Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bernal's bare-handed catch...wow! #SCTop10

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, May 03, 2014, 10:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ucahogfan

It was #2 on #SCTop10 to continue the amazing streak of Hogs making Top 10 and is the 2nd baseball player that I'm aware of this season with Josh Alberius making it earlier this season for going into the stands to get a foul ball.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Baseball Hog on May 04, 2014, 10:21:08 am
Unbelievable.
So next year when the kid makes these shows of brilliance routine, we will all remind him of it.  8) This kid has tremendous upside just needs to make the the routine plays routine and he will be there.Oh yeah, and hit .275+ would be nice.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ucahogfan

Quote from: Break & Run on May 05, 2014, 11:28:33 am
Awww...I'm sorry I hurt y'alls feelings.  I'm just telling the truth.  It was an impressive play and I've watched it several times on youtube.  But it still irks me with all the routine plays he has botched that has cost Trey Killian games.
Bernal has also made a lot of plays that few other SSs would have made much like the catch this thread is about.  All in all, I think he saves as many runs with his spectacular plays as he allows booting routine plays.

Tejano Jawg

Just happened to have ESPN on as they ran through the Top 10...amazing. The guys were impressed, saying "#6 may be too low for this play."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ucahogfan

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on May 05, 2014, 12:53:56 pm
Note that if a shortstop makes all the routine plays, AND make those kinds of highlight-reel catches, his name might be Derek Jeter.
Jeter's highlights would be routine plays for just about every other SS in the game right now.  A more accurate statement would be that he is either Tulo or Simmons.  A lot of young SSs are now trying to pattern their game off Tulo instead of Jeter.

minman

Phenomenal catch!!!  I know Bernal has no way of knowing it, but if he lets it go, it appears the center fielder has it and probably doubles the runner up at first with an easier throw.  But, that's the center fielders job to call him off.  Doesn't matter, it's still a phenomenal catch! 

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 05, 2014, 02:03:34 pm
Jeter's highlights would be routine plays for just about every other SS in the game right now.  A more accurate statement would be that he is either Tulo or Simmons.  A lot of young SSs are now trying to pattern their game off Tulo instead of Jeter.
Great point. I dated myself with the "Jeter" comparison.

Tulowitski is a phenomenon. Top analysts agree: http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7417714/v31314551/who-are-the-top-10-shortstops-right-now