Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With 4.4 speed how did we miss out on Hastings.

Started by Piggfoot, October 18, 2017, 09:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 18, 2017, 09:15:04 pm
Short kicker converted to receiver by Malzahn.

Because Beliema sucks and needs to be fired.  Oh, wait, no. . .fire Jeff Long first AND THEN fire Beliema.  We can't have Long making the next coaching hire.

There!  Now this is going where they all go and this thread can go ahead and die.

onebadrubi

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

theFlyingHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 18, 2017, 10:29:30 pm
Bert doesn't believe in speed.
"Chuck, when you have fast players three things can happen. Two of them are bad"

hogginbama

If we had taken him as a kicker and converted him to WR someone would be complaining that CBB was desperate and switching players around to keep them from playing. So what good would it have done?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Everyone missed him. No D1 offers. He was a great high school WR, but he's small and was overlooked.

PorkRinds

riccoar

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:22:27 am
Probably because he's 5'10 and 150 lbs.
LOL.  My first thought was the Towel Boy from Michigan in The Waterboy.  He ran into a laundry list of problems.

Piggfoot

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:22:27 am
Probably because he's 5'10 and 150 lbs.
Reggie Fish and Joe Adams weren't much larger. Of course Malzahn used Fish in his hidden back trick play ironically against Auburn. We should lookout for that play Saturday.

LRRandy

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 19, 2017, 07:33:01 am
Reggie Fish and Joe Adams weren't much larger. Of course Malzahn used Fish in his hidden back trick play ironically against Auburn. We should lookout for that play Saturday.
did you just call an Auburn play for Saturday? Would Gus try to slip that one in ? The razorback D might ought to rep that in practice this week.
This is fun, isn't it.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 18, 2017, 09:15:04 pm
Short kicker converted to receiver by Malzahn.

BB knows speed when he sees it. Big 10 speed. That's what he brought us "that we've never had" here, that awesome Big 10 speed.

He's never figured out that is key in this conference. That's why he has the stupid "I'm lost" look on his face during the game.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

HardCore

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 18, 2017, 09:18:48 pm
Because Beliema sucks and needs to be fired.  Oh, wait, no. . .fire Jeff Long first AND THEN fire Beliema.  We can't have Long making the next coaching hire.

That's an Excellent idea.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jkstock04

Once this staff got ahold of him that 4.4 would've turned into a 5.0....midwestern style.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jcbville

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 18, 2017, 09:18:48 pm

There!  Now this is going where they all go and this thread can go ahead and die.

Also he was a walk on. So blame all the coaches everywhere? Or just say "good for you kid?"

LRrazorback

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 19, 2017, 07:50:11 am
Once this staff got ahold of him that 4.4 would've turned into a 5.0....midwestern style.

Ha

kaki

Hindsight is 20/20.  How many of you coaching superstars were touting him his Senior year in High School, especially since you know so much more than any of our past, present or future coaches?  Would he be the difference in this years team?  His blocking may not be much less effective than our OLine has been, but he doesn't project that well at offensive tackle.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

Good for the kid just hope he doesn't gut us like LSU Hoilday did a few years back or Ole Misses Dexter McCluster.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Hmm, lets see, 130 fbs teams and he got ZERO fbs offers, so I would say Saban, Dabo, Urban Harbaugh, all 130 of them are morons for not seeing WR potential in a 5'10"ish 150lbs kicker.

With all the legit stuff there is to talk about, why do people keep trying to manufacture stuff?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

Quote from: Laughing Hog on October 19, 2017, 07:42:59 am
BB knows speed when he sees it. Big 10 speed. That's what he brought us "that we've never had" here, that awesome Big 10 speed.

He's never figured out that is key in this conference. That's why he has the stupid "I'm lost" look on his face during the game.
Well, they ALL look fast to him!   ;D

smb

Good point.
GeorgiaHOG

razorsharp94

Quote from: hogginbama on October 18, 2017, 11:53:32 pm
If we had taken him as a kicker and converted him to WR someone would be complaining that CBB was desperate and switching players around to keep them from playing. So what good would it have done?

Our coaching staff can't even get TJ Hammonds the ball averaging 8 yards per touch.  They would have never had the foresight to let Will have a chance at WR here. 

Piggfoot

Quote from: hogsanity on October 19, 2017, 09:28:34 am
Hmm, lets see, 130 fbs teams and he got ZERO fbs offers, so I would say Saban, Dabo, Urban Harbaugh, all 130 of them are morons for not seeing WR potential in a 5'10"ish 150lbs kicker.

With all the legit stuff there is to talk about, why do people keep trying to manufacture stuff?
You can not overlook speed. Someone had to know about that. Why was that not communicated to the Razorback staff?
Willie Roaf was overlooked, partially because of an influential man who steered Pine Bluff players away from Fatetteville. A Pine Bluff coach encouraged the Lousiana. Coach to look at him based on his parents.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 19, 2017, 09:50:39 am
You can not overlook speed. Someone had to know about that. Why was that not communicated to the Razorback staff?
Willie Roaf was overlooked, partially because of an influential man who steered Pine Bluff players away from Fatetteville. A Pine Bluff coach encouraged the Lousiana. Coach to look at him based on his parents.

LOL. Some of y'all are ate up with it.

hogsanity

You can not overlook speed.

Yet, apparently, all 130 fbs coaches did. Even Gus did, only after the kid waled on as a kicker did Gus even notice him. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogs-n-Roses

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 19, 2017, 08:38:43 am
He was a walk on kicker.

This. Those who say that our coaches "missed" on this guy are purposely naive.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Karma on October 19, 2017, 10:14:49 am
I've known him since he was 4. He's about 5'8". But he is super fast.

Fair enough.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Karma on October 19, 2017, 10:14:49 am
I've known him since he was 4. He's about 5'8". But he is super fast.
But is he Tanner English or Kane Whitehurst kinda fast? You know-Bolt kinda speed ??? ::)

31to6

Kid seems to be a playmaker. However, that doesn't even mean he would be able to play much of a role in our offense. He is the kind of player who will thrive in a spread offense where he can get open in space. So, even if CBB had given extended him a preferred walk-on status or something, how many snaps is he going to get in an offense where we need WR's who can block in the run game?

I'm not going to rip the staff for not offering someone who had no D-1 offers and who is a square peg in our scheme anyway.

(Now, with our kicking woes, we should let anyone who has ever played rec soccer walk on and take a couple shots at place kicking.)

texas tush hog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoggusamoungus

But did Willie Roaf run 4.4?

Dropkick

Hastings cousin works with me. He couldn't even get a look from ASU despite putting up some serious numbers at PA. He is a kid everybody overlooked scholly wise.

ricepig

Dropkick

East Clintwood

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 19, 2017, 07:50:11 am

We'd try to fatten him up with the Bret Bielema diet plan.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 19, 2017, 10:50:43 am
But is he Tanner English or Kane Whitehurst kinda fast? You know-Bolt kinda speed ??? ::)

Now those dudes were fast.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hview

Another question to ask is why do players with speed, stay on the bench. I'm speaking particularly of TJ.

Pigsknuckles

Woody
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GoHogzzGo

CBB would not have known how to use him like all our other fast elusive players.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

southeasthog

I can't believe this staff overlooked Roaf. They should be fired for that.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: southeasthog on October 20, 2017, 05:16:21 am
I can't believe this staff overlooked Roaf. They should be fired for that.
Bert couldn't get Keith Jackson either.  How did Bert let him slip away to Oklahoma?  Fire his tail yesterday! 

ricepig

Quote from: hview on October 19, 2017, 03:08:46 pm
Another question to ask is why do players with speed, stay on the bench. I'm speaking particularly of TJ.

From his radio show

"Bielema said Arkansas came out of the Alabama game relatively healthy, but there still are some lingering injuries to watch this week. Offensive lineman Johnny Gibson was "a little banged up again this week" with a knee injury, Bielema said, and running back T.J. Hammonds is nursing a foot injury suffered when he was kicked in practice last week. "

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2017, 07:21:30 am
From his radio show

"Bielema said Arkansas came out of the Alabama game relatively healthy, but there still are some lingering injuries to watch this week. Offensive lineman Johnny Gibson was "a little banged up again this week" with a knee injury, Bielema said, and running back T.J. Hammonds is nursing a foot injury suffered when he was kicked in practice last week. "

Some people would read that and say Bret has lost the team because they are kicking each other in practice!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

al_pigcino

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2017, 07:21:30 am
From his radio show

How do you get hurt only getting 3 snaps a game?