Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wake Forest Game

Started by NC_Hog_Fan, November 29, 2015, 10:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_Hog_Fan

Any other Hog fans headed to the Wake Forest game? Living in NC, we don't get many chances to support Razorback teams so you can bet we'll be there!!

ncrebel

I'll be there.  Looking forward to it.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

TomBigBeeHog

I'll be watching on TV. Hopefully there will be a few more specks of Cardinal and White scattered through the arena. Hope you the Hogs give you guys lots to cheer about. Wish I could be there to scream and holler for our guys. They need the support right now.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

ncrebel

I got 4 tickets in the lower level of the Joel Coliseum.  Only downside is we are in the corner.  I thought the tickets were a bargain, directly from the Wake Forest ticket office.  WF has sucked recently but they appear to be on the upswing this year.

I haven't been to a Razorback basketball game since the early 90s, back when I use to live in Fayetteville.

We will be there wearing Cardinal red.  Go Hawgs! 
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

wheelspigharvey

Will be watching from Fayetteville.  Will be a much needed win.  Go Hogs.

gothogon

I have 3 tickets in section 106 behind the Hogs. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: gothogon on November 30, 2015, 07:26:43 pm
I have 3 tickets in section 106 behind the Hogs.

Cool. I always scan the screen to see how many Hog fans I can spot behind the bench. Hope the guys give you a lot to cheer about.  :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

NC_Hog_Fan

Not sure yet where we'll be. Waiting to see if we'll be sitting with the Hogs but if not, we'll sit down low with the WF staff and visitors. WF section is a done deal but holding out hope to sit with the Razorbacks.

Sitting on the floor for the NC State-Michigan game tomorrow night.....always good to have friends on the coaching staff!!

elksnort

How does Wake Forest look this year? They were on the other night, but I did not pay much attention to them.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2015, 04:49:51 pm
How does Wake Forest look this year? They were on the other night, but I did not pay much attention to them.

Best guard is out with a broken foot. 

5-2 losses to Rich and by 22 to Vandy

Have some players of quality with size.  We'll see if Moses can manage to not foul out and if our interior defense can improve.   

Not a good 3pt shooting team right now although they have a couple who can hit 3's.  Have to identify them in transition which is an area we struggle. 

They turn the ball over about as frequently as Stanford does who also was short a guard due to injury.

In win vs IU, outrebounded IU by 13 including 18 offensive rebounds

In the Vandy loss, shot horribly- 3-18 from 3 and 16-40 from 2

Last couple of wins vs UCLA and Rutgers, FT line advantage played a big role. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: NC_Hog_Fan on December 01, 2015, 12:15:02 am
Not sure yet where we'll be. Waiting to see if we'll be sitting with the Hogs but if not, we'll sit down low with the WF staff and visitors. WF section is a done deal but holding out hope to sit with the Razorbacks.

Sitting on the floor for the NC State-Michigan game tomorrow night.....always good to have friends on the coaching staff!!

Hope you get your wish to sit with our guys but either way, great seats! Woo Pig!  :razorback:

AirForceHog

I want to be there so bad but alas I work night shift.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

sshawg

So, if I'm reading the TV schedule right, we're regulated once again to the laptop.  For Wake Forrest.  Really. I'm beaning to miss the Razorback network

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: sshawg on December 02, 2015, 09:22:28 pm
So, if I'm reading the TV schedule right, we're regulated once again to the laptop.  For Wake Forrest.  Really. I'm beaning to miss the Razorback network

Lots of cheap ways to get ESPN online stuff on your TV especially if you have a smartphone.  Chromecast was a life saver 30 or so bucks one time and you can watch all kinds of stuff, or if you have like an XBox you can get the ESPN stuff that way.  I'm using Sling and Chromecast together and have an antenna for local stuff and I pretty much catch everything I want. 

HOGinNC

I'll be there in section 106. Looking forward to it. Haven't seen hog ball live since we beat iu in the tourney and then got smoked by unc.

Jonteviosk

Guys how long is Trey Thompson out for?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Biggus Piggus

Wake Forest is 5-2 with road wins at Bucknell and Rutgers, plus victories over Indiana and UCLA at the Maui Invitational. Losses were to Richmond and Vanderbilt.

Wake Forest's last game was against Rutgers, which had lost by 2 to St. John's (a bad team), by 10 to Creighton, and by 18 to Clemson.

Wake Forest, on the road, defeated Rutgers by 1. The main players for Wake were PF Devin Thomas -- 23 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocks, but also 7 turnovers -- and G Mitchell Wilbekin, who had four treys.

The Demon Deacons shot 5-18 outside, 18-40 inside, not good numbers. Also had 18 turnovers. They gave up 24-59 inside, low %, but Rutgers had 16 offensive boards to compensate. Rutgers also shot only 3-15 from outside.

The only Wake Forest players averaging more than 30 minutes per game are

G Bryant Crawford (6-3 frosh) -- 39% 3-pt shooter, 3+ assists but as many turnovers, poor shooter inside the arc.

G Mitchell Wilbekin (6-2 soph) -- 40% 3-pt shooter, poor shooter inside the arc.

The Deacs suspended F Cornelius Hudson and G Rondale Watson for the first five games. Hudson hit a baseline shot to win the Rutgers game.

Four players started every game so far:

PF Devin Thomas (6-9, 245 sr) - 18 ppg, 11 rpg
SG Wilbekin
C/F Konstantinos Mitoglou (6-10, 245 so)
SF Greg McClinton (6-7, 200 so)

G Crawford started six games, F Hudson (6-7, 195 so) one. Wake Forest started one guard and four bigs against UCLA; Crawford missed the game with an injury.

Wake scored more than 80 points in most of its games. The team has enough depth to maintain a good tempo. It's not been a good shooting team on average, because a couple of players (Mitoglou, Hudson included) have taken a number of 3-point shots without making many. They depend heavily on Thomas.

This game has all sorts of matchup issues. Thomas and Moses Kingsley seem like a very good matchup. Wake has two good outside shooters, and the Hogs have been bad at perimeter defense. The Deacons turn over the ball, something Arkansas wants to force. Wake has not been a great perimeter defensive team, and you know the Razorbacks can hurt that.

Wake Forest starts three bigs and two guards. Arkansas prefers two bigs and three guards. The true small forwards of Wake could give the Hogs a lot of trouble.

My guess is the game depends on which team does best on the offensive boards; which team wins the 3-pt shooting contest; which player gets in foul trouble first, Kingsley or Thomas; and whether Arkansas can make the leaky Deac guards gush turnovers.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Thomas will go for 25 and 12 against us. And one of their guards will have a career day.

TomBigBeeHog

I thought Devin Thomas was gone. That guy has a really nasty streak. He knocked Keaton down during a game last year and for a second I thought Qualls might hit him with a right cross.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2015, 09:25:45 am
Thomas will go for 25 and 12 against us. And one of their guards will have a career day.

So we win by 1. Raggedy walk beats a smooth ride.

elksnort

Thanks for the information ATL and Biggus.

Looks like we might have a shot at winning.

Of course it would not surprise me to see Wake's 3 point shooting to look like the 2nd coming of Steph Curry.