Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody feel better about our loss now?

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, November 21, 2015, 03:55:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Early season basketball means everything! No team has ever lost to a team the caliber of Akron in November and made the NcaaT!

Shut up..It's freakin November and Akron is a solid team.

We've had 4 full seasons under MA and he has us winning tourney games again. I have no idea how we're going to do this year. But if someone thinks a loss to Akron..in November...without our best player, is a predictor of things to come, then they are a freakin idiot.

In football, fans overreact with negativity and stupidity b/c of passion and not understanding the game. In basketball, many of our "fans" overreact to the negative and minimize the positive b/c they don't like MA....well, and they don't understand the game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on November 25, 2015, 01:37:04 am
Early season basketball means everything! No team has ever lost to a team the caliber of Akron in November and made the NcaaT!

Shut up..It's freakin November and Akron is a solid team.

We've had 4 full seasons under MA and he has us winning tourney games again. I have no idea how we're going to do this year. But if someone thinks a loss to Akron..in November...without our best player, is a predictor of things to come, then they are a freakin idiot.

In football, fans overreact with negativity and stupidity b/c of passion and not understanding the game. In basketball, many of our "fans" overreact to the negative and minimize the positive b/c they don't like MA....well, and they don't understand the game.

a tournament game. One.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 25, 2015, 06:15:56 am
a tournament game. One.
Yep, one. One more than we had the previous 20 years. Now go and shut the hell up you big baby.

Dr. Starcs

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 25, 2015, 09:03:01 pm
Pelphrey got us one win. Just sayin
Thank you, momentarily forgot about the win over IU.

Either way, 15-20 years prior to MA being here were barely above KU football standards. Meanwhile, Iceman and others are applying KU basketball standards to our program.

We will probably take a couple lumps this year and yes, it is year 5. However, we won't lose 2 players to early draft entree very often. We're in much, much better shape than when MA first got here, but losing 2 guys to early entry isn't something we can easily rebound from just yet.

Hawg Red

I don't feel any better or worse because Akron was a team that I knew before the season start could come in here and pick us off. We gave up a ton of open 3s, but as a Razorback fan, I think we can call admit that's something we're used to seeing even at home under every coach we've had for the last 15 years at some point or another. If you were realistic with yourself, you knew this team could lose to an Akron. And there's not a whole lot of shame in that. They've won 20 or more games for the last 10 years under one coach. They have it together. We don't so much at the moment as teams tend not to when they're short on talent and have lost their entire starting 5 from the previous year. Wish we could have played them in January or late December and played Texas Tech in that game instead.