Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Georgia Tech

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 26, 2015, 12:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 26, 2015, 02:36:23 pm
It's gotten to the point where college basketball is almost unwatchable because you can't make any kind of contact with a ball-handler without being whistled for a foul.

It's even more frustrating because the offensive player can really initiate contact in a number of ways to easily draw a foul... where as a defensive player is at a decided disadvantage. I get that you want more scoring, but more free throws isn't an exciting product. You're robbing peter to pay paul.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Captain Morgan

The second chance points are really hurting the hogs. Rebounding not looking good is hurting them this game  :o

HoopS

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2015, 02:38:43 pm
Year after year, fundamentals are sorely lacking, yet one constant persist.
watch Hannahs. He's pretty much perfect.  He should be teaching the rest.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hogz87

Oh look...get it down to 3, again, we give up an offensive rebound and it leads to a kickout to a wide-open shooter who drains a 3. 

alohawg

Quote from: HoopS on November 26, 2015, 02:40:49 pm
watch Hannahs. He's pretty much perfect.  He should be teaching the rest.

He looks good.......and there's that same dude we never guard that hits EVERY 3 he sees.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hogz87

Georges-Hunt and Adam Smith are a combined 8/12 from three.  And this guy shooting FTs now has 16 points and 15 rebounds, 7 of them being offensive rebounds.

alohawg

Wonder what % these guys are shooting, gotta be ridiculous in the 2nd half.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Mr. Porkleone

HoopS

I'd like us to finish with Bell, Hannahs, Watkins, Whitt and Kingsley. See if Hannahs or Bell can heat up here. Watkins keep penetrating. Whitt too.

Hogz87

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2015, 02:44:10 pm
Wonder what % these guys are shooting, gotta be ridiculous in the 2nd half.
They're 8-for-16 from three, but all 8 makes are by Georges-Hunt and Smith who a combined 8-for-12.  The other three Georgia Tech players that have attempted a three pointer are a combined 0-for-4.  And their overall FG% is a solid 45% but nothing astronomical, but they've got so many second chance points they might as well be shooting 55%-60%.

Bogghawg

Rebounds kill us year after year.   Other than that I am pleasantly surprised by this team. But other than that we would be ahead.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

lightsout

Kingsley and Koussai are definitely far, far superior from the talent perspective. Just not their day. So be it.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

wwrogers5

Hogz87

Georgia Tech was picked to finish 14th in the ACC, so them beating us this soundly is pretty discouraging. 

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BigSexyHog

Well some good and some bad.  Knew we were going to be under sized down low all year and losing Trey didn't help.  Still not the end of the world

HoopS

Little things kill us.

But we fight.

I'm pleased with the effort. Hope to see little things ironed out.

mountainhog

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 26, 2015, 02:48:55 pm
Georgia Tech was picked to finish 14th in the ACC, so them beating us this soundly is pretty discouraging. 

State of the program after how many years under Mike?
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

sickboy

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 26, 2015, 02:48:55 pm

They're going to finish way better than that. They're better than people expected. Still, we've got a long way to go in a hurry to get where we need to be.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hogz87

Quote from: HoopS on November 26, 2015, 02:50:16 pm
Little things kill us.

But we fight.

I'm pleased with the effort. Hope to see little things ironed out.
I won't disagree with this, but Georgia Tech was picked to finish 14th in the ACC.  They may prove to be better than that (I'd be surprised if there's 13 teams in the ACC better than them), but it's still somewhat disappointing and discouraging to get manhandled this badly and beat fairly soundly by a team picked to finish almost dead last from another power conference.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

TomasPistola

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2015, 02:54:29 pm
Because Bell is selfish maybe???

Lol, I'm not the only one that talks to the commentators.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

chiti66

What is so dog gone frustrating is our unwillingness to go big at all!  Three guard line-up, I totally agree with, but 4 guards give us no chance on the boards or defence! 

sickboy

Man, when Whitt gets confident he's going to be solid.

BigSexyHog

Bell just made a shot. Guess he is selfish.  Some of yall are incredible. 

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️