Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 09, 2024, 06:52:03 am

Coaching . . .

Started by TeufelHog, November 27, 2015, 03:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . maybe now we know why Monk committed to Kentucky.  Maybe his brother wasn't so far off the mark.

Arazorbackguy1

Because he's afraid of a challenge?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 27, 2015, 03:28:40 pm
Because he's afraid of a challenge?

He's got a challenge wherever he goes.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 27, 2015, 04:07:21 pm
Much less of one at UK
he doesn't realize just how small of a fish in a big pond he's about to become...life for Malik is about to change and in a hurry...those people up there expect excellence every game and when you actually do perform up to your capability, its, just an, "oh well, that's the way it's suppose to be" from the UK fans...if Malik enjoys adoration he's about to wake up to a new world
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 27, 2015, 04:07:21 pm
Much less of one at UK

Depends on the challenge. He's competing against future draft picks every day in practice, working against the best to be among the best, plus they have the now annual challenge of taking a freshman-dominated UK team and truly competing to win a NCAA title. What's the challenge at Arkansas? To simply take the team to the Dance? To be the biggest fish in a small pond and come out unscathed?

Sad, but true.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

revolution

". . . is over-rated." ~ says absolutely no one.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 27, 2015, 03:11:11 pm
. . . maybe now we know why Monk committed to Kentucky.  Maybe his brother wasn't so far off the mark.

No, not the issue at all. It was about which school would ensure the highest possible draft position for Malik. They pointed at the Portis example + Calipari's uber-connectedness vs. MA's invisibility in NBA circles.

Portis slipped in the draft. DeMarre Carroll (whom MA coached at Mizzou) was drafted 27th (which might have had something with the fact that he was diagnosed with a liver ailment a few weeks before the draft).
[CENSORED]!

MountieDawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 30, 2015, 07:12:25 pm
Depends on the challenge. He's competing against future draft picks every day in practice, working against the best to be among the best, plus they have the now annual challenge of taking a freshman-dominated UK team and truly competing to win a NCAA title. What's the challenge at Arkansas? To simply take the team to the Dance? To be the biggest fish in a small pond and come out unscathed?

Sad, but true.

There are no small fish in a big pond at Kentucky, there walk ins are treated like kings and are treated like whales to use your fish analogy.
SEC!