Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 09:10:23 am
Playoff baseball tonight.....

Anybody ready?

Oakland at Kansas correct?  Oakland has sucked, they could either start from scratch or go right back to where they were.  Not sure?

StuartDavin

In the 2nd half of the season, Oakland went 2-5 against KC. Worth noting though...those 2 wins were both started by Lester.

onebadrubi

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 30, 2014, 09:19:32 am
In the 2nd half of the season, Oakland went 2-5 against KC. Worth noting though...those 2 wins were both started by Lester.

Who did Lester pitch against?  Where were the 2 wins?

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 30, 2014, 09:15:47 am
Oakland at Kansas correct?  Oakland has sucked, they could either start from scratch or go right back to where they were.  Not sure?

Probably gonna ride KC again...

StuartDavin

For me, Lester's playoff numbers/experience override the fact that Kansas City is the hotter team right now. 2.11 ERA in 76.2 innings.

KC fans have been waiting for a playoff game for 29 years though, so it's going to be crazy there.

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

SPAL

Taking KC -110 tonight

Its a good day to bet baseball.

SPAL

Adding u6.5 tonight

Its a good day to bet baseball

yraciv

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 09:10:23 am
Playoff baseball tonight.....

Anybody ready?

Hell yeah! It's the only time of year I bet baseball, just too many random benchings and questioning if teams want to win night in/night out for my liking before October.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 02:44:36 pm
Adding u6.5 tonight

This is what my research says is the popular bet. 

I took the U off what my research says and tailed you on the pick.  Lets go KC 3-2

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 30, 2014, 04:55:30 pm
This is what my research says is the popular bet. 

I took the U off what my research says and tailed you on the pick.  Lets go KC 3-2
Sounds good.

Hawgndaaz

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 30, 2014, 05:33:54 pm
tailing you guys on the royals

Aw chit, we all go one way and there is no one on the other side of the seesaw, we screwed!  haha

Hawgndaaz, how was that sweet in jerry world?

SPAL

onebadrubi

SPAL

KC has a dynamic bullpen....we just need to get to the late inning with it tied at 2

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 08:17:32 pm
Got the lead back...now stop scoring.

I got a feeling we are going to lose the O/U bet buddy

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 30, 2014, 08:24:33 pm
I got a feeling we are going to lose the O/U bet buddy

Bite your tongue. Not until the fat lady is belting out chords

SPAL

Funny that small ball tied the game. Extra innings would have moaned and groaned about that call.

Hawgndaaz

Suit was great. One of friends showed up with ronnie brewer. Talk about a classy guy. Went to college at u of a when he was there but never got to hang around him.

We went through 4 bottles of goose, 2 makers, 2 crown, 3cases of beer...

The Jerry world staff finally kicked us out almost 2 hours after the game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 08:34:20 pm
Funny that small ball tied the game. Extra innings would have moaned and groaned about that call.

Haha!  You mean the van horn way!  That's what I call it now.  I'm ready to see our new found bats this year with that new baseball! 

SPAL

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 30, 2014, 08:39:41 pm
Suit was great. One of friends showed up with ronnie brewer. Talk about a classy guy. Went to college at u of a when he was there but never got to hang around him.

We went through 4 bottles of goose, 2 makers, 2 crown, 3cases of beer...

The Jerry world staff finally kicked us out almost 2 hours after the game.

Dang... And you lived to tell about it. Better man than I am. Sounds like a good time, save the losing part.

SPAL

Now you can call it a day. Brandon freaking moss.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 09:00:42 pm
Now you can call it a day. Brandon freaking moss.

That was bad managing to bring in Ventura with the three closer style pitchers in waiting.

SPAL

Yeah pretty much....

Back to the drawing board. I'll do better tomorrow

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 09:16:30 pm
Yeah pretty much....

Back to the drawing board. I'll do better tomorrow

Ha.  It's me and baseball...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 30, 2014, 09:07:07 am
No line, no WR's, nothing to assist Brady.  He can be all world yet amendola, lafelle, and edlman are all 3rd and 4th best options. 

And yet the game was still an anomaly. 
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

September 30, 2014, 09:48:47 pm #7478 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:02:35 pm by DadVader1
I'm pretty much screwed for the next week or two.  The guy doing thepredictiontracker had a hard drive crash, and it sounds like it's unlikely that he'll be back up and running quickly.  I'm trying to figure out how to independently retrieve the data from the power rating systems, but there are a LOT of them, and I'm buried with other obligations, so life is getting in the way of my investing.  It's frustrating because we are JUST hitting the sweet spot of the season when it comes to the size of the data sampling.  After last weekend, a couple of my favorite trends were hitting at 15-0 & 42-10, with a few at 95% with 20 occurrences, a few with 80+% with over 30 occurrences, and a few at 70+% with over 50 occurrences.  They never seem to hit at those rates after I find them, but they always seem to keep hitting well above average.  I sent him a small donation before learning about his hard drive crash and sent him much more after learning about his misfortune.  Keep your fingers crossed that he gets back up and running quickly.

onebadrubi

SPAL

Can't believe KC came back and won this game. Wow.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 01, 2014, 10:39:22 am
Can't believe KC came back and won this game. Wow.

Haha I stayed up watching that dang thing!  Praying for the push - juice.  I'm thinking pirates tonight and it's even money!

yraciv

I'm on the Pirates tonight for my first MLB play of the year.

SPAL

Pirates -105 tonight.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 01, 2014, 02:07:06 pm
Pirates -105 tonight.

Whose got the balls to take the cards over Kershaw?  I'm thinking about it...

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

SPAL

Quote from: Spikes on October 01, 2014, 06:13:39 pm
Pitt Under 6.5 tonight..  2 units

Not a bad selection. I would lean that way myself. Just don't like it enough to play it.

onebadrubi

4-0 not good, I just turned it on but Volquez is still in.  Maybe they can climb out.  I took the O.

SPAL

One of those cases my gut said San Fran, but my brain said Pitt.

StuartDavin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 02, 2014, 04:14:31 am
One of those cases my gut said San Fran, but my brain said Pitt.

After witnessing that wild card game last year in Pitt, I probably would have been all over the Pirates if I bet baseball.

onebadrubi

Back to football we go!  Anyone taking any action tonight?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2014, 07:44:16 am
Back to football we go!  Anyone taking any action tonight?

Staying away from Thursdays for a little while. 0-3 Thursday record.

onebadrubi

I'm thinking taking the U and + on Arizona/Oregon game.  Not quite sure on NFL because of Bridge"wetter" as he was refered to this morning on either mike and mike or cowterd. 

DadVader1

I managed to manually retrieve and enter data from a handful of the rating systems to piece together a few decent trends.  The spreadsheets like Arizona tonight, but I'm just not a fan of RichRod so tend to shy away from taking AZ.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 02, 2014, 09:25:41 am
I managed to manually retrieve and enter data from a handful of the rating systems to piece together a few decent trends.  The spreadsheets like Arizona tonight, but I'm just not a fan of RichRod so tend to shy away from taking AZ.

My thoughts are oregon is awful on the O line.  Washington St showed how to move the ball on their D and I think all oregon has going for them in tonights game is home field and Mariotta.  If it was PK I would take Oregon, just don't think Oregon can blow out AZ by mid to high 20's.  Also Zona will throw and play fast tempo till late in the game when if oregon is up big they will run it and waste clock. 

Got any spreadsheet info for the NFL game?

DadVader1

After a few years of winning on Saturday and losing on Sunday, I finally learned my lesson and quit playing the NFL, so I don't track it any more.

oldman1015

does anyone else think bama at -6 is easy money?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

onebadrubi

Quote from: oldman1015 on October 02, 2014, 10:04:47 am

No such thing as easy money when odds are at stake.  But, I'd take it.  I do think though that Bama will face it's toughest defense to date when they play at Ole Miss.  You also have to consider that Vegas tends to give home team a 7 point advantage.  That means do you see Bama a -14 team at home in this game?  Also this new bama QB has not taken a snap in a hostile environment.  Will be a good game to watch. 

Melorock089

Any plays tonight?

These look intriguing.
UCF @ Houston -3
Arizona +24 @ Oregon

widespreadsooie

Quote from: oldman1015 on October 02, 2014, 10:04:47 am

I like OM, especially if it gets to 7.