Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Durham the go to guy?

Started by hobhog, November 27, 2015, 06:46:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Last 30 seconds involved him dribbling down the clock and slinging a blocked shot. We then let their best ball handler drive for a layup, followed by a coaches technical. Ball game.

That's the microcosm of losing a big lead.....

Danny J

I have no idea but I doubt the play call was....dribble out the shot clock and then jack up a shot especially with Durham being that player. I am not bashing the kid but several times during that comeback he did basically the same thing. We need Beard back to help in that regard. We need a floor general.

Still though....that doesn't all the sudden make us a NIT team. It will help though.

hogman99

Heck, I would settle for a floor sergeant.

nwahogfan1

I think Durham is a good person and teammate but he is a below average quickness a shot to be a good SEC PG.  I do love his desire to pass first and score second but he scares me when he is being closely guarded because he can not burn the defense with his ability to get inside the paint.

I think right now CMA needs to develop Whitt to be the PG.  He is very quick and has the ability to get to the paint.  Now if he can learn to be an effective passer then I would give the offense to him to lead.   

hobhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 28, 2015, 12:07:18 pm
I think Durham is a good person and teammate but he is a below average quickness a shot to be a good SEC PG.  I do love his desire to pass first and score second but he scares me when he is being closely guarded because he can not burn the defense with his ability to get inside the paint.

I think right now CMA needs to develop Whitt to be the PG.  He is very quick and has the ability to get to the paint.  Now if he can learn to be an effective passer then I would give the offense to him to lead.

So did MA tell him to take the last shot? That's my question. He would be last on my list for that role but no one else touched the ball when it mattered most.