Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will OmaHogs arrive back in Fayetteville? (SIAP)

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, June 15, 2015, 08:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

@NWAHutch: The UA is inviting fans to welcome the Arkansas baseball team back to Fayetteville. They'll arrive at Baum Stadium's Gate B at 12:20 p.m.

Scott Marshall

WELCOME BACK THE #OMAHOGS TODAY AT 12:20 PM

You're invited to help welcome back the Arkansas Baseball team from the College World Series today at 12:20 p.m. at Baum Stadium's west parking lot by Gate B.

Thank you for your support of the #OmaHogs and we hope to see you there.

ricepig

yraciv

Over/under 10 people?

I sure as hell am proud of what this team accomplished this season and 2 & through in Omaha isn't going to change that, but I don't get the show up to welcome the team back mantra. We're bummed they lost, and they are bummed they lost. I don't think a handful or 50 fans showing up is going to change their spirits much.  They are probably tired and just want to get home.

If they won a game or 2 and gave it a run yeah that would make a lot of sense, but other than showing class and representing us they didn't show up on the diamond. 

Just my 2 cents, and I know it won't be a popular one.  Show up in droves and put up a video with Beni having a big smile on his face and then I'll be a believer.

ricepig

Quote from: yraciv on June 16, 2015, 11:53:52 am
Over/under 10 people?

I sure as hell am proud of what this team accomplished this season and 2 & through in Omaha isn't going to change that, but I don't get the show up to welcome the team back mantra. We're bummed they lost, and they are bummed they lost. I don't think a handful or 50 fans showing up is going to change their spirits much.  They are probably tired and just want to get home.

If they won a game or 2 and gave it a run yeah that would make a lot of sense, but other than showing class and representing us they didn't show up on the diamond. 

Just my 2 cents, and I know it won't be a popular 1.  Show up in droves and put up a video with Beni having a big smile on his face and then I'll be a believer.

Kicked any puppies today? It's simply an opportunity for those who wish, to congratulate them on their season. They showed up on the diamond all year, and finished tied for 7th.

HogFansReunited

If I lived in Fayetteville I would be there.  This team did all they could to and had a great season.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hoglady

Over/under 10 people?

Just my 2 cents, and I know it won't be a popular one.  Show up in droves and put up a video with Beni having a big smile on his face and then I'll be a believer.

Got to disagree about them not showing up.

Both games were hard fought, see-saw battles.
Both games could have been changed by one swing of the bat - if you're in that situation you dang sure did show up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: hoglady on June 16, 2015, 12:05:13 pm

Both games could have been changed by one swing of the bat - if you're in that situation you dang sure did show up.
Amen!

jry04

Over/under 10 people?

They made what is equal to the Final Four. Getting to the CWS is what every college player dreams of, and it is what every college fan hopes their team can accomplish. They didn't play great in Omaha, but they were in every game. They were tied in the 8th inning against the #5 national seed, and against the defending national runner-ups who are sitting 2-0 in Omaha, right now.

Hogz87

Quote from: hoglady on June 16, 2015, 12:05:13 pm

This.  We were right there in both games and had a great shot at winning both.  Some of that falls back on us not doing some of the little things, but one little bounce of the ball off the bat goes differently, and our boys might still be playing.  It's not like we lost 8-1 and 10-2 and both games were decided by the 5th inning.  We were right in both games until the very end.  Add that on top of an unexpected trip to Omaha this season after the 15-15 start, and it's impossible to not be extremely proud of this team.

dstubbs

The team and coaches arrived at the stadium about 1:00 o'clock.  Lots of TV cameras and about 75 fans.  We did some hog calling as they got off the bus.  Benny signed a ball for my grandson and did lots of other autographs as did many other players.  Nice thing to do for them and they really seemed to appreciate the crowd.  Great year to be a Hog.

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2015, 11:57:04 am
Kicked any puppies today? It's simply an opportunity for those who wish, to congratulate them on their season. They showed up on the diamond all year, and finished tied for 7th.

I kicked a puppy earlier this week actually.  Totally by accident in a jammed elevator, but yeah that did happen.

yraciv

Quote from: dstubbs on June 16, 2015, 02:01:07 pm
The team and coaches arrived at the stadium about 1:00 o'clock.  Lots of TV cameras and about 75 fans.  We did some hog calling as they got off the bus.  Benny signed a ball for my grandson and did lots of other autographs as did many other players.  Nice thing to do for them and they really seemed to appreciate the crowd.  Great year to be a Hog.

Good to hear it wasn't a weak crowd since the news sent cameras, but I have seen these lets meet the team when they get back be unorganized and weak showings.  They did a better job marketing this one, so it was better results. And I'l reiterate I'm proud as hell of the season we had.  I thnk we did a good job celebrating that and showing appreciation last Sunday.  The College World Series appearance was lackluster so I don't get going out there, but I understand some wanting to see those SR and draftees one more time.