Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the value in Sunday's loss

Started by 2ndsyndicate, April 26, 2010, 12:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2ndsyndicate

...could be huge.

That was the type of loss that puts a chip on a team's collective shoulder.

That was the type of loss that makes a coach point out that it should have never been close enough to put game winning/ending calls to the umpire.

I hate losing games/series...but I hope this team can make the most of this weekend and finish out this season strong.

Hey, at least they didn't have to listen to this thing on the radio....

razobak

If you're right...I can only feel sorry for the rest of our schedule.  Auburn, beware.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

2ndsyndicate

I hope so. this is my last home series in Fayetteville (moving to Vegas in two weeks)...would love to see them sweep Auburn!!

cityhog

I hope you're right.  One run worries me.  Our big hitters were effectively shut down last weekend.  I hope this isn't the beginning of a hitting slump because we are getting iinto the teeth of our schedule now.

AcePigtura

True. A win streak is good, but I don't think that a series loss with a little controversy will hurt. It can cause everyone to circle the wagons and get a little angry.

FraggleHog

Don't worry about it too much city... Florida has great pitching. They sure aren't so good because of their hitting. This next series will be completely different. Definitely going to be some fireworks. 
Calling the Hogs from DFW

hamsam

There is NEVER a "value" in a loss... jmo. lessons can be learned I guess but I find no value in adding another digit in the L column
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

chiefsfan

Auburn doesnt pitch very well.;   Now they are probably outside of LSU the only team that can match Arkansas hit for hit, but they dont have a very strong pitching staff at all

if Arkansas struggles with Auburns pitching there would be cause for concern
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogninja

At some point, a ranked team gets full of itself.  12 straight wins can do it.  Then you play a comparable team and get beat along with a call.  This should get the juices going, if we have a team that can get to the CWS.  I think that Coach can get it going. :razorback: