Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So why did NLR wait to vacate the wins from '13-'14....

Started by hogfanfromlr, February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: JIHawg on February 06, 2015, 09:48:08 am
I tell you why this is bogus-nobody would ever move from Bryant to NLR.

Nobody who didn't grow up in the county really wants to live in the county.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

snoblind

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 10:54:42 am
Just a concerned local fan.......

Why does Central Arkansas need a now outed cheating HS/District to continue being THE viable power?

Wouldn't it be better, for the kids mind you, that a CLEAN HS/District be the power so that its legitimacy, and the student-athletes it produces, is/are above question? 

Interesting isn't it?

XX

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 06, 2015, 10:53:28 am
I think you may be on to something, Montez did sound like somebody who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and then tried to turn it around saying "you people only care what you can get from KJ" (the implication of which is that he and KJ also deserve something extra.)
I always thought the Montez rant was a bit over the top considering all fan bases have crazies.  I never heard anything but positive remarks about KJ...everyone knew he would be a hog.  Time will tell...
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

hoglady

Why does Central Arkansas need a now outed cheating HS/District to continue being THE viable power?

Wouldn't it be better, for the kids mind you, that a CLEAN HS/District be the power so that its legitimacy, and the student-athletes it produces, is/are above question? 

Because the NLR district is the only one willing to put any money into their athletic programs. Good Lord, look at the state of the athletic facilities in the LR High Schools. Didn't they self report a violation that cost them a state championship? Remember they outed themselves.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogfan870

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:53:38 am
I have no idea where he lived when he was going to Bryant.

me either - shouldn't have said that he lived there.  I guess I had assumed he lived in Bryant when he went to school there.  I have always assumed that is how it worked, but honestly I went to private school and so do my kids, so I really have no idea.

All that being said, regardless of where he lived, where he could have legitimately transferred to, Bolding apparently recruited him to come to NLR, and I assume we all agree that that is, and should be, against the rules.  (Looking at you Shiloh/PA)

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:53:38 am
I have no idea where he lived when he was going to Bryant.

Correct, some just assume he lived there......

linkshog

Another simple rule to remember:  any kid can attend the school district in which their parent is employed.  It appears there may have been a discrepency in the '13-'14 season, but since his step father became a contract district employee the following year there was no issue.  Wether or not he was recruited or his parents thought it was best fpor him to switch is another part of the story.  I could see them skirting the rules to have him play at NLR his junior year and then figure out a legit way for hiim to participate hi senior year.  it's happened before in high school sports and it'll happen again.  I dont see much difference in this and private schools overing "sponsorships" for attendence.

I lived in Springdale for awhile in high school and witnessed first hand the community involvement and money being pumped into the school and program from the booster club(s).  this was never a thing at NLR until recently.  Its allowed the program to become a competitive again.  They won the bball titlte before KJ got there and still lost in the semis in fball before he got there as well.  I just hope all this doesnt set them back.  WPS!!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

Tusks

guys guys guys......the story isn't the transfer issue.......just like watergate.....google it......follow the MONEY!

Taking the dagger to cover the deeper transgressions.

Dig more on two nickels than fly.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoglady

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:02:11 am

me either - shouldn't have said that he lived there.  I guess I had assumed he lived in Bryant when he went to school there.  I have always assumed that is how it worked, but honestly I went to private school and so do my kids, so I really have no idea.

All that being said, regardless of where he lived, where he could have legitimately transferred to, Bolding apparently recruited him to come to NLR, and I assume we all agree that that is, and should be, against the rules.  (Looking at you Shiloh/PA)

It's only against the rules for public schools.
The private schools get away with it on regular basis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:02:23 am
Correct, some just assume he lived there......

Why is this even important - the transfer rules are not what is in issue, it is the improper recruitment to NLR.  Even if he could have legitimately transferred there, it is still wrong for the coach to recruit him.

And it is even more wrong if the coach recruits him to not only win games, but also get fans of certain colleges to donate to his booster club

hoglady

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 11:04:40 am
Another simple rule to remember:  any kid can attend the school district in which their parent is employed.  It appears there may have been a discrepency in the '13-'14 season, but since his step father became a contract district employee the following year there was no issue.  Wether or not he was recruited or his parents thought it was best fpor him to switch is another part of the story.  I could see them skirting the rules to have him play at NLR his junior year and then figure out a legit way for hiim to participate hi senior year.  it's happened before in high school sports and it'll happen again.  I dont see much difference in this and private schools overing "sponsorships" for attendence.

I lived in Springdale for awhile in high school and witnessed first hand the community involvement and money being pumped into the school and program from the booster club(s).  this was never a thing at NLR until recently.  Its allowed the program to become a competitive again.  They won the bball titlte before KJ got there and still lost in the semis in fball before he got there as well.  I just hope all this doesnt set them back.  WPS!!

One of the most sensible posts I've read so far, plus you may be on to something with the employment issue.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:02:11 am

It's definitely against the rules, but it happens at almost every school. Now, that doesn't mean that coaches are paying kids to play for them, but kids want to go to successful schools. Look up in NWA, there are transfers at Bentonville, Har-Ber, Fayetteville, and probably every other school. It happens in the delta as well as southwest. It was actually easier in Pulaski County due to their liberal transfer policies. I say hang em all, but it's still going to happen, just as "scholarships" at private schools.

hogfan870

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 11:05:32 am
It's only against the rules for public schools.
The private schools get away with it on regular basis.

Well they may get away with it, but I am pretty sure it is still against AAA rules.  Just because you get away with something, doesn't make it right

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:05:54 am
Why is this even important - the transfer rules are not what is in issue, it is the improper recruitment to NLR.  Even if he could have legitimately transferred there, it is still wrong for the coach to recruit him.

And it is even more wrong if the coach recruits him to not only win games, but also get fans of certain colleges to donate to his booster club

Correct, and the have had their victories stripped, right?

pigture perfect

Why do public schools have the disadvantage of recruitment and transfers considering this happens with the Private Academies quite often.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The Boar War

KJ Hill wasn't the only athlete to sign a loi from NLR.  It would have been inappropriate to cast a shadow on them (possibly costing an innocent person a scholarship).

hogfan870

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 11:04:40 am

Seriously, what if Bolding got his dad that job because he wanted KJ to play there.  What if Bolding got his dad that job because it would help his raise money for the booster club from fans of certain colleges?  You have to admit that would be wrong.

And wasn't this booster club that has apparently raised a lot of money - well into the 6 figures - started during the recruitment of Tenpenny?

ricepig

Have you ever been to a Hall/PV/McClellan game? My son's teams played them, it was embarrassing for them, 5 fans on their side, no support. Haven't people wanted a strong program in Central Arkansas to have these "players" we could recruit? I hope they punish NLR more severely, but we need someone besides PA in Central Arkansas putting out football players.

hogfan870

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:12:25 am
Seriously, what if Bolding got his dad that job because he wanted KJ to play there.  What if Bolding got his dad that job because it would help his raise money for the booster club from fans of certain colleges?  You have to admit that would be wrong.

And wasn't this booster club that has apparently raised a lot of money - well into the 6 figures - started during the recruitment of Tenpenny?

The NLR Foundation was organized in 2010 I believe, but I could be wrong. It's on the SEC of State website.

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:14:04 am
Have you ever been to a Hall/PV/McClellan game? My son's teams played them, it was embarrassing for them, 5 fans on their side, no support. Haven't people wanted a strong program in Central Arkansas to have these "players" we could recruit? I hope they punish NLR more severely, but we need someone besides PA in Central Arkansas putting out football players.

Nope - we need high school educating young people to have success in the future, attend college, get a good job, become productive members of society.  Really, football should be way down the priority list of our education system.

Tusks

Thank you.......a nugget of what's going on.

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:12:25 am

Tusks

someone needs to audit the 501C......you can't track cash and I'd be curious how much came in as cash vs checks.  I'd love to see who wrote the checks to the fund.  These guys are pros at cheating but you never know, maybe they slipped up.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:16:14 am
Nope - we need high school educating young people to have success in the future, attend college, get a good job, become productive members of society.  Really, football should be way down the priority list of our education system.

I agree, but are we arguing about productive members of society, or football players on this website?

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2015, 11:17:51 am
someone needs to audit the 501C......you can't track cash and I'd be curious how much came in as cash vs checks.  I'd love to see who wrote the checks to the fund.  These guys are pros at cheating but you never know, maybe they slipped up.

Do you get to see who wrote checks to the Razorback Foundation, yeah didn't think so. Good luck on getting to see this audit. They haven't reported to Guide star their 990, but I'd bet they've filed it with the IRS.

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:18:13 am
I agree, but are we arguing about productive members of society, or football players on this website?

I am not arguing about either - I was just bringing some info I had heard about what was going on at NLR.  Some people just seem to want to deny it, even after the information becomes public

snoblind

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 11:01:35 am
Because the NLR district is the only one willing to put any money into their athletic programs. Good Lord, look at the state of the athletic facilities in the LR High Schools. Didn't they self report a violation that cost them a state championship? Remember they outed themselves.

And most folks who self report do so just ahead of the PTB coming down on them and volunteering to forfeit the wins on their own could simply mean they hope that will be all that happens.

gawntrail

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 11:01:35 am

Self reporting before the allegations went public in order to spin the damage does not qualify as righteous.

And, that money..... That seems to be one of the issues doesn't it?

Tusks

I want to nail bamas arse to the wall.

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:22:47 am
I am not arguing about either - I was just bringing some info I had heard about what was going on at NLR.  Some people just seem to want to deny it, even after the information becomes public

hoglady

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:16:14 am

That sounds good.
But the reality is sports can serve a vital role in helping keep kids in school and off the streets. All kids needs something they are good at - sometimes it's academics or music or art or sports. Each one of these can help a kid become a productive member of society.

redeye

Quote from: PigTales on February 06, 2015, 09:27:59 am
They were concerned it would hurt KJ's recruiting and other schools would back off until all the investigations were completed there are still personal issues per the Arkansas On Line Article. Also I believe we might not have backed off of KJ completely but I believe we may have slowed down our recruiting. Here is a interesting tweet from KJ before his tweet to decommit
https://twitter.com/kayjayhill/status/556831662236241921
He then decommits.
In his Step Fathers Rant the Sunday he decommitted He refers to a change in the way he felt about our coaching staff. And things happen that we know nothing about. ( which could be a call from CBB stating we were going to hold a spot for KJ but we needed to make sure he was not going to be ineligible. The step dad also refers to Us not caring about his son in the 2013 season or before 2014 when in fact we offered KJ in Sept of 2013. Ohio didn't offer or recruit him until Jan 2015.
His family completely stopped talking to the Arkansas Media. And it seems to me like we were lead to believe KJ had to move to NLR because of his Step Fathers job. Not sure if I remember that correctly but I believe that was the reason many were giving for his transfer to NLR.
I don't have a source, I don't know for certain what is happening behind closed doors but I can see smoke coming out from under a door if I look deep enough. Something is not right about ALL OF THIS and honestly I feel sorry for KJ I believe he did want to play for the Hogs, I believe he had no idea he was violating any AAA rules until all of this broke. I believe the family knew this was coming and they were also concerned how the players, their families, and people from Arkansas would respond to NLR having to vacate all their football and basketball wins. There was a very different tone to the Step Dad's attitude toward our coaching staff, I believe he mentioned it or hinted to it in his rant and others who were following him and were on other messages boards said their was a BIG change in his attitude towards Arkansas.
Probably nothing to all of this but it's sure interesting to try to dig through the debris and to try and read the "Smoke Rings"

IIRC, KJ's step-father was once angry at our coaches because he thought they should have offered sooner.  Our coaches have a process and don't throw out offers as easily as some do.  It apparently upset KJ's dad.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:22:47 am

What's gone public, that there was an ineligible player at NLR? What besides that has been proven?

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on February 06, 2015, 11:25:56 am
IIRC, KJ's step-father was once angry at our coaches because he thought they should have offered sooner.  Our coaches have a process and don't throw out offers as easily as some do.  It apparently upset KJ's dad.

Yep, thought we didn't show the proper respect. At that time, people thought he was an Auburn lean.

HogPound

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 06, 2015, 10:56:27 am
Nobody who didn't grow up in the county really wants to live in the county.

Exactly. If you're a toothless redneck who is saline county bred, you love saline county.

I personally can't wait until the day I get out of the stupid county.

PorkRinds

Sounds like he may be a guy that's pretty easy to upset...

gawntrail

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 06, 2015, 11:10:37 am
Why do public schools have the disadvantage of recruitment and transfers considering this happens with the Private Academies quite often.

Vouchers. 

The US Dept of Ed is bought and paid for by the NEA and the AFT.  Vouchers/school choice is the mountain they will die on.  Even though they are not big players in this state or at the local level, they are with the people this state gets its ED money from.

Different argument, different topic, but, same answer.

HogPound

His step dad and mom were the issues.

Anyone close to the situation will tell you, kj's biological dad and stepmother had a solid relationship with coach B.

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:28:50 am
What's gone public, that there was an ineligible player at NLR? What besides that has been proven?

That the NLR football coach is being fired for recruiting KJ to NLR

gawntrail

Quote from: HogPound on February 06, 2015, 11:30:15 am
Exactly. If you're a toothless redneck who is saline county bred, you love saline county.

I personally can't wait until the day I get out of the stupid county.

I've seen plenty of toothless types in urban jungles too.  Proper dental hygiene is an equal opportunity habit/nonhabit.  It doesn't discriminate.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:33:21 am
That the NLR football coach is being fired for recruiting KJ to NLR

Yeah, duh, why do you think there was an ineligible player?? Those are the same thing, correct? The coach has 4 items listed on his dismissal, if his lawyer is telling the truth.

gawntrail

Quote from: HogPound on February 06, 2015, 11:33:15 am
His step dad and mom were the issues.

Anyone close to the situation will tell you, kj's biological dad and stepmother had a solid relationship with coach B.

Coach B (UofA) or Coach B (NLR HS)?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogfanfromlr on February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am
until yesterday, Thursday after signing day 2015?  Why not when they found out and knew the issues at hand?

Don't you know everything in life is a conspiracy.................at least to some irrational, illogical and paranoid people.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:37:23 am
Yeah, duh, why do you think there was an ineligible player?? Those are the same thing, correct? The coach has 4 items listed on his dismissal, if his lawyer is telling the truth.

You asked.  And no, lots of people are defending the NLR folks - and keep talking about how it was a transfer issue.  It has nothing to do with transfer, it is improper recruitment by the HS football coach.

Been10Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 06, 2015, 08:44:47 am
I'm sure their is a process. Sounds like as soon as they found out they reported it...
Really? Do you really believe that? The numbers of naive people never cease to amaze me!

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:40:42 am
You asked.  And no, lots of people are defending the NLR folks - and keep talking about how it was a transfer issue.  It has nothing to do with transfer, it is improper recruitment by the HS football coach.

You do realize this improper recruitment involves his transfer?

Been10Hog

Quote from: online-with-swine on February 06, 2015, 09:08:20 am
I actually hope money did change hands and BAMA was involved.  Everyone knows they cheat.  They shouldn't be allowed to come in our state and buy our recruits, if it happened.
I agree! If the "journalists" in this state would make this such a public issue, it would be harder for NCAA to sweep under the rug any findings suggesting Bama boosters "parked" top Arkansas recruits at NLR

HogPound

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogPound on February 06, 2015, 11:46:12 am
The only coach B that matters on this forum. Bret.

I've never even heard anything from his dad and step mom.  Only the step dad and mother. 

gawntrail

Quote from: HogPound on February 06, 2015, 11:46:12 am
The only coach B that matters on this forum. Bret.

I assumed that.  Just clarifying for the happy gas crowd.

HogPound

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 06, 2015, 11:47:25 am
I've never even heard anything from his dad and step mom.  Only the step dad and mother.

Exactly. And I will just leave it at that.