Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

21-1 run by Stanford is inexcusable

Started by Lanny, November 27, 2015, 01:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The_Iceman

An embarrassment to our program and to the legacy of Nolan Richardson.

hogman99

I agree, but not surprised. Get ready for a lot of games like that this year.

I feel sorry for the players, who play their butt off and are put in bad situations.

Atlhogfan1

The offensive possessions out of timeouts were awful.

Hogs outscored 60-39 after JD got the game slowed down with the zone and Stan started attacking our defense off the dribble. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TNhawgfan

agreed lanny, how some on here constantly defend ma is crazy
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

RazorWild

Lanny

Al Bundy

alohawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 27, 2015, 01:46:29 pm
An embarrassment to our program and to the legacy of Nolan Richardson.

Sure is and it. will. not. get. better. until. he. leaves.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GO

He's shown that when he has two NBA players and 3 years he can win one NCAA game. Not sure often he can recruit 2 NBA players.

Maybe a former Razorback will have a brother that is a great player. Surely we can get that guy.

Blutoblutarsky

This program is dead. No excuse in year 5 for missing every postseason tourney possible. Embarrassed that my family spends thousands every year to watch this crap. But I'll be at the home games. Because I have no choice at 30$ per ticket. Which is raised from 25$ last year. GARBAGE

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Lanny on November 27, 2015, 01:44:20 pm
100% on Anderson.  Pitiful

Agree. Lanny, how long this going to go on till we move on from the Nolan ERA

Lanny

Complete coaching Meltdown
Horrible play calling on timeouts
Piss poor defense, for gods sake pull off the pressure when the refs are blowing the whistle
Anderson looked like a peewee coach today

Al Bundy

hogman99

Quote from: Karma on November 27, 2015, 01:50:08 pm
He's shown that when he has two NBA players and 3 years he can win one NCAA game. Not sure often he can recruit 2 NBA players.

Maybe a former Razorback will have a brother that is a great player. Surely we can get that guy.

1 NBA player. Qualls is in the development league.

hog golf

As a peewee coach referenced above, now you've gone too far.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

alohawg

Quote from: Lanny on November 27, 2015, 01:52:14 pm
Complete coaching Meltdown
Horrible play calling on timeouts
Piss poor defense, for gods sake pull off the pressure when the refs are blowing the whistle
Anderson looked like a peewee coach today

peewee coaches are better than that, j/s.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bhogs05

Typical Anderson offense of standing around 3 pt line for 25 secs and rhea jacking up a highly contested shot with two or 3 secs left on the shot clock. Anderson is a roll the ball out there and play coach..has zero x's and o's.. pure street ball and we don't have the players for that

TheOtherColombia

Boy, those dang Missouri fans had no idea what they were talking about did they...
Or is Missouri just a better program and easier to recruit to/win at?  Quite the conundrum you guys have. 

Porkem

Lanny is one hundred percent spot on. He is totally responsible for that meltdown.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

MountieDawg

Quote from: bhogs05 on November 27, 2015, 01:57:14 pm
Typical Anderson offense of standing around 3 pt line for 25 secs and rhea jacking up a highly contested shot with two or 3 secs left on the shot clock. Anderson is a roll the ball out there and play coach..has zero x's and o's.. pure street ball and we don't have the players for that

Are you sure, I read on here Coach Cal rolls the ball out and MA can outcoach him every day of the week.
SEC!

colavito

I'll admit I had very low expectations for this year but today was totally inexcusable.  It's going to be a long, miserable year watching these guys.  Unbelievably inept choke to from MA down to a less than mediocre Stanford team. 

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on November 27, 2015, 01:50:51 pm
This program is dead. No excuse in year 5 for missing every postseason tourney possible. Embarrassed that my family spends thousands every year to watch this crap. But I'll be at the home games. Because I have no choice at 30$ per ticket. Which is raised from 25$ last year. GARBAGE

I am a season ticket holder, and not all of the games are $30.   But your post got me looking through the season ticket book. Six of the league games are $35 per game! I had no idea! That is flippin' ridiculous!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Lanny on November 27, 2015, 01:44:20 pm
100% on Anderson.  Pitiful
Be careful.  I've been banned for saying that...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hog1751

Not one Arkansas player hit a field goal in the last 6 minutes. Mike used all his timeouts and every player he had. To say this is one hundred percent on Mike is nonsense. Being mad at him for the overall roster is legitimate but making it out as though Mike lost this game on his own is wrong.

Oliver

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on November 27, 2015, 02:00:21 pm
Boy, those dang Missouri fans had no idea what they were talking about did they...
Or is Missouri just a better program and easier to recruit to/win at?  Quite the conundrum you guys have.

You need to direct this to certain Hog fans.  Some knew what we were asking for and would get.

Your program isn't.  No conundrum in that at all. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Big Boi

Quote from: Hog1751 on November 27, 2015, 02:41:21 pm
Not one Arkansas player hit a field goal in the last 6 minutes. Mike used all his timeouts and every player he had. To say this is one hundred percent on Mike is nonsense. Being mad at him for the overall roster is legitimate but making it out as though Mike lost this game on his own is wrong.
Who signed/accepted the transfer for these players? Maybe if CMA felt his job depended on recruiting talented HS players we'd have an option on the roster.

Oliver

Quote from: Big Boi on November 27, 2015, 02:44:38 pm
Who signed/accepted the transfer for these players? Maybe if CMA felt his job depended on recruiting talented HS players we'd have an option on the roster.

If MA felt his job was more in danger here, we'd probably see a better performance. 

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 27, 2015, 02:43:34 pm
You need to direct this to certain Hog fans.  Some knew what we were asking for and would get.

Your program isn't.  No conundrum in that at all.

Sure it is a conundrum...either Anderson CAN coach and your program is just complete crap OR Anderson cannot coach and Missouri was a better program with better players that made him look good.  I suppose the third option is he ran out of family/family friends...that one might make the most sense and be the most truthful. 

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2015, 02:39:57 pm
[/quote
Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2015, 02:39:57 pm

Permission to fire away.....?
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Hog1751

I said he was responsible for the roster. However he cant make shots himself. 6 minutes without a field goal is on the players not the coach. Beyond all of that we are who we all thought we would be.

pigroots

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on November 27, 2015, 02:53:06 pm
Sure it is a conundrum...either Anderson CAN coach and your program is just complete crap OR Anderson cannot coach and Missouri was a better program with better players that made him look good.  I suppose the third option is he ran out of family/family friends...that one might make the most sense and be the most truthful.

No, he still has "friends" = Whitt. 

Stanford had lost last 3 by avg of more than 15pts. 

intelligence

hogsanity

Some of us told you last season was not Mike it was BP & MQ. Mike can not coach against zone. He acts almost like its beneath him to have to deal with a zone. Why any team would do anything except play zone against them is crazy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 27, 2015, 03:29:08 pm
No, he still has "friends" = Whitt. 

Stanford had lost last 3 by avg of more than 15pts.

Yeah, but is one Whitt worth a Laurence Bowers, Demarre Carroll, Kim English and a Flip Pressey?  Seems that well is starting to run a bit dry. 

Dropkick

At least we are not Missouri...........

FATHAWG08

Wow, the last few days of Hog Ball will test your Fan Card!
I love off season Football!!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Porkem on November 27, 2015, 02:01:18 pm
Lanny is one hundred percent spot on. He is totally responsible for that meltdown.

Porkem how in the heck are you?

Just left that football game as froze solid as a block of ice.  At outback now with my son thawing out. 

HawgWild

The old Razorback fade. I was hoping those days were behind us. Might be a long season.

cypert2

I criticized MA last week and my posts were called "total nonsense" and "crap." Oh well, don't fret. He'll get us back to the NCAA tourney in another four or five years. We got to be patient.
Swinging on the two and the four.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on November 27, 2015, 05:06:57 pm
Yeah, but is one Whitt worth a Laurence Bowers, Demarre Carroll, Kim English and a Flip Pressey?  Seems that well is starting to run a bit dry.

You are directing this to the wrong poster.  I know. 

SWarkansasman

None of his teams are taught to rebound, apparently rebounding doesn`t matter. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: SWarkansasman on November 27, 2015, 05:30:03 pm
None of his teams are taught to rebound, apparently rebounding doesn`t matter.

Trade off for aggressive defense and getting hands on the basketball.  Did pretty well today though in rebounding.  It is about possessions and FGA's.  Hogs were +17 in FGA's today.  But -16 in FTA's and -5 in FT makes. 

Danny J

What we saw today was clearly IMHO a lack of leadership on the court. Nobody took charge. Bell tried to take charge but fouled out. We desperately need Beard back....he IS the heart and soul of this team and it will be apparent the first time he takes the court.

Still....no excuse to lose the game. I was very upset watching it but nothing at this point surprises me any more.

Nipsey Mussle

How have you guys been doing since he left? Not sure how in the world a Mizzou fan could talk any kind of trash right now. We won a tourney game and due to a fatal mix of bad planning and bad luck, are falling victim to a slippery slope.

Mizzou is just a complete dumpster fire....in both major sports.

Nipsey Mussle

I marked this one down as a loss the second Kingsley fouled out. Right now, we are a totally different team when he's on/not on the floor. We need Trey Thompson to get healthy asap and we have to recruit some more bigs, and better bigs. I respect their hustle, but being forced to play Miles and Kouassi at the 5 spot should tell us all we need to know about this team.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on November 27, 2015, 05:58:16 pm
What we saw today was clearly IMHO a lack of leadership on the court. Nobody took charge. Bell tried to take charge but fouled out. We desperately need Beard back....he IS the heart and soul of this team and it will be apparent the first time he takes the court.

Still....no excuse to lose the game. I was very upset watching it but nothing at this point surprises me any more.

Yep.  Nobody on the offensive end to make just one play.  Durham's stats are misleading.  Whitt didn't look for anything except the called play out of the timeout which he forced. 

Beard was good for about a month last season.  How realistic are we about his impact? 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 27, 2015, 06:26:42 pm
Yep.  Nobody on the offensive end to make just one play.  Durham's stats are misleading.  Whitt didn't look for anything except the called play out of the timeout which he forced. 

Beard was good for about a month last season.  How realistic are we about his impact?
I'm excited to have him back and he will help, but not what some are hoping for, to say the least. If he was the same quality of a player at 6'10 240, he'd help a helluva lot.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 27, 2015, 06:26:42 pm

We need somebody who can take charge of the team and settle them down more than anything at this point. He is also able to create his own shot and penetrate/dish. I am not saying he is a world beater but we need him starting and finishing games. Durham taking charge on the court is not a good thing. He took the shot clock down to just a couple seconds late in the game and threw up crazy shots. He reminds me of Welsh. Just too inconsistent and I would definitely bring him off the bench. I would start Kingsley, Miles, Whitt, Bell and Hannahs until Beard gets back. Then bring Hannah in for Bell and durham in for Beard. Right now the rotations are all goofy because of what we are working with.