Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB places blame on Petrino, JLS

Started by twistitup, October 19, 2017, 08:26:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

rtr

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:39:06 pm
Wanna compare paychecks? 100% chance mine is bigger than yours.
I severely doubt it, but no I won't take the bait. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rtr on October 19, 2017, 07:41:45 pm
I severely doubt it, but no I won't take the bait.

That's a good idea for you.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:39:50 pm
That's exactly what it is.

I bet that's a great life...

Can I get a pair of those Rose Colored Glasses?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

solitons

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:26:26 am
....they made Arkansas a tougher job

Challenges turning around the Ark program

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielema-reveals-biggest-challenge-turning-around-arkansas-football/
he can blame to anybody if he wants, it just tell us that he is not capable to get the job done.

rtr

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:42:13 pm
That's a good idea for you.
You are right, does me no good to argue with a simpleton.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:39:06 pm
Wanna compare paychecks? 100% chance mine is bigger than yours.

Online message board warrior now wanting to compare paychecks....nice

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 07:42:37 pm
I bet that's a great life...

Can I get a pair of those Rose Colored Glasses?

Sorry dude. You literally said CBB should thank John L. Smith. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a good long time. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 07:43:58 pm

This isn't war. It's entertainment.

farmhawg

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 07:43:58 pm
He tries to argue an indefensible position. You should pity him.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: farmhawg on October 19, 2017, 07:47:53 pm
He tries to argue an indefensible position. You should pity him.

What position would that be?

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
That really is some dumb darn. Thank JLS?

He might end up w a better record this year than CBB in year 5..is that dumb darn too?

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 07:23:23 pm
There hasn't been a rebuilding process in the first place - he should thank Petrino and JLS that his record is not worse than it currently is....it was some of their players that helped create ANY success he has had here.

You do realize that JLS didn't recruit anybody when he was here..... right?

You act like a Razorback fan so you should know that JLS was hired after Bobby wrecked his bike.

Bobby wrecked the bike after signing day in 2012.

So JLS recruited nobody when he was here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:05:30 pm
You do realize that JLS didn't recruit anybody when he was here..... right?

You act like a Razorback fan so you should know that JLS was hired after Bobby wrecked his bike.

Bobby wrecked the bike after signing day in 2012.

So JLS recruited nobody when he was here.

He had to retain a recruiting class, true? After Bobby was fired they could have left - most didn't.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2012-Football/Commits....some good names on that list.

He welcomes them to campus

https://razorbackers.com/2012/06/04/arkansas-football-2012-recruiting-class-arrives-on-campus/

#27 class, not terrible

What if he ends up w a better record than CBB this year - now that will be one crazy Fact

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:15:19 pm
He had to retain a recruiting class, true? After Bobby was fired they could have left - most didn't.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2012-Football/Commits....some good names on that list.

He welcomes them to campus

https://razorbackers.com/2012/06/04/arkansas-football-2012-recruiting-class-arrives-on-campus/

#27 class, not terrible

Where would they have gone?

Most schools that they had offers from were filled up.  There are scholarship limits.  John L. Smith did not recruit anyone.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:18:46 pm
Where would they have gone?

Most schools that they had offers from were filled up.  There are scholarship limits.  John L. Smith did not recruit anyone.

They weren't trapped here....the NCAA makes exceptions all the time, they could go to another program - or transfer out after the year ended. Most stayed and that was partly due to John L. - he held the class together, CBB should thank him.

Don't down on JLS until we see the record CBB finishes w this year - after 5 years of 'rebuilding' - John L did it on a 10 month contract while going through bankruptcy

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 10:45:57 am
Yes he did, in a post game press conference. Going up tempo against Bama was HIS idea. Bret finally relented and let Enos run it some against Bama but Bret is too stubborn to give in and totally commit to it.

Youre just making darn up again, like you always do. They went uptempo because CK is comfortable with it. The announcers said the coaches said they were going to let him do it since he is good at it. You are a habitual liar.

PharmacistHog

Holy hell do some of you hate bielema so much that you are actually defending JLS? 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:20:45 pm
They weren't trapped here....the NCAA makes exceptions all the time, they could go to another program - or transfer out after the year ended. Most stayed and that was partly due to John L. - he held the class together, CBB should thank him.

Don't down on JLS until we see the record CBB finishes w this year - after 5 years of 'rebuilding' - John L did it on a 10 month contract while going through bankruptcy
Exactly right ole deer slayer.....John L.'s one year produced a better record than Bert's 1st year, probably will beat this year's record too.  Ranking our last few football coach's.

1.  Bobby Petrino
2.  Hoot N Dale nut
3.  John L Smith
4.  Foggy the Clown
5.  Bert Bulimia

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 10:48:55 am
No he didn't. I heard the presser. That's not what he said.

Guv is an amazing specimen of dishonesty. I wouldn't believe anything he says.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 19, 2017, 08:39:18 pm

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

twistitup

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 08:33:36 pm
Holy hell do some of you hate bielema so much that you are actually defending JLS?

Defending?

Facts are facts....

Are you actually defending CBB?

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:50:18 pm
Defending?

Facts are facts....

All aboard the fast train to crazy town!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:50:18 pm
Defending?

Facts are facts....

No Ive said he sucks multiple times. In this thread. I just don't have to make up crap to want him fired. His coaching speaks for itself.

Porkchop#1

CBP won 21 games his last 2 years, CBB has won 27 halfway thru his 5th season...  Bret needs to call Bobby for some coaching pointers.

Piggfoot

Quote from: gchamblee on October 19, 2017, 08:39:18 pm
I don't think Guv is dishonest. It's just he get a little confused at times and disremembers things. Kinda like Hillary.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RedRock

factchecker

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 19, 2017, 08:56:06 pm
Bret needs to call Bobby for some coaching pointers.

Hopefully Bobby will tell him to run the wheel route with TJ Hammonds.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 08:54:47 pm
No Ive said he sucks multiple times. In this thread. I just don't have to make up crap to want him fired. His coaching speaks for itself.

I have not lied one bit

gchamblee

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 19, 2017, 10:53:05 am
So you actually believed we could out Bama, Bama?  His philosophy was dumb to even attempt in the SEC.  As long as Saban is there, nobody is going to put Bama, Bama.  And, when did Ga Tech or Iowa become programs anyone would want to emulate?

I didn't think we could out bama, bama. I did think we could do the same thing bama does to everyone else. It works when you do it right.

Dropkick

CBP won 21 games his last 2 years, CBB has won 27 halfway thru his 5th season...  Bret needs to call Bobby for some coaching pointers.
On beating Alabama?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 08:47:15 am
Or he could have used an honest approach coming in....."This is going to be a long term turnaround...we will get it done but there needs to be patience and time in allowing me to put a foundation in place"

Instead it was - I CAME TO WIN THE SEC....WE ARE NOT JUST GOING TO PLAY BAMA WERE GOING TO BEAT BAMA

He needs to read up on the Tom Herman approach at Texas
If any coach would have come in with the approach you mention, half the fan base would have already been up in arms.  Coach speak, honesty, complete BS... there is nothing that can be said to make the fans happy

PharmacistHog

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 09:15:12 pm
I have not lied one bit

I didn't mean to insinuate you did. I apologize for that.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 19, 2017, 04:58:59 pm
The great irony is that his greatest teams were comprised of Petrino recruits and its only now, after high school kids probably don't even know Petrino ever coached at Arkansas that it's an issue.  Also, that first class of his, which should have been the worst, if his assessment is true, was loaded with contributors.  Since then not too much.
And so have the worst teams so far.  No, this is not his worst season... at least yet.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 19, 2017, 09:20:40 pm
If any coach would have come in with the approach you mention, half the fan base would have already been up in arms.  Coach speak, honesty, complete BS... there is nothing that can be said to make the fans happy

He underestimated the job. And he is correct that the drama made trying to rebuild that much harder. Petrino had a couple great seasons so half the fans started out disliking bielema and comparing every move to petrino's success. That made it even more difficult. He's failing because he just sucks as a coach, but I still think he was right in his answer to that loaded question.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 09:35:40 pm
He underestimated the job. And he is correct that the drama made trying to rebuild that much harder. Petrino had a couple great seasons so half the fans started out disliking bielema and comparing every move to petrino's success. That made it even more difficult. He's failing because he just sucks as a coach, but I still think he was right in his answer to that loaded question.
We agree.  I believe CBB has said before that he underestimated the SEC,or something to that effect.  He should have been able to get better assistants quickly.  That could have been enough to win an extra game or two per year.

rtr

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 08:54:47 pm
I don't think twistitup has made anything up. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rtr on October 19, 2017, 10:04:32 pm
I don't think twistitup has made anything up. 

I quoted him but did not mean to direct that part of my post AT him. And I did apologize to him for not being more clear in my post. I was addressing the multiple posters that blame every single little thing on Bielema.

rtr

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 10:14:47 pm
I quoted him but did not mean to direct that part of my post AT him. And I did apologize to him for not being more clear in my post. I was addressing the multiple posters that blame every single little thing on Bielema.
Well, there is no need to make things up.  That is for sure.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rtr on October 19, 2017, 10:15:58 pm
Well, there is no need to make things up.  That is for sure.

Exactly. His horrendous coaching and record says it all.

East Clintwood

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
That really is some dumb darn. Thank JLS?

I haven't seen any evidence that Bert has been an upgrade over Smilie.  Same basic record.

Jeffy only gave Smilie one year.  Who knows what he could have done with another four?  We could be the defending SEC champion.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Porkchop#1

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 12:05:34 am

I haven't seen any evidence that Bert has been an upgrade over Smilie.  Same basic record.

Jeffy only gave Smilie one year.  Who knows what he could have done with another four?  We could be the defending SEC champion.
John L. was a  bit over the hill, but his one year was a little better than CBB's first year. 

In his prime Smilie wasn't a bad coach at all, and obviously would coach circles around Bielema.

nchogg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 08:40:46 am
He is realistic about his situation ,  The JLS issue and how Bobby left did make it harder for us to recruit.   He is coaching for his job the rest of the year.  A win Saturday would help him a ton.
That's my take.

code red

JlL and Petrino era? Lol.  Negativity?  He brought it on.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 20, 2017, 03:37:23 am
John L. was a  bit over the hill, but his one year was a little better than CBB's first year. 

In his prime Smilie wasn't a bad coach at all, and obviously would coach circles around Bielema.

Smile has been a head coach at 7 places including Arkansas. He's had a winning record at exactly................ONE of them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Maybe he could advise him to wreck a bike with a blonde on the back...that would get rid of clueless Bert..well maybe not, Jeffie does love the guy...and his 10-25 SEC record that he blames everybody else for.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on October 20, 2017, 08:08:23 am
Maybe he could advise him to wreck a bike with a blonde on the back...that would get rid of clueless Bert..well maybe not, Jeffie does love the guy...and his 10-25 SEC record that he blames everybody else for.

Do they make a bike big enough for Butters?

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 20, 2017, 07:25:04 am
Smile has been a head coach at 7 places including Arkansas. He's had a winning record at exactly................ONE of them.

He helped here during a very difficult time...he helped retain a good recruiting class that helped CBB.

Sadly, I think our program would have a similar record if he was still here. CBB and John L both give good soundbites- but that's about where it ends.

Smile!

jkstock04

Quote from: twistitup on October 20, 2017, 08:14:50 am
He helped here during a very difficult time...he helped retain a good recruiting class that helped CBB.

LOL. Bielema came in and pulled offers by several (if not most) of the guys offered by smile.

That was back when whoiskid was telling us what an elite recruiting job John l Smith was doing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys