Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pettway visiting or not

Started by hogfan71, January 30, 2015, 07:28:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

My son and some UA classmates called the Hogs while standing on the Great Wall.  Bet that will keep the Mongols from ever invading again.

Quote from: steefhog on February 03, 2015, 11:40:37 am
And you're entitled to that opinion.

But you ASKED...if anyone shared that opinion. And you were pretty emphatically answered, that you a minority of one.
Fair enough. I didn't expect to be a majority and I'm not saying you shouldn't love it.  Just doesn't do anything for me.

Ā 

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: steefhog on January 31, 2015, 04:39:17 pm
I was on a tour bus in Alaska. We made a stop at a particular scenic place in the road and the driver...a 20'ish young lady...asked, "Does anybody want to call the Hogs!?"

You don't have to ask ME twice!

My daughters cringed, knowing what was coming.

The rest of the bus were like tennis fans, with necks snapping between me...and the driver (who was now calling 'em with me)...and back.

Turns out, she graduated the year before and took a touring gig in Alaska before chasing her career.

Quote from: B Ray on February 01, 2015, 11:16:24 am
I was in the Bahamas in the late 90s , looked across the bar seen a guy wearing a Corliss Williamson basketball jersey , so I bought him a drink , from one HOG fan to another is what the bartender told him . So, he comes over and is actually from the Bahamas and had a very distinctive accent , he thanked me for the drink , but wanted to ask me for a favor , I said what was it , he said he loves the HOGS and has never called the HOGS the right way , can you help me , I said most definitely , after calling the HOGS , he was a friend of the bar owner and I can say that the drinks just kept coming !!!

Here's a question for the ages-  which of these is a cooler story?

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2015, 07:57:25 am
Ok. Been a fan for 50 years, graduated from there, etc. don't care for the hog call.
I honestly can't believe you would admit that in a public forum. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

mhuff

Went to a LSU - OM game a few years ago. Each of the schools were doing their respective yells. I stood up and called the HOGS. Two little OM kids looked at me like I was crazy. I just smiled.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 01, 2015, 11:09:48 am
Done it at a couple weddings!

11/9/1996 I got married in Aberdeen, MS. My groomsmen and all the Arkansas folks called the Hog's when somebody announced the Score from the Arkansas, Ole Miss game. It was pretty surreal. Buddy Brewer was there too. Felt great.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BillyHog53

I last ran the pikes peak marathon in 2010 and the starter had all the runners call the hogs before the start, don't know if they still do it but it was pretty darn cool!