and N. Carolina is/was the #1 team in the nation
But stay negative, since we are missing the top 3 players from last years team

PP

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 21, 2015, 04:01:16 pm
and N. Carolina is/was the #1 team in the nation
But stay negative, since we are missing the top 3 players from last years team

PP

I wasn't negative. I don't understand what point you are trying to make. UNC lost to a good team.

Dr. Starcs

No. I'll feel better about it if Akron can beat or play nova close.

jdunhog

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 21, 2015, 04:04:11 pm
I wasn't negative. I don't understand what point you are trying to make. UNC lost to a good team.
my point was (without even perusing jump all), that we are still a good team who had a bad night. It can happen to anyone.

PP

jdunhog

Its called wanting Mike Anderson to fail by some!

MGB1229

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 21, 2015, 04:06:28 pm
my point was (without even perusing jump all), that we are still a good team who had a bad night. It can happen to anyone.

PP

I agree and it would be hard to beat anybody hitting on 47% from three for the game and knocking down 13 of them.  They had 4 guys get hot from behind the ark.  I'm not sayin we will be world beaters, but what happened that night will not be the norm.  Every single time we came back they would come down and hit a three or an and 1 to push it back up.

The SEC isn't fairing to well against a lot of these types of teams this year so the argument that we won't be able to compete against SEC teams doesn't really hold up. 

PORKULATOR

No... Not really.
I never feel good about losing.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Kevin

no, unc is without marcus paige.  plus, northern iowa may have the best player in the valley
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2015, 05:59:40 pm
no, unc is without marcus paige.  plus, northern iowa may have the best player in the valley
1 player vs. 3

I change my mind

PP

Mr. Porkleone

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2015, 05:59:40 pm

Not making excues for the lost, as I thought we should have beat Akron, gave up way to many open 3s.  But, if your going to use that logic of North Iowa has the best player in their conference, you can say Akron has won 20+ games the last 10 years, predicted to win their division, and has a pre-season all MAC player in Pat Forsythe.

Most fans might not want to hear this but the Akron loss won't be a bad loss, they currently have the #35 RPI, and my guess is they'll probably finish with a top 75 RPI at worst. 

I think to stay in the mix of things we need to win 1 out of 2 in Brooklyn, no more home losses in non-conference, and find a way to steal one on the road against either Wake Forest or Dayton.  If we can do that, I like our position heading into conference play.

HoopS

Ironhawg

Meh.  It's very early in the season.  We've got some issues on defense, but plenty of time to get those things fixed. 

hawginbigd1

I thought UNC was way overrated last year and again this year, I don't care about recruiting rankings, I look at the product on the floor! IMO it was an upset when they beat us! I believe we win that game a minimum 7 out of 10 times.

Hogimus Prime

I'm worried about scoring from the outside in conference play. The SEC is full of  tall, athletic wings/guards that will cause trouble for the Hogs guards on offense and defense.

jry04

Akron currently up 26-20 with the ball @ #11 Villanova with 8 minutes left in the first half.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on November 22, 2015, 03:58:44 pm
Akron currently up 26-20 with the ball @ #11 Villanova with 8 minutes left in the first half.

65-44 Nova.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 21, 2015, 03:55:50 pm
The #1 team lost to Northern Iowa!

PP

You are really reaching, brother.

Another team losing in BB is not a big deal.

Now, if it is Auburn losing in football, then, YES, I feel better about pretty much everything!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2015, 05:01:52 pm
65-44 Nova.
Yeah, Nova woke up in the 2nd half. Some pretty questionable calls at the end of the first half allowed Nova to go on a run to go up 7 or 8 at the half. They never looked back after that.

swinesation

We're not going to be very good this year, but next year is looking up!

TexomaRazorback

Jeff Sagarin computer poll has Arkansas at 87 and Akron at 63. We were expected to lose if you believe his computer poll which is highly respected. Wasn't really a big upset.  Just saying.

Ironhawg

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on November 22, 2015, 09:39:36 pm
Jeff Sagarin computer poll has Arkansas at 87 and Akron at 63. We were expected to lose if you believe his computer poll which is highly respected. Wasn't really a big upset.  Just saying.

This is supposed to make us feel better?  Lol!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 22, 2015, 09:42:44 pm
This is supposed to make us feel better?  Lol!

Year 5 with Mike Anderson and we are the #87 team in the country. Nope, don't feel better.

opineonswine

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 22, 2015, 10:50:53 am
I thought UNC was way overrated last year and again this year, I don't care about recruiting rankings, I look at the product on the floor! IMO it was an upset when they beat us! I believe we win that game a minimum 7 out of 10 times.

Roy Williams seems like a nice guy...recruits very well.  Can't coach very well, IMO.

HotlantaHog

Based on Hogville, expectations for the Hogs should be so low that folks should be thrilled with the team wins any games... They are going to be better than lots of folks expect.

Kevin

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 23, 2015, 09:10:34 am
Year 5 with Mike Anderson and we are the #87 team in the country. Nope, don't feel better.

Iceman, I am you Slider, here on jump ball.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 23, 2015, 09:10:34 am

Wow! Is it year 5 already? Time sure flies when you are having fun.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Kevin

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2015, 05:01:52 pm
65-44 Nova.

Nova held Akron to 44 points, huh?

And they play half court defense.  Solid, man to man half court defense.

Hmmmm.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 10:40:26 am

Hmmmm.

Akron led most of the first half then went cold. Would love to see us get a chance to play NOVA and see how we match up against them. Gonna help when we get into conference play to have had that type of test already.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 23, 2015, 10:48:49 am

Akron led most of the first half then went cold. Would love to see us get a chance to play NOVA and see how we match up against them. Gonna help when we get into conference play to have had that type of test already.

So Akron just "went cold" huh?  Nova didn't step up their defense that led to Akron's struggles?

Interesting how teams "get hot" against the Hogs, and "go cold" against a lot of other folks.  Unlucky, I guess.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 11:02:21 am
So Akron just "went cold" huh?  Nova didn't step up their defense that led to Akron's struggles?

Interesting how teams "get hot" against the Hogs, and "go cold" against a lot of other folks.  Unlucky, I guess.

When you can't make baskets, you've gone cold. Of course Nova had something to do with it. Goes without saying. IF we get the chance to play Nova, and I hope we do, it will really help us get ready for conference play and maybe we give them a good game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 10:40:26 am

Hmmmm.

Final was 75-56.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 23, 2015, 11:29:24 am
When you can't make baskets, you've gone cold. Of course Nova had something to do with it. Goes without saying. IF we get the chance to play Nova, and I hope we do, it will really help us get ready for conference play and maybe we give them a good game.

But haven't we seen that teams/players usually have their best shooting nights against us?

-Blu

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 11:02:21 am

We only lost 9 games last year, and only 1 this year so far, so I don't know where you see a ton of teams just getting hot against the hogs at.

And some of you guys must not watch other basketball games.  I've seen teams/players get really hot against really good defensive teams.  I remember when Ole Miss played Kentucky last year and almost upset them, Stefan Moody caught fire, and everything he threw up was going in.  Kentucky was lucky to get the win against them, and they were a much better team than Ole Miss, and probably one of the best defensive teams in recent history.  Another example, we've seen Anthlon Bell catch fire against some good teams and seen him really cold against other teams.  It's called basketball... it's not just hogs that deal with teams having good shooting nights.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: -Blu on November 23, 2015, 11:57:22 am
We only lost 9 games last year, and only 1 this year so far, so I don't know where you see a ton of teams just getting hot against the hogs at.

And some of you guys must not watch other basketball games.  I've seen teams/players get really hot against really good defensive teams.  I remember when Ole Miss played Kentucky last year and almost upset them, Stefan Moody caught fire, and everything he threw up was going in.  Kentucky was lucky to get the win against them, and they were a much better team than Ole Miss, and probably one of the best defensive teams in recent history.  Another example, we've seen Anthlon Bell catch fire against some good teams and seen him really cold against other teams.  It's called basketball... it's not just hogs that deal with teams having good shooting nights.

Thanks, -Blu.  Man, I really needed that help.

-Blu

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas learned against Akron that it can't beat a decent opponent by trying nothing more than to force turnovers and outscore 'em. Especially when the Hogs suck at forcing turnovers.

Antino Jackson, the point guard who went almost the whole game against Arkansas, played 25 minutes against Villanova. Shot 4-12, had 2 assists and 8 turnovers. The whole team had only 12 turnovers at Fayetteville.

Akron shot way over 50% against the Hogs, inside and out. The Zips were 33% outside, 38% inside against Villanova.

Arkansas can't afford to play crap defense. Don't care what the plan is. Can't be bad on D, or it will be a very long season.
[CENSORED]!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 23, 2015, 12:17:28 pm
Arkansas can't afford to play crap defense. Don't care what the plan is. Can't be bad on D, or it will be a very long season.

Yep.  This team needs to make its' living on the defensive end.

Haven't seen that yet.

Kevin

Quote from: -Blu on November 23, 2015, 11:57:22 am

last year has come and gone.

PonderinHog

I always feel better after a loss.  Doesn't everyone?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 12:52:35 pm
Yep.  This team needs to make its' living on the defensive end.

Haven't seen that yet.
IMO the people that can play really solid defense on our team, can't put that orange spherical bouncing object through that orange metal thingy with the net. The ones that can, do not have the speed or quickness to play the kind of D we need! Beard will help, December 19th can't get here quick enough.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 24, 2015, 10:05:28 pm
IMO the people that can play really solid defense on our team, can't put that orange spherical bouncing object through that orange metal thingy with the net. The ones that can, do not have the speed or quickness to play the kind of D we need! Beard will help, December 19th can't get here quick enough.

I really like the way Durham is passing the ball. He is really racking up the assists, kinda like Madden did last year. Hope he improves his D so that Beards return doesn't cut into his minutes too much.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 21, 2015, 03:57:50 pm
No, Northern Iowa was like a 5 seed last year

Northern Iowa had one of the best college players last year and he graduated.

Jonteviosk

Ok I get Akron losing to Villanova but to Greenbay, as well? Just saying.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.