qualify?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on May 05, 2015, 04:54:48 pm
So are we pretty much convinced that Frazier is not going to qualify?

Pretty much. If he reclassified to 2016 or goes JUCO, I'm sure Arkansas will follow him closely.

GoHogs1091

I presume one of the reasons why Mississippi State and Alabama are recruiting Dikembe Dixson is to increase their chances of landing his Cousin, Montrell.  Montrell is a 2016, 6'6" Shooting Guard who will probably be at least a 4 Star (could very well be a 5 Star).

We may land someone who is perceived to be better than Dikembe, but Montrell makes it "a tough decision" to stop recruiting Dikembe.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 05, 2015, 03:46:50 pm
No worries about Whitt and Allen being able to play together. Both are combo guards and could start with each other. If need be, Whitt, with his 7-foot wingspan, could start as a 3rd guard along with Allen and Beard. Both are solid (Allen) to great (Whitt) defenders. I agree that a big and a wing are more needed, but I don't think you can turn down a backcourt talent like Allen if you can really get him. Very important for in-state recruiting and Mike Anderson teams thrive with great guard play. Whitt and Allen would be the two most talented guards on the roster immediately.

But I still don't believe KeVaughn has much real interest in Arkansas. I really hope he does, and my outlook on next season would improve if he signed, but I just don't believe it.
You can never had enough great Guards. It always seems Villanova always has3 great Guards on the floor at all times. That is a nightmare matchup for teams. Great Guards control the game in so many ways. Allen, Whitt & Beard could be a great foundation for the Razorbacks for the next 3/4 years.
I love off season Football!!

Sow Lancelot

"Arkansas will not bring in small forward Dikembe Dixson .... for a visit this weekend." Per RD this a.m.

Hmmm.  Wonder what that means.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Big Nasty 34

Hopefully good news for s better prospect.

nwahogfan1

Pretty solid recruit so CMA must have some better recruits to pick from.  I hope so because I thought Dixon would be a good player in time.  Thin but good athlete.  Maybe suspect shooting the ball from the perimeter was his down fall.  Don't know?

Well, I would love to get a older player at the SF spot who can help us immediately.