Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More people on the board than at game!

Started by jdunhog, November 18, 2015, 09:36:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

elksnort

Ironhawg

Chuck said on the radio there were 14,000 tickets sold, but only 9,500 actual attendance.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 18, 2015, 10:03:04 pm
Chuck said on the radio there were 14,000 tickets sold, but only 9,500 actual attendance.

Estimated actual attendance was 5,902. That includes the teams, administration working the game, band, concession workers, etc. Not a good night for attendance.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2015-16/AR02.pdf
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

3kgthog

Not surprising. Lowest expectations since Stan was here, very little star power, an opponent (while solid) that doesn't excite the majority, and a program still reeling from this morning's punch in the gut. I had to work and couldn't even give my tickets away.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 18, 2015, 11:25:50 pm
Not surprising. Lowest expectations since Stan was here
The teams Stan recruited (not the one he inherited) had a lot more talent than this year's squad. I'm afraid that's what it all boils down to. We have a bunch of role players and don't have enough talent to compete. LSU had more people in attendance for their home opener than they've had since the Shaq days - bring talent in, people will come to watch it.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

WorfHog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2015, 10:05:15 pm
Estimated actual attendance was 5,902. That includes the teams, administration working the game, band, concession workers, etc. Not a good night for attendance.

I was there seemed closer to the 9,500 number at least during the first half. Lots of quit in our fans last night though and it was probably down to 5,000 midway through the second.

jry04

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 19, 2015, 03:22:08 pm
Winning works wonders.   Go Hogs.
They go hand in hand. This team wouldn't be any better talent wise with more people at the game, but they may win 2 or 3 more games than they should because of a good crowd. Most fans want to complain about losing, but not do anything to help change it besides yell "fire coach (insert name)." Maybe we land a few more recruits when we have our arena over half full rather than 3/4 empty. Luckily we signed these JUCO players early, because it would be tough to keep them if they came on a visit mid-season and saw so many empty seats. We have 14,000+ tickets sold, and more than half are just sitting on them. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

oldbooniehog

Why pay money to go watch this year's dumpster fire when you can start your own trash blaze on the back yard for free?

PonderinHog

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 20, 2015, 09:28:48 pm
Why pay money to go watch this year's dumpster fire when you can start your own trash blaze on the back yard for free?
Or we could start a fire with one of your fartposts.  Flame away.

mizzouman

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2015, 10:05:15 pm

How is attendance estimated?  I mean, don't they count turnstiles?  Or in this day, don't they just scan tickets and have an accurate actual attendance?

popcornhog

I'll come to a game or two, but admittedly it's hard to travel from out of state and pay for hotels, food, etc when the team's not any good.

If I lived in Fayetteville I'd still probably go to nearly every game, though. I'm hoping things will be much better by next year and I want to see the development between now and then.
WPS

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: mizzouman on November 22, 2015, 09:07:05 am
How is attendance estimated?  I mean, don't they count turnstiles?  Or in this day, don't they just scan tickets and have an accurate actual attendance?

They do, but they don't scan concession employees, coaches, players, band members, spirit squad, BWA staff, etc. Those folks are in attendance, and are included in the estimate, even if they don't have a paid ticket.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12