Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is Ole Piss baseball on TV so often?

Started by 3BoarsDown, May 02, 2010, 11:13:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

here in Atlanta at least one of their weekend games are always televised, sometimes multiple games for the weekend are on.

I don't get it.

Iwastherein1969

they'll be on again NEXT Friday and Sunday as ESPN is going to televise 2 of the 3 games of the UA v OM series....at least that's what the guys commenting on ESPN's coverage of LSU v UF today said
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

MDW

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 02, 2010, 04:55:19 pm
they'll be on again NEXT Friday and Sunday as ESPN is going to televise 2 of the 3 games of the UA v OM series....at least that's what the guys commenting on ESPN's coverage of LSU v UF today said

Yes, those games will be on ESPNU.

Harry Hogg-Nutts

Yeah, here in Clarksville TN, charter is my cable provider and carries CSS which says it is shows all sec baseball. All but Arkansas, really sucks to see everyone but them play.
woopigsooie1222:
Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 05:13:40 PM>>>>have we ever retired a jersey?
<<<<
74. if you didn't know that, don't call yourself one of us.
----------------------
This post should be separated and sticky'd as a perfect example of why being a smart*** can backfire.  Dare I say "Epic fail"?

FraggleHog

Probably a regional broadcast and you get Vandy/Tenner games instead because you live in that region.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

LJHOG

The real question is why are the Hogs not on more??  But, guess that's like asking why doesn't Razorvision seem to work correctly all the time (or most of it)?

code red

Because the Hogs are gonna rip'em a new one this weekend!!  I'd like to see a repeat of the ESPN Georgia game a couple weeks back.....in fact 2 of those are would make it a great weekend.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jacobp

All 3 games this weekend will be televised on ESPNU now, per U of A's twitter.
Friday 7pm
Saturday 7pm
Sunday 1pm

WhenPigsFly

Not sure if that's correct.  Both schools' sites are showing the Friday and Saturday games to be televised only.   My Dish guide shows softball for that time slot on Sunday.

But that would be great if they've decided to televise the whole series!

bosshog84

Quote from: jacobp on May 05, 2010, 02:20:46 pm
All 3 games this weekend will be televised on ESPNU now, per U of A's twitter.
Friday 7pm
Saturday 7pm
Sunday 1pm

Great news... I guess I have my weekend planned out  ;D

jacobp

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on May 05, 2010, 04:48:54 pm
Not sure if that's correct.  Both schools' sites are showing the Friday and Saturday games to be televised only.   My Dish guide shows softball for that time slot on Sunday.

But that would be great if they've decided to televise the whole series!
Must be a change, since originally ESPNU was showing Friday and Sunday, but my dish is showing friday and saturday as well., with softball on Sunday.

olivebranchhog

Best starter in the SEC and they play top 15 teams. If we had Pomz we would be on every weekend. ESPN goes off of what they think will make the biggest draw and the last 2 times OM has played on ESPN they have highlighted the Pomeranz v. (insert opposing ace) matchup. Can't wait to go down to oxford and watch the duel on friday...and to see Bax shut them down on saturday. Hope we have the series locked up by then because I have to be back in DFW Sunday.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

WhenPigsFly

Read that the UA is now saying the Sunday game is NOT televised on ESPNU.

But it may be available on RazorVision.  Which is marginally better than nothing.