Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Stanford game reminded me of...

Started by Razorback_2007, November 27, 2015, 10:06:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_2007

Last year's game with Clemson. We led almost entirely throughout, even up by 9 or 10 at one point in the 2nd half. However, even with a lead of 6 with a minute to go we blew it. As I recall there was a pivotal t.o. to win it in regulation that produced nothing constructive, just an absolute ignorant looking play/shot.
Loses like today are hard to swallow because it's a case of finding the same old ways to lose a ballgame.  No poise whatsoever. Just dribble around and force a contested dumb looking shot time and time again. I'm a MA man for the record but I don't give him a free pass. With a coaching staff paid like ours you have to expect a win here and you need get riled up if you care at all. :razorback:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

Danny J

We have also won some close games over the last couple of years also...

It really boils down getting better players. You can't keep recruiting MAC players and other projects and expect them all the be a Michael Qualls. At some point we are going to have to recruit better players. I think next years recruits are a good start. Need to finish to finish off the class with some big men who are equally as impressive.

Dr. Starcs

Reminded me of the time my appendix ruptured.

hogsanity

reminded me of a lot of games. Hogs come out hot, opponent goes zone, Hogs go to sleep. Mike NEVER has an answer for a zone defense. And even worse it impacts the Hogs on defense too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

Quote from: Danny J on November 27, 2015, 10:31:11 pm
We have also won some close games over the last couple of years also...

It really boils down getting better players. You can't keep recruiting MAC players and other projects and expect them all the be a Michael Qualls. At some point we are going to have to recruit better players. I think next years recruits are a good start. Need to finish to finish off the class with some big men who are equally as impressive.

I'm convinced that getting the best JUCO players still isn't as good as getting the best freshmen. It's putting a bandaid on a chainsaw wound and those guys almost always never give you much until year two.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 28, 2015, 01:04:10 am
I'm convinced that getting the best JUCO players still isn't as good as getting the best freshmen. It's putting a bandaid on a chainsaw wound and those guys almost always never give you much until year two.
You are right....we definitely need to get some talented freshman and that means making nice with AAU coaches and handlers. It just does. No way around it. Otherwise we are getting the leftovers or waiting on players with connections to the staff or who have always wanted to be a Hog and that is not going to be a recipe for sustained success.

razorbackchamps94

Just not a very good basketball team .. No inside scoring at all will hurt us all yr.. If Hanhas and Bell are off a game we lose that game .