Paul Rhoads

Started by Next1_04, December 08, 2017, 12:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

Bids farewell via twitter.

1highhog

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 08, 2017, 12:33:13 pm

So it's time to say goodbye to the red cape defense.

Hogindasticks

Does that mean we have our DC?

007 License To Squeal

Interesting that the DC spot is officially vacant...or is it??? ;)
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hogindasticks

<<<<<<<I WANNA KNOW WHO IT IS!

A little anti-Alabama or anti-Auburn would be fine with me!

mj4president

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 08, 2017, 12:33:13 pm

He showed great leadership and courage in the couple weeks as the head hog.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Tusks

Unfortunately he DC'd the worst defense in Arkansas history.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Al Boarland

The guy was dealt a bad hand. He should have done a little more research on the roster before taking the job. Same for the next guy.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusked on December 08, 2017, 12:41:40 pm

Good luck to him. Classy guy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Birminghog

FutureMan

Good luck to Coach Rhoades.  He has a deep, caring heart and genuinely cared for his players.  It was a shame it didn't work out, but he is a great coach; he will land on his feet.  Thank you for being a Razorback!
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

husker71

I wonder sometimes about you guys    great coach, great courage and so on    you want to say thank you go ahead in fact I will say it   thank you Paul    but he got big bucks and did a bad job this last year   the word great is overused IMHO

jackflash

wish we had found a way to keep him would have made a great DB coach I think

Dropkick

Like Rhoads, hope he lands in a better situation.

hogfanfromlr

Hogs scoring defense was 116 this year, so I'm not sure anyone expected him to stay.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Sho Nuff

Quote from: mj4president on December 08, 2017, 12:40:00 pm
He showed great leadership and courage in the couple weeks as the head hog.
I promise I'm not trying to slam the coach.  But what do you mean by great leadership and courage?  What exactly did he do to merit that?  We didn't even play a game during that time.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hvsupastar

I always thought it was strange that he was promoted to DC but Bret wanted to be a 3-4 team and PR had no 3-4 experience.  Recipe for disaster. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

mj4president

Quote from: Sho Nuff on December 08, 2017, 01:56:31 pm
I promise I'm not trying to slam the coach.  But what do you mean by great leadership and courage?  What exactly did he do to merit that?  We didn't even play a game during that time.

The rough transition and balancing the players' emotions.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hawgjr

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

masbas3

When these coaches get paid as much as they do and they don't deliver, it's hard for me to feel very sorry for them.  They get paid handsomely for something they love doing, not all of us are so lucky.  He will get another job soon.

AHorseWithNoName

"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

rljjr

Thanks for coaching here, Paul, and thanks for leading our players and teaching them more than just football. Best wishes.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 08, 2017, 02:23:02 pm
I always thought it was strange that he was promoted to DC but Bret wanted to be a 3-4 team and PR had no 3-4 experience.  Recipe for disaster.

Except that he did.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: tusked on December 08, 2017, 12:41:40 pm

2015 and 2016 Robb Smith could also give 'em a run. 2015 we were an Aggie OT and a one point Miss State loss from 7-1 in the SEC. All thanks to Enos.

Flrazrback

Coach Rhoads is a quality guy and a good Coach. He was the part of a loosing team, and just like winning, a loss is a team effort also. Good Luck Paul, much future success

Everyone has an opinion and I am no different.  I believe every assistant was handicapped by the HC.  Our leader was not leader material and those that were forced to follow or quit, followed at their own risk.  I believe Paul Rhoads was a quality person and pretty good coach.  I wish him well.  At least he got paid to take the fall along with several others.  I bet Rhoads is plying his trade somewhere next season because he deserves to be.

31to6

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 08, 2017, 02:23:02 pm
Change of scheme. Unfamiliar scheme. Lack of talent at all levels. Switch to a scheme that required players we just don't have. Terrible DL coaching. Handcuffed by an overly risk-averse HC. Injuries to the best players.

CPR was doomed to failure before the first snap. If we had merely been "really bad" on D it would have been coach of the year type work.

HogBreath

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 08, 2017, 02:53:48 pm
Coach Rhoads is a quality guy and a good Coach. He was the part of a loosing team, and just like winning, a loss is a team effort also. Good Luck Paul, much future success
Yes he was, and now he has been cut loose.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Dominicanhog

Think about defensive recruiting.. no consistency in all 5 years.. which position coach was around long enough to recruit.. 2 or 3 DB coaches, how many DL coaches?  Hargreaves was the only one I know that was there long enough to recruit.. I thought Rhoads did as well as possible with the talent.. our DB talent is probably better now than it's been in a while..

Good luck, Paul...

hvsupastar

I thought our D was a little bit a victim of bad offense at times last year.  More than a few games they would hold offenses but after 3&out after 3&out for our offense, the d would eventually break. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln